Lord hair quality control on french lace units

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy stock full stop...The density is always too much for a start.

Full lace custom hair system and high quality can be got from MG Ford. If you need it fairly quickly he does a rush delivery for £80 extra.
Hey @yurguardianangel , I was under the assumption that custom systems took over 15-19 weeks? What’s the delivery time for MG Ford hair on a custom system?

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy stock full stop...The density is always too much for a start.

Full lace custom hair system and high quality can be got from MG Ford. If you need it fairly quickly he does a rush delivery for £80 extra.
I would love to get a system from MG Ford but they go for like £ 400 + which is insane when you can pick up stock direct from China for £200-£230max. I used to use Hair4all ( Whom i think he works with maybe ) when i first started my hair system journey back 8yrs ago and i used to pay monthly with them for a system every 3-6mths depending on when i needed it... but it was like £80 a month and the systems where costing me £450 ( if i remember rightly ) thats just the system no install or cut in or anything... i have to say the quality of the hair for all system was good.. never had a problem with shedding and they generally lasted 4 + months on average .. but i just can not justify paying all that ££ for one system , when you could potentially have 2 stock from china for the same price and use each one 2 mths! ( mine stocks normally last 3mths max atm )

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would love to get a system from MG Ford but they go for like £ 400 + which is insane when you can pick up stock direct from China for £200-£230max. I used to use Hair4all ( Whom i think he works with maybe ) when i first started my hair system journey back 8yrs ago and i used to pay monthly with them for a system every 3-6mths depending on when i needed it... but it was like £80 a month and the systems where costing me £450 ( if i remember rightly ) thats just the system no install or cut in or anything... i have to say the quality of the hair for all system was good.. never had a problem with shedding and they generally lasted 4 + months on average .. but i just can not justify paying all that ££ for one system , when you could potentially have 2 stock from china for the same price and use each one 2 mths! ( mine stocks normally last 3mths max atm )
It's cheap actually for a high quality custom hair system. They are normally more.
Hair4all are now a rip off at £600-£700 per custom hair system.

Stock is crap, density always too much I find. Colour match hit and miss too.
Plus for that cheap it won't be good quality.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a update for you guys. Just received my stock Lavivd Swiss lace hair system and I’m just shocked at how bad the hairline looks. I mean it looks like uniform rows of hair like a dolls hair. Is this what stock systems are like in general?

0E7122C4-306F-4108-9CF4-31F88F0902E1.jpeg

Last edited:

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a update for you guys. Just received my stock Lavivd Swiss lace hair system and I’m just shocked at how bad the hairline looks. I mean it looks like uniform rows of hair like a dolls hair. Is this what stock systems are like in general?

View attachment 165335
that hairline looks terrible.. are the knots bleached ? ... this is the problem with dark hair systems unless the hairline is bleached you can see the knots TOO quickly. thankfully i now wear a blonde system so i dont have this issue with bleached knots. but that does look bad tbh

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
that hairline looks terrible.. are the knots bleached ? ... this is the problem with dark hair systems unless the hairline is bleached you can see the knots TOO quickly. thankfully i now wear a blonde system so i dont have this issue with bleached knots. but that does look bad tbh
The hair quality is good. Soft and natural so it such a shame that the hairline is awful. I also believe that an attempt has been made to bleach the knots but I think the effort is half arsed. It’s like a machine has knotted the system (which is why you have the uniform rows of hair) and then they’ve left the bleach on for a very short amount of time. Their support is pretty good so far though.

I’m checking with Lavivid to see if this is just a one off or whether this is just what their stock Helios Full swiss lace systems are like. I’m also returning this system back to them for a refund.

I’m just so surprised that 2 different companies have bleached knot issues on their systems. Lavivids hairline on this system is awful compared to Lordhair system so I hope they’re all not like that.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i would return it for sure.. have they not said they will get you a replacement with bleached knots at the front ? i used to use Hollywood Lace years ago and i always found the knots in the front to be obvious. i have naturally brown hair but i have now been wearing a blonde system for years now and i prefer it as there is NO issue with knots , sadly not everyone will get the benefit of a blonde system as most wear dark systems. This is also one of the reasons i have stuck with having a blonde system

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people have blonde units that they then colour, this eliminates the knot issues. But everyone should get used to bleaching their pieces it's not a complicated process.

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people have blonde units that they then colour, this eliminates the knot issues. But everyone should get used to bleaching their pieces it's not a complicated process.
Hey @mrdavies Can you share some tips and specifics with us (product, timing etc)? I can’t help but feel like they’d be a massive mismatch between the 1B off black colour and the blonde roots as I assume dying too close to the base would colour that too? With bleaching the knots I was surprised at the amount of hair that fell out due to the bleaching process and how some of the knots did not bleach at all.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @mrdavies Can you share some tips and specifics with us (product, timing etc)? I can’t help but feel like they’d be a massive mismatch between the 1B off black colour and the blonde roots as I assume dying too close to the base would colour that too? With bleaching the knots I was surprised at the amount of hair that fell out due to the bleaching process and how some of the knots did not bleach at all.
It's called a dye-after process, where natural blond hair is used for the hairline, and died to the base color (after) the unit is knotted.