Looking To Assess Norwood Scale And If I Need Treatment

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Never been on a forum for hair loss before, however I have noticed recession in the temples and potentially a little thinning around the hairline. Don't have any issues with the thickness of hair, however I feel the temples may be sure signs of either a mature hair line or male pattern baldness. Could anyone opine on norwood scale and if minoxidil would be a good choice of treatment to, more or less, maintain the current hair I have now. Worried about the potential side effects of shedding and the fact you have to use the product for life. Also, I am 25 years old.

Thanks everyone in advance for the input.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Image 5.jpg
    Image 5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 377
  • Image 6.jpg
    Image 6.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 366
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Iamge 4 .jpg
    Iamge 4 .jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 351
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 357

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
on a Norwood scale of 1-7, I would say you are about NWteenwolf.

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
on a Norwood scale of 1-7, I would say you are about NWteenwolf.

Haha thanks man, but I still feel that V shape hairline may be creeping up on me. Although, I have always had a widows peak. Do you think it is worth using Rogaine as a preventative measure or just monitor my hairline?

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
One extra photo. To me it looks like may hair is receding/thinning at the temples. Not sure if that is just growing into a mature hairline or male pattern baldness. Maybe minoxidil would be worth it?

Attachments

• Image 7.jpg
    Image 7.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 273

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nah. don't waste your time, money, or mental energy worrying about it. 0% hair loss. live your life like normal!

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hope all is well. Just got a hair cut and have been trying not to worry out about my hair - thinking I am losing it. I usually pull it back a couple times a day looking for hair loss (I should stop), which has been a bit of a tick. Wondering if anyone has any comments on the updated pictures. Also, it has been a bit itchy in some spots on my scalp, but never oily, only itchy when I am touching a lot. Days when I don't - seems to be fine.

Thanks for the support.

Attachments

• Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 272
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 253

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature recession for me. NW0.5/1 Not male pattern baldness for sure. You can make your hairline back to NW0 plannet but its not worth.

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
The temple area on your one side does look like it is receding. The rest of your hair looks good.

Would try Minoxidil as it looks like you still have a lot of hair, and you are doing it just right after hair loss.

You will have more luck with Minoxidil now, then a year or two when it won't be able to do anything. Just put it
on the temples, nothing else.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would be open to trying minoxidil, however I am worried about shedding hairs around the temples and that it would lead to more hair loss. My hairline hasn't changed in the last 1-2 years.

If I do end up taking it, do you recommend any brands / % minoxidil?

Wowjpk

Reaction score
Don't take minoxidil... just pointless at your stage. It's just a hassle to put on and it could end up causing more damage than harm with shedding. If you were to take any precautions I would just recommend to take finasteride but you don't really need to do that now either. Look at it and 6 months and if it's worse than consider finasteride but I really would advise against minoxidil.

With minoxidil you're signing yourself a life-long contract for minimal results. If you stop, your hair gets worse than when you began. Finasteride you might have to take as long as you want to keep your hair, at least with that you just take a pill and go on with your day. Minoxidil is a mess

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't take minoxidil... just pointless at your stage. It's just a hassle to put on and it could end up causing more damage than harm with shedding. If you were to take any precautions I would just recommend to take finasteride but you don't really need to do that now either. Look at it and 6 months and if it's worse than consider finasteride but I really would advise against minoxidil.

With minoxidil you're signing yourself a life-long contract for minimal results. If you stop, your hair gets worse than when you began. Finasteride you might have to take as long as you want to keep your hair, at least with that you just take a pill and go on with your day. Minoxidil is a mess
minoxidil must've done some serious damage to u huh?....yea, it kinda fucked me up too...worked great in the beginning. stop using it for years, now I'm all fucked up. using now, with MINIMAL results

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for the comment and advice. I have found many mixed reviews surrounding minoxidil. I can't see myself using that for the rest of my life. Just have to monitor the hair line for the time being and stop pulling at the hair. Just seems to be a habit now. Hopefully I have some self control and haven't caused too much damage at this point - potentially small regrowth if I leave it alone. Still I think the hair loss is minimal, however I don't wan to be in denial. Recession around the temples is quite common in males in there mid twenties.

Thanks everyone for the comments and support.

Wowjpk

Reaction score
minoxidil must've done some serious damage to u huh?....yea, it kinda fucked me up too...worked great in the beginning. stop using it for years, now I'm all fucked up. using now, with MINIMAL results

No I haven't had necessarily bad results with minoxidil. Though it hasn't produced the greatest results either. The reason I would chose not to use minoxidil if I had the choice again is because it's a hassle to apply everyday.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If
No I haven't had necessarily bad results with minoxidil. Though it hasn't produced the greatest results either. The reason I would chose not to use minoxidil if I had the choice again is because it's a hassle to apply everyday.
I knew about Finasteride when I was 19/20 years old, I would've waited to try minix too

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have waited about 6 months and kept a keen eye on my hairline. Always a chronic worrier, so I have been checking and pulling at my hairline more than I should. Wanted to post some more updated pics from the past two days. Please let me know your thoughts regarding any changes or norwood assessment. Always good to have an un biased opinion.

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 200
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 205

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have waited about 6 months and kept a keen eye on my hairline. Always a chronic worrier, so I have been checking and pulling at my hairline more than I should. Wanted to post some more updated pics from the past two days. Please let me know your thoughts regarding any changes or norwood assessment. Always good to have an un biased opinion.

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks!
Chad hair. Probably best head of hair on here so far.

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
No point using minoxidil imo, it'd only shed what you've got and grow the TINY amount of hair you're missing. You'd be better off waiting for solid evidence of actual thinning and getting on finasteride. If you start taking that at first sign of hairloss you're very unlikely to see any progression of it any time soon. For the record I don't think you've got male pattern baldness, but in the event you see solid change (like take photos or have someone else confirm it because you may be paranoid) then jump on finasteride and stop worrying.

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
No point using minoxidil imo, it'd only shed what you've got and grow the TINY amount of hair you're missing. You'd be better off waiting for solid evidence of actual thinning and getting on finasteride. If you start taking that at first sign of hairloss you're very unlikely to see any progression of it any time soon. For the record I don't think you've got male pattern baldness, but in the event you see solid change (like take photos or have someone else confirm it because you may be paranoid) then jump on finasteride and stop worrying.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Always good to have an unbiased opinion. Will keep an eye on it in the meantime and not worry.

Really appreciate the support.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months not still far away imo. Go back after 1 year. Enjoy your life bla bla n sh*t.

Might be just mature recession. - even girls have their mature recession.

Good luck. Have fun.

PS. Dont read a lot threads here.
PS2. No, its not a suggestion.

NeedsAdvice

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months not still far away imo. Go back after 1 year. Enjoy your life bla bla n sh*t.

Might be just mature recession. - even girls have their mature recession.

Good luck. Have fun.

PS. Dont read a lot threads here.
PS2. No, its not a suggestion.

So you think I should wait a year to see if it changes? Also, still a norwood .5/1? I feel like there has been some recession, but maybe not a lot.