Looking for the best natural product to add some hold/texture to my hair..

Both Okay?

• They both look fine and wouldn't cause any hair loss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only the Natural barber Hades Matte Paste, first one looks safe

• Only the Non Gunk Matte Lava Clay, second one looks safe

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Both are not safe and could accelerate/cause hair loss

• It doesn't matter what product you use on scalp, even if it's mainstream with chemicals it wont cau

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

itsallgood2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all!,

So i haven’t used hair products in years purely due to the fact i don’t want to use a bunch of random chemicals on my scalp And i’m thinning so i don’t want anything to accelerate the hair loss or just mess up my scalp with crappy ingredients (I know if you have male pattern baldness your going bald regardless of whether you use product or not but i shouldn’t imagine they help.)

These are the two best looking ones without any funky ingredients, potentially some questionable natural ingredients though?

Is there any ingredients in any of these that could cause hair loss potentially?

Natural Barber, Hades Matte Paste

SHEA BUTTER (Butyrospermum Parkii), CORN STARCH (Zea Mays Starch), COCO-CAPRYLATE (Coco-Caprylate), KAOLIN CLAY (Kaolin), SWEET ALMOND OIL (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis), SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE (Silica Dimethyl Silylate), TRIBEHENIN (Tribehenin), VITAMIN-E (Tocopheryl)

———

No Gunk, Matte Lava Clay

Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Moroccan Lava Clay, Aqua, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, Olea Europaea Oil, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cera Alba, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol (Nourishing Fatty Alcohol), (Parfum*****), Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol.

*****not in Unscented version

Or does anyone have any suggestions of something available to the UK thats better? I don’t mind ordering it from abroad if it’s good

Thanks all!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair products don't cause hair loss...

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Frankly if your scalp is used to no chemicals that's ideal as it is because you don't depend on any products with dandruff or dermatitis. I tried to go product free for convenience and to save money and while it kinda worked I still hopped on nizoral for hair loss' sake and it made my scalp quite dependent on it so take from that what u will. If your goal is primarily an asthetic appeal I'd maybe pick up some volumizing product preferably natural. From just the two you listed I'd go with the second one since its name suggests it's less intrusive and just scrapes the scalp.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do a mix with : Castor oil + MSM + Biotine and some alcohol ( lotion or something else) and put on you scalp few times a week.
Wash your hair with the sampoo : Elseve fibrology ( really goot to thicken hair !! No joke )
Use the "American crew fiber" to style your hair ( really, really good stuff).

> Be sure to have enough Zinc, Iron, b12, b9, D3 and T3/TSH are ok.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do a mix with : Castor oil + MSM + Biotine and some alcohol ( lotion or something else) and put on you scalp few times a week.
Wash your hair with the sampoo : Elseve fibrology ( really goot to thicken hair !! No joke )
Use the "American crew fiber" to style your hair ( really, really good stuff).

> Be sure to have enough Zinc, Iron, b12, b9, D3 and T3/TSH are ok.
Love American crew.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eurgh your hair would be a greasy mess, if you're going to use castor oil take it orally. Also unless you have an extremely rare genetic disorder oral or topical biotin is going to be of no benefit.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ricinoleic acid isn't greasy and gets the job done better than castor oil

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
any source for ricinoleic acid?
I think it should be available on chemical resource sellers, never saw anyone try it other than one person so not sure how it would work out

Veyorokon

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all!,

So i haven’t used hair products in years purely due to the fact i don’t want to use a bunch of random chemicals on my scalp And i’m thinning so i don’t want anything to accelerate the hair loss or just mess up my scalp with crappy ingredients (I know if you have male pattern baldness your going bald regardless of whether you use product or not but i shouldn’t imagine they help.)

These are the two best looking ones without any funky ingredients, potentially some questionable natural ingredients though?

Is there any ingredients in any of these that could cause hair loss potentially?

Natural Barber, Hades Matte Paste

SHEA BUTTER (Butyrospermum Parkii), CORN STARCH (Zea Mays Starch), COCO-CAPRYLATE (Coco-Caprylate), KAOLIN CLAY (Kaolin), SWEET ALMOND OIL (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis), SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE (Silica Dimethyl Silylate), TRIBEHENIN (Tribehenin), VITAMIN-E (Tocopheryl)

———

No Gunk, Matte Lava Clay

Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Moroccan Lava Clay, Aqua, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, Olea Europaea Oil, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cera Alba, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol (Nourishing Fatty Alcohol), (Parfum*****), Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol.

*****not in Unscented version

Or does anyone have any suggestions of something available to the UK thats better? I don’t mind ordering it from abroad if it’s good

Thanks all!
They don't usually cause hair loss but if you're worried about chemicals you can use a natural, organic hair filling fibers like Bromane. Their density fiberd work really well to immediately increase hair density.