Looking for korean factory which sell direct

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
with the pandemic and impact on Chinese factories , i would like to buy a Korean made lace piece. Apparently, this is where the experienced workers are. The past pieces i have received from my regular supplier are below par, clearly a degradation of quality, and poor ventilation.

Any recommendations for Korean companies that seel directly online?

Feel free to pm me.

Thanks

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which Korea?

The knotting was done in North Korea, and they only did knotting, no other part of the process. And, they are closed.

I am not aware of any South Korean companies.

The Chinese factories are now making lace pieces, and I am even seeing some premade, for quality, you will need to pay, the system costs are about triple what they used to be.

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which Korea?

The knotting was done in North Korea, and they only did knotting, no other part of the process. And, they are closed.

The Chinese factories are now making lace pieces, and I am even seeing some premade, for quality, you will need to pay, the system costs are about triple what they used to be.
The "base" model price for custom units has tripled; for one particular seller, that will get you a mono base up to 6" x 8" with light density and your choice of black or brown hair. Want French lace? More $$$ Need a bigger base? $$$ Need red or blond hair??? Need a a higher density? $$$$$$$$$$$

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which Korea?

Was referring to poor knotting from China, so north Korea it is. Any factories from NK selling directly on the web? Or any company having piece knotted in NK on the web?
Thanks

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was referring to poor knotting from China, so north Korea it is. Any factories from NK selling directly on the web? Or any company having piece knotted in NK on the web?
Thanks
There are no factories in North Korea that make a system from start to finish. North Korea is completely and totally CLOSED, with nothing getting in or out.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the conclusion there is.

In time it seems to suggest that manufacturing will resume?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see MG Ford put the prices up.
Not by much, but still.
£460 for custom Indian remy human hair and £535 for custom European human hair.
And the remote cut-ins price upped too.

I will still buy one of these eventually when my donor hair is long enough for a 1 inch hair sample.

But yeah, custom hair systems are getting expensive now.

Hair4all charges £600 per custom.

Last edited:

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? The only issue is going to be the price. Don't expect them to come down, and actually, expect them to go up as companies stop eating the increased costs.

I am seeing increased output and quality of the systems from China.
Issue is Quality, availability and cost..
will take time to retrain workers to get same craftsmanship ...maybe a opportunity for industry to automate the process of weaving / ventilating hair on lace..

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Issue is Quality, availability and cost..
will take time to retrain workers to get same craftsmanship ...maybe a opportunity for industry to automate the process of weaving / ventilating hair on lace..
It depends on the factory. Some cheaper companies outsourced ALL of their knotting, some did not (knot). For those who didn't, there is an in-house talent pool of folks who can train. Those are not things that the consumer has any insight into, you take your chances depending on whom you purchase from. Just understanding the cheaper companies outsourced all of their knotting.

Noah

Reaction score
I have a sympathy for guys who are short of cash for hair, particularly with all the other disruption going on in the world at the minute. But looking at it objectively, prices were always going to go up. The price of hair systems before Covid was ridiculously low, kept so on the sweat of young East Asian girls working all hours for a pittance. What other custom-made item, involving weeks of intricate eye-straining handwork, could you get for $150? There were hair systems selling for that on-line before the pandemic; sometimes less. That is the price of lunch for 2 at a burger joint in Tokyo. It may sound like virtue-signalling, but I am OK with prices going up a bit. I just hope some of the money is going to the ladies who make our systems.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel for the workers in North Korea, I can't imagine their work environments or wages were at all what we would consider "good", but with no work, and the pandemic, it must be horrible.

I hear that they are going through quite a severe famine.

Very sad.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the sad reality of the global economy.

Yes wages for this work may be low, but as that article said it can pay far better than the alternatives in the area.

There is no ethical consumption in capitalism. You can try your best and shouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good.. But yes it's impossible.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the sad reality of the global economy.

Yes wages for this work may be low, but as that article said it can pay far better than the alternatives in the area.

There is no ethical consumption in capitalism. You can try your best and shouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good.. But yes it's impossible.
We have yet to come up with a system that is "fair". There is no ethical consumption in any system, and that's probably human nature. Communism has failed, the Utopias have all disappeared, and most of the KIbbutzim in Israel have all gone private.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am concerned about the quality of future hairpieces if knotting is to be done in China in the long term. This has been an issue with Chinese manufacture across multiple industries IME.
I agree that the pieces were underpriced to begin with and would gladly pay more towards a fairer wage for the manufacturers. Nevertheless, I hope the labor will be outsourced to someone with better QC.
Some quality issues are not immediately obvious, and the investment of time and money needed to source and style multiple units in order to obtain one useable piece over the ladt 18 months has been draining.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am concerned about the quality of future hairpieces if knotting is to be done in China in the long term. This has been an issue with Chinese manufacture across multiple industries IME.
I agree that the pieces were underpriced to begin with and would gladly pay more towards a fairer wage for the manufacturers. Nevertheless, I hope the labor will be outsourced to someone with better QC.
Some quality issues are not immediately obvious, and the investment of time and money needed to source and style multiple units in order to obtain one useable piece over the ladt 18 months has been draining.
I can tell you that from where I sit, the quality is improving, and will continue to do so as the Chinese companies add more workers. I don't see them outsourcing to anywhere else in the near future since there were special trade agreements with North Korea.