Looking for Help with Prox-N by Dr. Proctor

Jacob

Reaction score
Nooooooo.."growth factor" products. In other words- DermaHeal or the Regeron I'm currently using. Here's a response from them posted in another forum:

We are reading the discussion at the message board are very concerned about the intention to use our system together with DermaHeal. Both the means have biological activity and the effect of their mutial application is not studied. We do not recommend to apply any active ingredients earlier than 2 weeks after the end of the application of the first product from our set. It is also not recommended to prolong the application of the first product longer than 4 days. The second product is designed so that it does not cause any strong biological activity itself but it supports the effect of the first product. We recommend to follow our instructions in application of both the products and only after receiving the first positive results, modify or supply it with other products according to one's personal needs.

But do post what response you get..as they may touch on other things one should avoid or delay using.

Mattew

Reaction score
Well here is their answer. It seems a bit "standardised" and not expanded at all but here it is:

The EVENSWISS Hair Protection System Serum contains as main active ingredient Dermatopoietin®. Since this is a natural protein, which is present in skin anyhow, there is no risk of combining the Serum with any other safe treatment for hair regrowth.

Now i copied that post u pasted here and let's see what they say...

With "growth factor" product u mean products with ingredients that create the conditions for hair growth but dont actually do the growth?
Then u mean that a specific regrowth product can be used with derma?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Jacob, important to know this. That question of yours about combining with other growth factor products was for possible interaction that could ruin hair growth effects or for safety issues such as skin inflammation or similar stuff?

Mattew

Reaction score
And with grow factors u dont mean regrowth products? sorry but i dont get it...what would be a regrowth one then?

I asked them about combining derma with products such as tricomin, CoQ10 or regeron and lets see what they say...

Btw Jacob keep us updated about the regeron one...maybe u made a thread already on that?

Jacob

Reaction score
Actual growth factors in the products. Such as DermaHeal. Regeron is another one. Those can be considered "regrowth products" as well. That's just a term used to describe a product that could actually promote the regrowth of hair rather than just being a dht killer or something. But it's the "growth factor" products they suggested you at least not use at the same time as Derma.

I know their 2nd product that they no longer carry contained CoQ10..so that shouldn't be a problem. Tricomin should be ok too. Just use it at another time of the day.

Mattew

Reaction score
Thatìs their answer:

Among the products mentioned by you some could certainly be combined with EVENSWISS Hair Serum (e.g. CoQ10), others are difficult to evaluate (e.g. Tricomin, Nanoxidil), and a third group should definitively not be combined with EVENSWISS (e.g. Clairesome-GY-C from Regeneron). In the absence of distinct interaction studies we therefore strongly recommend that in general leave-on products for hair re-growth should not be combined with our EVENSWISS Hair Serum. When using them consecutively a wash-out period of at least one week should be observed.

So how am i suppossed to use a leave on product (that generally has to be used daily) since they say that a wash-out period of 1 week should be observed???

Jacob

Reaction score
Well you could just ignore them and take a gamble :hmmm:

I think other companies would have a hard time saying for sure you can use this or that with their product as well. Most would just say they can't comment on it's use with _______ etc.

Mattew

Reaction score
Basically they answered the same thing again but more articulated:

1 Concerning the risk of interaction there is in principle no difference between an anti-hair loss or hair regrowth product if they have both a distinct effect on the hair follicle. Such products can be peptides, growth factors, enzyme inhibitors or other active ingredients with a pharmacological mechanism of action.
2 To minimize the risk of adverse interactions I recommend to avoid concomitant administration of two leave-on cosmeceutical hair growth or anti-hair loss products. It depends on the specific products and your phantasy how to achieve this. Use one product for a time period of your decision. Before switching to another product wait at least one week so that the two products do not ‘overlap’. Apply each product according to its specific use instructions.

I wonder if making a product that cant be used with regrowth products can be a wise thing...is it? Im being kinda sarcastic here...

About CoQ10, sorry if i ask but is it an actual regrowth product or a "growth factor" one? Its more aimed to anti hair-loss than regrowth or am i wrong?

Mattew

Reaction score
its ironic u just copied those ingredients coz this is their last answer:

CoQ10 is an vitamin-like substance that plays an important role in mitochondria of all cells. It acts non-specifically also as an antioxidant and may reduce photo-aging. I am sure that it has no adverse interaction with Dermatopoietin. But one must be cautious with all compounds that have specific effects like growth factors, cytokines or enzyme inhibitors.

Now i have asked them (once again coz they didn answer before) what are practically those "risks" they talk about when combining derma with such compunds...lets see what they say...its gettin endless here lol

Mattew

Reaction score
Well its been 3 and a half months since i started using derma. I'm still sheddin though :(
I don't think that this is part of some cycle of regrowth or somethin like that...or could it be?

I tried to order the mibelle Nano lipobelle dnCoQ10 but the dealer in italy is not collaborating and made me lose a lot of time.

The thing i dont get is that they say derma reduces hair shedding, but Jacob told me that its not an anti-dht...
Well then id like to know what it is...so that i can figure out if i need a proper dht or not to stop hair shedding. Any suggestions?

Im very tempted to give a try to Tricomin. Though i dont get why it doesnt get a ban from Derma makers like products such as regeron or dermaheal...is it a growth stimulant so why its different?
Lets say i order tricomin. Shud i add an antiandrogen or a dht to my regimen then (along with derma)?

Mattew

Reaction score
I just got an answer from a guy workin in Evenswiss (derma company). I told him that my shed didn stop or reduced significantly and he said somethin that i couldnt believe:
Dermatopoietin is most effective in case of stress-induced hair loss. If the cause is genetic it is usually very difficult to make a difference.

Well...nice! so when u read in the description "reduces hair loss" u should automatically read between the lines somethin like "during period of stress"??? misleading is the right word here.
Maybe it worked out well for Jacob because he was using some other products...

Im kinda lost here lol

Jacob

Reaction score
Mattew- respond to them like you did here, see what they say. I know they didn't make much if any "regrowth" claims- because of the FDA I'm guessing.

I thought you were using at least one other thing as well?

Mattew

Reaction score
I did and they said:
Thanks for your feedback. I said that the product works best for stress-induced hair loss. But we have many positive reports also from other cases but they are less consistent.

No i just used derma for the last 3 months. I tried to order The mibelle CoQ10 product but the dealer here just sell to companies and is not givin me any info about other dealer who buys from them...
Do u know other companies who have similar products with CoQ10?

The thing that i dont get is in what "category" Derma fits...anti DHT? Anti-androgens?

Mattew

Reaction score
Meanwhile i discovered that Tricomin is not available in Europe at the moment. Thers some issue about labeling from July 2013 and Tricomin hasnt fixed it yet... :roll: it'll be available from 2015 :(