Looking For Hair Loss Guidance - New Member

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

Well this is my first post, never thought I'd be on a forum looking for advice but here I am. I'm a 33M who has experienced very thinning top of my hair within the last 6-8 months. At this point I am concerned that the entire top will be bald in the next year so I am looking for feedback from experts on what to do.
Does it help if I post a picture?

My situation: Was lifting weights and got up to 210 lbs over 5 years. I'm probably close to 160-175 lb naturally. Due to acne issues with cysts, I took a break for awhile and cleared all that up. The next year led to decreased libido and a loss of about 40 lbs (210 lbs to 170 lbs). I am not sure if this is tied to aging directly but this is when things seemed to start. Acne cleared up but these other issues occurred.

1.) Tried Bioten supplements - did not seem to do much
2.) Recently got a physical - blood work everything looks great doctor said. Could not justify why hair is thinning so bad but was interested in the weight loss so rapidly. My thought is i am just not eating enough and returning to a more natural weight without muscle. Am supposed to have follow up testosterone test ran but have not done that yet.

I also have some minor scalp psorarsis and dry skin it seems. Would anyone recommend any next steps I should try? I've been using Tea Tree oil and in the past had used T-gel to assist with psoriasis.

Really appreciate all your help on this matter.

Thanks!
Jason

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
no one will reply if you don't post pictures. we need legit evidence.

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture for reference...am I doomed at this point lol oh man

Attachments

• 20180228_202012.jpg
    20180228_202012.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 524

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Seeker. What are the big 3? Is there really a doctor that can help? My GP said to just deal with it :-(

Also are there any supplements you'd suggest?

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Seeker. What are the big 3? Is there really a doctor that can help? My GP said to just deal with it :-(

Also are there any supplements you'd suggest?
Big 3 is the holy grail in the arsenal that should be used against hairloss. Infact,it's the only thing that's proven to affect it. Rest everything is a bunch of hogwash. Minoxidil,finasteride and nizoral shampoo constitute the big 3. Minoxidil is a topical vasodilator that is used to regrow hair that has miniaturized. Finasteride is an oral medicine that's used to partially halt the process that leads to hairloss. Nizoral shampoo is an ancillary which is used for general health of the scalp. Minoxidil comes in various concentrations and so does nizoral shampoo. @AnxiousAndy ,wanna help??

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @peterso2 . You seem pretty far gone, but with the right treatments and a little luck I think you could recover a modest amount of hair and then get a hair transplant ( if you got the $$$) to achieve a relatively full head of hair. First off if you are serious about this you have to jump in at the deep end, and that can bring potentially a few sexual side effects like, decreased libido, possible errctile dysfunction and maybe even some mild gyno. If that doesn't scare you then that's the right mentality to have, not everybody gets them and they disappear unpon stopping the treatment. You want to get on dutasteride which is a stronger drug than finasteride, it blocks 90%+ of DHT which is a big player in male pattern baldness. Secondly you want to add in minoxidil ( seeker described above ) its a topical you apply as a foam or liquid to the top of your head. It can be a pain to apply which is why I personally use oral minoxidil. Use of a dermaroller ( google it ) at 1.5mm. I would use these two drugs for at least 6 months. If you don't notice any regrowth I would add in oral spironolactone at 100mg - 200mg. Its an anti androgen and can cause minor gyno and moderate impotence, but it can have amazing results for your hair. Honestly man there is a lot of other treatments out there that can help, but that's my initial recommendation. Good luck :)

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Andy - any idea where I should be buying all these items? Amazon or a local pharmacy? Also, would it be worth it to talk to a dermatologist about these issues I'm having? Unfortunately I waited until pretty late, but this is thinning rapidly, better now before its completely gone. Need to start doing something soon...ugh.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Andy - any idea where I should be buying all these items? Amazon or a local pharmacy? Also, would it be worth it to talk to a dermatologist about these issues I'm having? Unfortunately I waited until pretty late, but this is thinning rapidly, better now before its completely gone. Need to start doing something soon...ugh.

You need to see a dermatologist for finasteride prescription. Minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo (such as Nizoral) can be bought from Amazon and are cheap. Get them as soon as possible all them 3 and let's see where you are in year's time ! Then consider a hair transplant.

Rajiv Kumar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry man i saw your picture. But i would recommend that you should consult with your family doctor, no matter you are planning for a hair transplant surgery or not, just consult it and maybe you will find some organic ways to regrow your hair. My cousin had a similar type of situation not exactly the same and now she has improved a lot.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Rajiv and others. I went last Friday to get my testerone checked and should have results soon. All other bloodwork showed no issues with anything and my doctor said not really much he could do, just accept it. I've also got an appt. with a dermatologist 5-April, but thats still a ways out. I also should mention I have some mild psorarsis on my head, but thats on the sides and not on the top thats thinning the most.

So right now I'm taking Hairfluence Pills I got on Amazon and thinking about buying the items above. I'm just struggling what brands to be buying and what applications to be taking. Is there a certain order I should be taking these medications? Where should I buy them? Walmart, Amazon? Pharmacy? I am hoping my dermatologist can advise but again that won't be for 3 more weeks or so.

Rajiv Kumar

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI Peterso

You had an appointment with dermatologist? how was the appointment and what medications are you using right now?

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
They have me finasturide and kenoconzel shampoo. This was about 6 weeks ago. I hemmed and hawwed on going to fill it. Now it's even worse and quite frankly I think I'm past the stage of even trying. Need some help. I will be back in town Thursday so I can start it then maybe. I need some help! I can post another picture but I feel awful the last 3 days. I can't decide what to do. Any opinions here would help. Need to make a decision quickly

Last edited:

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not yet started the treatment, but I basically need to make a decision like this week honestly. Want me to post a pic to compare to the original one ? I feel like it's just getting so bad am I even worth trying?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not yet started the treatment, but I basically need to make a decision like this week honestly. Want me to post a pic to compare to the original one ? I feel like it's just getting so bad am I even worth trying?

Hey man. I think you should go for a hairsystem instead. Google it. They look amazing

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'r pretty far gone, but it looks like you still have lots of miniaturized hair on what appears to be bald. Because of lighting in the picture, it probably does not show the lighter miniaturized hair clearly and makes it seem worse(even though you're a norwood 6 ish). I would try the big 3. Those hair looks like you might be able to strengthen and you can think of a transplant down the line if it stabilizes.

peterso2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, 1 week in on the propecia so far and we will see. Basically going to give it 1 year to see what it does with the Nizoral shampoo. Also thinking of just cutting it down signifantly so its not as obvious, is there a buzz cut that might work or do i need to shave it? The top and front are basically gone with hair but plenty on the sides and back.

Also - its so funny reading these comments about people losing the hair. I think my biggest shock is not that its gone but that it went so fast (like less than 2 years) so I'm just trying to readjust. The fact that its gone isn't the end of the world but rather how i portray a new look. I look around and theres lots of people with little hair and honestly its not that big of a deal. The one thing that does suck is I am sweating up a storm in the summer now with nothing on top.