Looking For Dr. Lee's Xandrox Or Its Follow-up Minoxidil Solutions

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it's definitely not the same as Dr. Lee's formulations. I've even had pharmacies custom compound some minoxidil topicals and even those aren't as good as his products.
Is Dr. Lee still alive?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Lee’s Xandrox was the magic potion for hair loss. I miss it. I use 15% minoxidil from minoxidilmax now, almost done with my first bottle.

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though you are early on in your treatment cycle, how are you finding this specific formulation from MinoxidilMax? I read a lot of testimonials from the company's website but only very few posts about it available to read on this forum.

Dr Lee’s Xandrox was the magic potion for hair loss. I miss it. I use 15% minoxidil from minoxidilmax now, almost done with my first bottle.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though you are early on in your treatment cycle, how are you finding this specific formulation from MinoxidilMax? I read a lot of testimonials from the company's website but only very few posts about it available to read on this forum.

Like you said, too early to tell. Finishing up on one bottle. I bought the no pg version of it, so no itch. I can’t say anything else about it as far as results go.

AleV

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is Mmax still on the market?

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried getting a free sample of essegen 6 but have yet to get a reply..

Mmax May be your best bet for a dr lee replacement

Kirkland13

My Regimen
Reaction score
For whatever's it worth- Dr. Lee's methods and formulations are well documented & detailed. They can be found if one Google's his patent application "US20050163811A". If one takes the time to read it, it's all pretty much in there. There wasn't anything particularly magical or special about the ingredients in his products. Arguably, his most important contribution was figuring out the optimal solution formula, temperature, ph levels, etc. for making a highly concentrated minoxidil solution (greater than 5%) without compromising the minoxidil's efficacy and solubility in alcohol & water. This isn't really just my personal opinion. It's all in his patent application if one takes the time to read it. Side note: I suspect that big Pharma could easily replicate what Dr. Lee produced, but simply don't wanna go there with the potential cardiac side-effects presented by higher doses of minoxidil. That is just my opinion though...

Without naming specific names, there's a small number of online sellers offering similar products to what Dr. Lee sold. Although they may differ in certain ways to Dr. Lee's solutions, I can't imagine them being all that different considering the relatively low complexity of producing these minoxidil solutions. Somewhat ironically, I suspect that your typical compounding pharmacy probably doesn't have much experience with minoxidil solutions hence why people get subpar topicals and the mythology of Dr. Lee's formulas, no longer available, continue to grow in forums like these.

So at least in the U.S., the bad news is that because of the stringent FDA regulations, topical alternatives to what Dr. Lee produced are pretty much non-existent. However, the good news is that if one has the patience and time, topicals like Dr. Lee's can easily be recreated. All of the ingredients are readily available and quite cheap to purchase.

E-nC

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the thing though, even though the ingredients weren't particularly different, not one other manufacturer has been able to reproduce it in a way that comes close to the effectiveness of Dr. Lee's original Xandrox. The patent is there, the ingredients are there, but it's as if one or more key aspects are missing. The consistency of his Xandrox 15 products was thicker than that of the current available ones. As for my own experience; Xandrox 15 (without finasteride) alone was able to halt my aggressive hair loss that was going on for years, and grow back a full head of thick dark hair in a matter of months. It was surreal, and I guess the closest to magic you could come when it comes to hair growth products :)

What Norwood were you before Xandrox and after?

E-nC

My Regimen
Reaction score
From about NW4 with very thin light hair to a thick dark haired NW2. And it would only have gotten better if Xandrox didn't suddenly get pulled from the market. I would kill for it to be available again.

Sounds like minoxidil on steroids. Is there anything out there close to it or half as good?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to cycle Dr Lees formula 10% for a week then 15% the week after it worked like magic although it did give me palpitations.

Virtual_Me01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking on their website, it appears they no longer sell minoxidil? Just a shampoo?

Virtual_Me01

My Regimen
Reaction score
How good is minoxidilmax 15 percent minoxidil?
I'm using the 10% now. Wasn't aware of the history of the company and concerns of illegitimacy. They're Canada based. Impossible for me to say if it is working after just 5 wks. I was on a lipogane 5% previously, but had kind of given up using it as the application process was too time consuming for simply holding onto what I have. Was hoping 10% might give better results.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Xandrox was great not cause the high % minoxidil , not cause the Azelaic acid. It was great for simple two main drugs that nobody mention :
Tretinoin
17-valerate hydrocortisone

But, however, most people still think that it was great cause some magical secret like the coca-cola formula.

Virtual_Me01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Xandrox was great not cause the high % minoxidil , not cause the Azelaic acid. It was great for simple two main drugs that nobody mention :
Tretinoin
17-valerate hydrocortisone

But, however, most people still think that it was great cause some magical secret like the coca-cola formula.
And what about whatever is being sold on their website now? Trying to determine if I am using stuff w/good science and what they are advertising. https://www.xandrox.com/10-minoxidil-azelaic-acid-solution/