Looking For Advice On Toppik Color Match

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think I'm going to order some toppik to try out in my forelock/hairline. Which do you think would better suit my hair, light blonde or medium blonde?

There are pics of my hair here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/kjs-story.99955/

Also, I remember reading on another thread a while ago that the spray applicator is recommended for most efficient application. Is it worth buying?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say light blonde for you, but that's just my opinion. Your hair looks really light in your pics.

I don't use the spray applicator but I've been contemplating buying one. Was actually going to get one yesterday when I bought more but the store didn't have it.

I end up wasting a lot because I only use it on my forelock and hairline so
I end up getting a ton on my forehead and have to wipe it all off.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say light blonde for you, but that's just my opinion. Your hair looks really light in your pics.

I don't use the spray applicator but I've been contemplating buying one. Was actually going to get one yesterday when I bought more but the store didn't have it.

I end up wasting a lot because I only use it on my forelock and hairline so
I end up getting a ton on my forehead and have to wipe it all off.

I ordered the light blonde and spray applicator this morning

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Best of luck! Let me know how the spray applicator works. Real curious.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, it's looking like light blonde was probably not the right choice. It seems to look alright spread throughout the strands, but my scalp underneath where I applied it is BRIGHT FLORESCENT GREEN. lol. Today is looking like a hat kind of day.

Now I need to decide if I should order the medium blonde and give it a try, or just chalk the toppik experiment up as a failure

Honestly my forelock does look thicker, but this green scalp thing is some serious freak show sh*t

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I will give the toppik one more try tomorrow. I spent too much money on it to give up after one try.

If I'm able to get it just in the strands so none ends up directly on my scalp, it may look alright. But this green scalp sh*t....no. I can't go out in public like that.

If my scalp turns green again tomorrow, I may just decide concealers are not for me right now. There is the option of trying a different color match, but then it comes down to spending 20 more bucks for possibly more of the same. We will see

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? That's messed up. Are you sure it's real toppik? Where did you order it from. i would say try another kind, the stuff works well for me. But then again I'm using a whole different colour and I'm not much of a diffuser at this point (knock on wood).

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never ended up using it again after the first time. I haven't really been motivated to try it out again, mostly because I've been feeling like my combover is enough to hide my balding at the moment without adding concealers into the mix.

Idk. Maybe I'll give it another run one of these days if I feel like it.