Long Term User But Tide Is Turning. Need Advice

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I think your hair still looks fantastic nonetheless. I hope that I can maintain with treatments like you have for that long.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
4 days in..

-Itch dramatically reduced
-no sides still. Dick works fine if not better lol
-hairfall seems to have stopped

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One month back on min and finasteride (replaced for dutasteride bearly two weeks ago) and things are looking positive.

Itch is gone.

Small hairs around hairline

No sides.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice hair :)

Please keep us pdated with your progress, because my story is VERY similiar to yours. I have used finasteride and well maintained my hair since 2006, but I got lazy since about a year and when I realized what was going and started getting serious with treatments again (Big 3) everything seemt become worse. I started shedding like crazy and the itching and tingling is worse then ever and my biggest worry at this point is that the finasteride first time I used finasteride the tingling was gone almost immediately......

Your story really makes me consider dutasteride, but I have read too many stories of people who started losing ground when they started playing around with various dosages and treatments!!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
nice , you didnt get puffy nipples from dutasteride ? Do you use liquid minoxidil or foam ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and you said that despite shedding a lot of hair during all those years you remain Norwood 1? . that is awesome new for me who also shed some hair on fina .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
And when you're hair was at their best , when you wer 27-28,5 , you also just used such a few amount of minoxidil ?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive never seen a shed on minoxidil really. No worse than the usual male pattern baldness fall.

Always only used it on temples. Didnt see point of using it on vertex as i was happy enough to let anti androgens thicken that. Plus btl lasts me ages. One btl probably lasts me 4months lol

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was scared to start dutasteride but was forced to as finasteride wasnt working anymore. Thankfully it seems to be working!

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Month on dutasteride now and have to say its going great. The only side i can maybe say is increased libido! No complaints here haha. Morning wood is back in a big way.

Itch is all bit gone and hair feels thicker even after month (maybe imagination). Hairfall all but gone. Dont think theres regrowth but my temples look almost a bit 'darker' and im hoping this is hair to come in. Hair though generally feels thicker. Its early days but im enjoying dutasteride and im hoping its working. It definately
Has imprived things generally. Just to get rid of itch is amazing. It was ruining my life!! Here are some pics.

Hairline

View attachment 43852

Left temple

View attachment 43853

Hair styled and as ppl see it!

View attachment 43854

Crown.. seems to be no problems here

View attachment 43855

Kind of off topic but what product do you use to style your hair? It plays down the slight recession in the hairline very well

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you're Yoda. YODA. Seriously man, yoda is cool. Who needs to style there hair,
when you can fight people with a light saber?

Think about ..

But can you imagine yoda with thick flowing locks? Even Samuel Jackson would envy me