Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just take dutasteride everyday, hair > saving 5 bucks a month

5 bucks ? You pay 5 dollars for 30 pills Dutasteride ?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 bucks ? You pay 5 dollars for 30 pills Dutasteride ?
I pay 15 bucks per month (for 30 tablets) for my prescription bro. lol I think I'm the only person in my school who got finasteride and dutasteride prescribed at 16.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I pay 15 bucks per month for my prescription bro. lol I think I'm the only person in my school who got finasteride and dutasteride prescribed at 16.

Ok. Yeah that's not common.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should take your own advice. The half life of a single dose of .5 mg dutasteride is not the same as .5 mg at steady state levels.

I don’t think that is right man. Avodart follows first order kinetics like most drugs out there. Half life will be independent of concentration, unlike something like phenytoin or aspirin which follow zero order kinetics

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think that is right man. Avodart follows first order kinetics like most drugs out there. Half life will be independent of concentration, unlike something like phenytoin or aspirin which follow zero order kinetics

Think again.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10073740

RESULTS:
The time course of GI198745 serum concentrations indicated concentration dependent elimination, with the apparent half-life increasing with dose. Data were best described by a two-compartment model with first order absorption and parallel linear and nonlinear elimination pathways. Drug absorption was rapid, and was followed by a short distribution phase. A high volume of distribution (511 l) and a low linear clearance (0.58 l h(-1)) combined to give a half-life of up to 5 (1-7) weeks at high concentrations. As concentrations declined towards Km (0.96 ng ml(-1)), the proportion eliminated by the relatively rapid saturable elimination pathway, with a maximum clearance of 6.2 l h(-1), increased and the half-life reduced to about 3 days. The estimated inter individual variability for the linear clearance was high (CV = 70%).

CONCLUSIONS:
G1198745 pharmacokinetics are well described by a pharmacokinetic model with parallel linear and nonlinear elimination. Simulations using this model show that at daily doses of 0.1 mg the steady state drug concentrations, and the rate at which these are achieved, are mainly influenced by the nonlinear pathway, while at daily doses above 1 mg they are almost entirely influenced by the linear pathway.

This forum has so much misinformation that gets mindlessly regurgitated it's not even really worth bothering with.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anything all of your posts in this thread are off topic. Take your garbage elsewhere.

Its off topic.... the study is about Dutasteride + Finateride. Not relevant here.

This is from the OP.

I have been using finasteride but not very effective, i m thinking of adding dutasteride to boost the effect...anyone tried this route before?

Last edited:

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sad to say that @hemingway_the_mercenary is right, at least this time :p . And if Dutateride once or twice a week can reduce DHT level up to 90% (still hard to believe) but its only the serum DHT (blood). Not the same within the tissues. That's why doses like 2-2,5mg/day Dutateride are a lot effective, even if the DHT serum is almost equally reduced.

He's not.

See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10073740
RESULTS:
The time course of GI198745 serum concentrations indicated concentration dependent elimination, with the apparent half-life increasing with dose. Data were best described by a two-compartment model with first order absorption and parallel linear and nonlinear elimination pathways. Drug absorption was rapid, and was followed by a short distribution phase. A high volume of distribution (511 l) and a low linear clearance (0.58 l h(-1)) combined to give a half-life of up to 5 (1-7) weeks at high concentrations. As concentrations declined towards Km (0.96 ng ml(-1)), the proportion eliminated by the relatively rapid saturable elimination pathway, with a maximum clearance of 6.2 l h(-1), increased and the half-life reduced to about 3 days. The estimated inter individual variability for the linear clearance was high (CV = 70%).

CONCLUSIONS:
G1198745 pharmacokinetics are well described by a pharmacokinetic model with parallel linear and nonlinear elimination. Simulations using this model show that at daily doses of 0.1 mg the steady state drug concentrations, and the rate at which these are achieved, are mainly influenced by the nonlinear pathway, while at daily doses above 1 mg they are almost entirely influenced by the linear pathway.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anything all of your posts in this thread are off topic. Take your garbage elsewhere.

This is from the OP.

Very nicely said. But you're right I missed that part, he want to use Finateride + Dutateride. My bad.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was told the terminal elimination half-life of dutasteride is approximately 5 weeks at steady state...then i wonder why it needs to be administrator per day rather than per week or even later.

I have been using finasteride but not very effective, i m thinking of adding dutasteride to boost the effect...anyone tried this route before?

When you say finasteride has not been very effective, do you mean you're still losing hair?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it works by building up very high systemic levels. finasteride mg per mg is stronger than dutasteride if they had the same half life

Does finasteride build up in a similar way? I heard Spencer Kobren mention a finasteride "build up" on his show but he didn't explain.