Lizzad's Hair Loss/Growth Diary!

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your right Gunner, i should have taken some webcam pics back when i started my propecia, however, if i hadn't seen any improvement it would have been very depressing to be made so aware of it.

Suffice to say, i have seen noticable improvement in the frontal/temporal regions, that horse-shoe pattern seems to have disappeared, however, there is plenty of room for improvement.

Maybe i'll post some pics soon so i can compare to how my hair looks in 3 months time...

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's now 4 months since i added minoxidil to my regimen, and i've been on finasteride nearly 7 months.

My progress is is very good indeed, i've seen consistent improvement in my hairline & temples for the last 2 months, and it's really difficuly to tell that i have any hairloss issues right now. The hair recently grown is pigmented, its the same colour as the rest, however, it is a little finer (has a downy feel to it) but hopefully it will thinken up in time...

I added some Tea Tree Oil (with Polysorbate 80) shampoo today, it was going very cheap at Holland & Barrett due to thier 1/2 price sale (about $3.20 for 240ml). I will use this maybe once or twice a week between nizoral days to act as an anti-flamatory/scalp cleanser.

Last, but not least, i'm considering swapping finasteride for topical spironolactone sometime later this year, i've had no major sides, but i feel the lions share of my progress has been due to the 5% minoxidil, and i would like to see how things develop without the finast (i can always go back if things don't work out). Plus i have "special circumstances" surrounding my hairloss (see the start of this thread).

:hairy: