Lizzad's Hair Loss/Growth Diary!

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, i'm gonna do this to help both myself and you fellaz observe my progress over the next year or so. At this point i estimate ive been on proscar 1.25mg/d for around 10-11 weeks (bad estimate in previous post), and i think im going through some SHEDDING at the moment. I will add minoxidil as soon as it arrives i the post, should be i the next week...

From now on, my regimen will be this:

Proscar - 1mg/d (5th of a tab).
minoxidil - 2ml/d (5%), (maybe cut down to 1ml later).
Nizoral - 3 x per week (2% or 1% keta).
Multi-Vit - 1 per day.

At the moment i've invested in some Nanogen (its like Toppik) to help cover up shedding & thinning areas hopefully until my hair gets back ito shape again....

I'll keep updating every month or so to help monitor progress.. :rockon:

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok fellaz, got my Kirkland minoxidil in the post 10 mins ago, 4 x 60ml, gonna run it @ 1ml a day for 240 days & hopefully i should have some results by then! :hairy:

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Lizzad said:
Ok fellaz, got my Kirkland minoxidil in the post 10 mins ago, 4 x 60ml, gonna run it @ 1ml a day for 240 days & hopefully i should have some results by then! :hairy:

Lizzad, why aren't you going 2ml a day for minoxidil?

XL

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow male pattern baldness sufferers, i've been aeway for a while so no posting!

xzel, im going with 1ml/d as firstly i want my scalp to get used to it and secondly; i';m hoping that one application of 1-1.5ml/d will be enough to stimulate hair growth, i dont want to become totally dependant on using buckets of the stuff to maintain my hair in a years time.

Been on the minoxidil about a month, had problems with regular applications as i was away (staying with friends) and i didnt want ppl to know im using nizoral/minoxidil/fina. However, my situation is thus:

Started shedding after about 1 weeks of minoxidil use (around 3 months or so on proscar), still shedding as far as i can tell, hair loss per day is noticably greater then pre-treatment. Shedding seems to be mostly (or most noticeably) in my "problem" areas (temples & frontal-central hairline).

Most of the hairs lost seem to be non terminal hairs, fairly fine & vellous which i think is a good sign. Problem is, it looks a little worse than before and ain't good for confidence (i have 2 dates next week, fingers crossed, lol).

Probably gonna stock up on minoxidil soon. On a different note, i seem to have put on a littlr weight & my physique seems softer since using finasteride, however, i've not been in the gym for 3 weeks & have been drinking a lot of booze so that may explain it, lol. :rockon:

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Lizzad, good to have you back baby. Good minoxidil program, and save a cold one for me!!! Actually, there are a line of people standing in line...Descending, Stingray, I can go on and on... :rockon:

XL

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well hello, hello, hellloooo...

Just completed 2 months of minoxidil, gone thru 2 bottles. Been on the finasteride for about 20 weeks. Things are looking fairly good, my hairline is certainly not getting any worse & actually it seems to me to be looking better than it was when i started my regimen. :rockon:

Still early days yet, but i think my temples (right side is worse) are starting to fill in a little already, nothing major but definately a step in the right direction. Things are looking up! :hairy:

My goal is to fill in my temples & hairline by xmas time, at the moment i think this is not an unrealistic wish, but still a long way to go yet...

Thanks fellaz for your help & advice, i'll update again in a month or so, good luck with your regimens, and lets give male pattern baldness a serious *** whoopin'!!!!!! :moon:

bombscience

Reaction score
Lizzad said:
Well hello, hello, hellloooo...

Just completed 2 months of minoxidil, gone thru 2 bottles. Been on the finasteride for about 20 weeks. Things are looking fairly good, my hairline is certainly not getting any worse & actually it seems to me to be looking better than it was when i started my regimen. :rockon:

Still early days yet, but i think my temples (right side is worse) are starting to fill in a little already, nothing major but definately a step in the right direction. Things are looking up! :hairy:

My goal is to fill in my temples & hairline by xmas time, at the moment i think this is not an unrealistic wish, but still a long way to go yet...

Thanks fellaz for your help & advice, i'll update again in a month or so, good luck with your regimens, and lets give male pattern baldness a serious *** whoopin'!!!!!! :moon:

Do you notice less hair lost in the shower and when you run your hands through your hair? Are the hairs that you still loose looking healthy?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you notice less hair lost in the shower and when you run your hands through your hair? Are the hairs that you still loose looking healthy?

I'm shedding hairs of all descriptions, some look healthy, some are vellous. If anything i'm noticing more lost hairs, yet my hair is looking better, maybe i'm just paying more attention to my hair since i started my regimen.

It's difficult to tell with my hair as it is naturally lighter at the front than the back (was blonde as a child), its mid brown colour, but not all my blondish hairs as necessarily vellous.

G

since i was neva shedding to begin with you think the minoxidil will cause me to shed?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
since i was neva shedding to begin with you think the minoxidil will cause me to shed?

Dude, we all shed, this is when hair has finished it's growth phase then falls out to be replced by a new hair. minoxidil will probably cause a synchronised shed sometime within the first 2 months of using it, it may last 2-4 weeks normally, but in some cases longer...it is generally considered as a good sign. Shedded hair should grow back in around 100 days. :rockon:

G

WHEN YOU THINK THEY WILL HAVE A CURE FOR BALDNESS? i think its kinda messed up they can make robots that clean your house, and a pill that makes your dick grow, but they cant make something to grow hair. i think its a conspiracy.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
DeD PreZ said:
WHEN YOU THINK THEY WILL HAVE A CURE FOR BALDNESS? i think its kinda messed up they can make robots that clean your house, and a pill that makes your dick grow, but they cant make something to grow hair. i think its a conspiracy.
This is genius, are you a scholar? What robots and what pills are you referring to that are any more effective in their respective areas than finasteride and minoxidil are in the fight against hairloss?

jerry grant

G

i dunno but since i started taking ''DICK GROW 9000'' my penis has grown a respectable 4 inches, i cant even wear shorts anymore without the one eyed snake poppin out the bottom. and as far as the robot goes, how you think my house got so clean? now riogain and propecia hmmmmmmmmm judging by the people on this site id say your better off taking sugar pills.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
DeD - you took DG9000? I took it and mine shrank. I no longer have to fold it before I tuck it into my sock.

-jg

G

see thats why you dont get greedy and skip to the generic brand.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dunno but since i started taking ''DICK GROW 9000'' my penis has grown a respectable 4 inches

So your dick is now 6 long inches right? LOL :laugh:

This is my hairloss dairy, not your weener diary, take a hike :moon:

G

6 inches pfft! i wish, i meant that in total it grew to a respectable 4 inches. 6 inches! thats thinkin wit my head in the clouds.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Lizzad said:
i dunno but since i started taking ''DICK GROW 9000'' my penis has grown a respectable 4 inches

This is my hairloss dairy, not your weener diary, take a hike :moon:

:laugh:

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well it's been 3 month on Minoxidil now & things are coming on very well. Temples still seem to be filling in (slowly but surely), i'm very pleased with my progress at this point.

My hair looks a hell of a lot better than it did 3 months ago, before i added the minoxidil to my regimen...still quite a way to go yet mind u, but i can't wait to see my progress at the 6 months minoxidil stage!

Keep fighting the good fight guys! :rockon:

G

Why don't you post some pictures here?

That's where alot of people go wrong. They think they are giving people an accurate view of their situation, yet they can't provide pictures to back things up.