Living alone because of male pattern baldness

ReneeL

Reaction score
I know what you mean about total devastation and can understand why you'd want to stay at home. Hopefully, you still do things that are fun and interesting to you. I'd hate to see you missing out on the fun stuff. Life is too short. I believe there is someone out there for everyone. I found my guy who accepts me for who I am (always has). If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone! :)
Good luck, FBB.
R

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
have u tried shaving ur head? if so how did this affect ur confidence? maybe u should try it..wouldnt it make people perceive u as more "normal"?

best of luck.

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
formerbeachblonde said:
My parents wonder why I am single,still smoke and don't date.I can't be me! dam it. It sucks.I could think of a thousand other ways to describe it but nothing captures the spirit quite like that word.
I don't swim,play softball,run,go in publis without a hat,go to church,have kids or a wife.Thats right.If I had my beech blonde star like looks again,boy,that would be living.Oh yeah,I just love the way peoples eyes just roll up to your hair with a "unit".It feels like a violation.That to me is like staring at someone for missing a limb on their body.It's rude and a violation of commaon courtesey.Basically,my life sucks,because of this dreaded,useless,life zapping disease.I truely hope one day I bump into just one woman who is going through what I am.Then we can get om my huge touring motocycle and drive from coast to coast and laiugh aboit it.I am glad to have found this site.I hope people find comfort and solutions.Personally,for those old enough to remember "Quincey".Well that was the best unit I have ever seen.I need to find Klugman's hair guy.Bye for now.Sorry to bring you down. :-x

Formerbeachblonde. Have you thought about therapy? :freaked2:

Stingray

Reaction score
male pattern baldness is only as bad as YOU make it. 9 out of 10 girls probably don't give a sh*t if you don't also. If I can't stop it, I'm getting a piece.. and I'll be fully open about it too. "You wear makeup to cover up those blemishes and other inequities... I use fake hair." Where's the difference?

There isn't any.

G

formerbeachblonde said:
I am convinced I was not suppose to be bald.I will never be seen without the "system on"and 20 years after starting to go to HRS,I still am shocked, dissbelief and anger when I see myself without it.Even with the system it is very hard to fool anyone.My life is one of hats,constant awareness and anxiety.speaking for me,nobody else,I don't care if I am a guy and should deal with it.It is DEVISTATING.Even though it started my junior year in H.S in 1981.It is as if it happened overnight.
My parents wonder why I am single,still smoke and don't date.I can't be me! dam it. It sucks.I could think of a thousand other ways to describe it but nothing captures the spirit quite like that word.
I don't swim,play softball,run,go in publis without a hat,go to church,have kids or a wife.Thats right.If I had my beech blonde star like looks again,boy,that would be living.Oh yeah,I just love the way peoples eyes just roll up to your hair with a "unit".It feels like a violation.That to me is like staring at someone for missing a limb on their body.It's rude and a violation of commaon courtesey.Basically,my life sucks,because of this dreaded,useless,life zapping disease.I truely hope one day I bump into just one woman who is going through what I am.Then we can get om my huge touring motocycle and drive from coast to coast and laiugh aboit it.I am glad to have found this site.I hope people find comfort and solutions.Personally,for those old enough to remember "Quincey".Well that was the best unit I have ever seen.I need to find Klugman's hair guy.Bye for now.Sorry to bring you down. :-x

You need to get a grip on yourself. Your life is going down the toilet. Get a good therapist, a good hobby and a fast motorcycle.

If you need to, shave your head and workout. sh*t, IT IS ONLY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

You are right on formerbeachblonde.

When I was about 20 and first starting balding, a college professor said "Going bald changes your life for ever. The younger you are the greater the change, and not for the better either."

He was bald and he was right!

So going bald sucks. Now you get to choose: Is the glass half full or half empty.

Work with what you have to make your life better or worse. You only get one shot at life and it's your choice how you will play the cards your were dealt.

I was depressed for years about my balding. Now I take prozaic and I am happy and having a better life.

Good luck.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
heb, that's probably the best information you could have gotten out of college. it sucks, it's true. however, it's only as bad as you make it. i'm 25 and going bald. i'm sure people notice the huge thin area on top of my head, and when it gets very bad, i'm going to shave my head and grow a little facial hair. to be honest, i know i'm cool as fu*k with or without hair. i might work on my body a little more, and yeah, maybe i will save up for a body/scalp fue or fit procedure (or hopefully hc), but i'll be damned if i ever let male pattern baldness or any other physical thing ruin my life anymore. i suffered from severe depression for 7+ due to nose, and lost those wonderful years of debauchery known as late teens/early 20s. i never had a gf, didn't go out much at night, etc. well, i got a nose job about 2 months ago and i feel 100x more confident. yeah, i'm still have agressive diffuesed thining, but i refuse to lose one more day of confidence due to something like hairloss.

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bruce. It is only hair, but it took me awhile to have this view on hairloss now. I mean i am fighting it as much as I can with proven treatments, but at some point you gotta just say f*** it. I have almost dropped treatments and attempted to just accept my thinning. But I decided not just yet! I am thinning, I have no problems with my fiance over this, maintaining close friends, going out, surfing again without feeling hyper-self conscious, and just being happy. It is so much what you make of it, and I was very down a year ago, depressed and lifeless at first. But over the last year I have more than likely matured with the situation and realized life is not meant to be consistently lived like a intavert troll. Get out and smell the air, look at all the great things around us in this land of endless opportunity. This is my outlook now daily. I am just happy for the freedoms I have everyday to be the person I am striving to become. That's my coin in the bucket.

Nomad

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel you man. I'm 20. Life sucks.

It's starting to get worse. I notice it now. Other people probably don't yet, but I know in a year I am going to lose big time coverage. My only option is to work out, get big and strong, and shave the head. You should try that man. It will definitly help.

Reaction score
Living alone bacause of male pattern baldness

Well there are so many reactions to my posting it is amzing.Some were great,and hear my pain,others who simply see through their eyes and don't understand.
To the response,"get therapy",,I quote "do not judge your nieghbor until you have walked a mile in his shoes" male pattern baldness is not the same for all.Some people can look great bald,,some simply look like Kimo patients.Get my drift?
Thanks to all who replied,even the few which weren't exactly on target.
Others are on board with me and simply relize we must deal with what we were dealt with.I am dealing fine,me and my lab,bike and Rockford Files re runs are allI need.Believe it or not my girlfriend 10 years ago left me because of it,she "couldn't deal with it".
Take care my fellow Kojack's :wink:

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, I shave my head and it works like a charm. I'm 26 and I have had major thinning. It looks like ***. So I bought a $20 set of clippers and I shave my head once a week on the lowest notch. Most people can't even tell I have a hair problem when its very close. I get strange looks everywhere I go. I've been asked twice by complete strangers if I was a nazi skinhead. I'm a pretty good looking guy with a muscular build and I pull off the look nicely. I'm not bragging, but I get hit on a lot in bars even with a complete onion head. Girls ask me all the time why I shave my head, they don't even notice. I just tell them it works for me. And trust me guys I have lost a TON of hair. I encourage everyone to try it.

But I still don't want to go completely bald. Having shaved stubble on the top of your head still looks a lot better than skin. I would be happy to keep what I have but If I lose it I will get an FUT. I'm willing to spend up to $10,000 to at least have something on my head to shave. I don't care if I have to sell my pride and joy (98 mustang GT) and drive a $300 POS car, I will do whatever it takes. But I refuse to go completely bald and be engulfed by depression. Balding isn't an option.

Dude, you need to pull your sh*t together and dig yourself out of this hole your in. Save your money and get an FUT, whatever it takes.

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
Did anyone else get a PM from Formerbeachblonde telling them to drink "koolaide with some syionide" or has my ship just come in early? :p

What in the name of the little green men is "koolaide" anyway? Is it as good as a "Screaming Orgasm", FBB? Cos if so, I'll have doubles. :lol:

Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty said:
Did anyone else get a PM from Formerbeachblonde telling them to drink "koolaide with some syionide" or has my ship just come in early? :p

What in the name of the little green men is "koolaide" anyway? Is it as good as a "Screaming Orgasm", FBB? Cos if so, I'll have doubles. :lol:
No,,you are the only one!

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
Formerbeachblonde said:
No,,you are the only one!

So the date is definitely off then? Ah well, I shall survive. Somehow.

Does anyone know whether its possible to block PM's from certain users? I'm afraid I've had enough of FBB's literary efforts to last me at least until the new year.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I feel for you man. Can't say I can relate, but I feel for you.

All I can say is if you are going to stay home, maybe do something besides watch tv. Get an online degree, take up yoga, do something.

I know the wait for a hair loss cure is gonna be a long one, but I try to make monthly goals for myself while waiting for the big three to really take effect. In these next 4 months after Xmas I hope to finish beginners piano book (been a student for 6 months now), continue to learn more spanish, and get in shape at the gym. My reasoning is this: How do you want to be once a cure DOES come out.

Ever see the movie Count of Monte Christo. Sort of based on that idea- work now, while you are "imprisoned", so that when you do obtain freedom, you are ready, better off.

Hope this wasn't too lame. Good luck, my friend.

G

Re: Living alone bacause of male pattern baldness

formerbeachblonde said:
Well there are so many reactions to my posting it is amzing.Some were great,and hear my pain,others who simply see through their eyes and don't understand.
To the response,"get therapy",,I quote "do not judge your nieghbor until you have walked a mile in his shoes" male pattern baldness is not the same for all.Some people can look great bald,,some simply look like Kimo patients.Get my drift?
Thanks to all who replied,even the few which weren't exactly on target.
Others are on board with me and simply relize we must deal with what we were dealt with.I am dealing fine,me and my lab,bike and Rockford Files re runs are allI need.Believe it or not my girlfriend 10 years ago left me because of it,she "couldn't deal with it".
Take care my fellow Kojack's :wink:

The point is that you dont sound fine to most of us. You sound like you are maladjusted based on what you post.

It is feedback, like a bus coming at you. Ignore the bus at your own peril.

:hairy:

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
That's it! I've decided. I want to be Humpty Dumpty when I grow up.
You have a great acid-tongued comeback for everything and I think it's FABULOUS :D
(This post indicates that 1. I need to hone my own quick-wit skills and 2. I need to get some of my own chutzpah since I AM already a grown woman with absolutely no hope of growing up to be Humpty :?)
rock on, humpty!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lentara said:
That's it! I've decided. I want to be Humpty Dumpty when I grow up.
You have a great acid-tongued comeback for everything and I think it's FABULOUS :D
(This post indicates that 1. I need to hone my own quick-wit skills and 2. I need to get some of my own chutzpah since I AM already a grown woman with absolutely no hope of growing up to be Humpty :?)
rock on, humpty!

Or 3. you have to realize that this site isn't a competition to be the biggest b**ch.

Seriously, I don't know what provoked "Humpty" to say what was said. All I know is it is best to shrug it off. This poor guy is obviously no enjoying life right now. No use on adding additional confrontation.

Now I am pissed at myself for making a useless comment on such a useless comment.