Little bald spots

epforever22

Reaction score
:cry:
Hello everyone,
I am new to this board and I am in need of some help here. I noticed about a week ago that I have small (quarter/dime sized) bald spots all over my head. I went to the E.R. last week and they told me that it might just be a bad reaction to some hair dye that I used over 2 weeks ago. They told me to wait it out for about 2 weeks and I should start seeing new hair growth. Well, I'm still FREAKING OUT here and I don't know what to do. I'm noticing that there are more bald spots appreaing. I'm still seeing hair loss. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this or has gone through it themselves??? My hair is getting very thin and these little completely bald spots are getting harder to cover up. I don't know if I can wait another week...I am totally depressed about this situation. Can anyone help me????? PLEASE!!!!
Thanks,
EP

jdoe

Reaction score
Hey there ep,

i have this problem at least once a year - a bald spot appears usually somewhere around the back of my head and then grows hair again after a couple of months.

It's called alopecia areata - there's plenty of material on it on this site. The first thing i'd suggest doing is maybe purchasing some couvre to make the bald spots less obvious - check out http://www.couvre.com This won't actually help treat the problem but at least cover things up.

I'd suggest using Folligen Cream or Spray to treat the problem - there are several cases where this has helped check out: http://www.skinbiology.com

Well, hope this helps - i know it's a frustrating thing to go through but at least there's some stuff around these days. These are the things that have helped me.

epforever22

Reaction score
:cry:
Hello and thank you for the reply.
It's "nice" to know that someone out there knows what I'm going through. The thing I'm just worried about is...will it ever grow back? You said that yours did...I hope that's true for me.
Yes, it is VERY frustrating and upsetting. Of course, the stress isn't helping things either.
But thanks again for the post. I greatly appreciate that.
Take care.