life seems worthless

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Go on Google and type "Fredthebelgian gynecomastia.org". You'll have your answer.

Your gyno didn't look that bad. I have bigger tits. My parents always told me in my face, "dude you have woman tits". All this gyno talk made me ask my girlfriend and she also said I always had "girl breasts". Lol, I didn't even know, I always thought was just fat. I thought gyno was only feminine looking breasts, not just some puffy nipples.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure. Yours wasn't bad as in female looking tits, but it's bad enough for you to be concerned about it. I have a deformed chest (guys would call me "pigeon chest" in the locker rooms) and fat around the nipples so I don't know if it's truly gyno. I'll probably go and see a doctor about it. I've never really cared about it even though people have made comments about it over the years, especially doctors, they told me I had rickets when I was a child. I guess this is what you get from being born into communist poverty.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was chilling with my group of friends, and it was the first time the girls mentioned my buzzed head with a sort of giggle. It hurt for like a second, but then I joined in the joke and was like "Yup im going bald, IDGAF!" Which is obviously not true, I do care. And then we had fun for the next 6 hours.

My point is, the human mind likes to give so much more importance to the negative things, especially if they are directed towards you. I can say that I used to never remember compliments, but I always remember the hurtful jokes directed towards me. But now that Im trying to change my ways and stop being so sensitive, jokes dont bother me as much as they used to.

I was born with only one arm, so I got called "one arm boy" quite often growing up. That hurt so much, in elementary, middle, and high school. Its cuz I never stood up for myself, and people can see your weakness. Now if someone makes a joke about it (which rarely happens now because im 19, and people are more mature in college), but when it does happen, I stand up for myself and get in their face (lol) or I just dont bother.. They look like the douchebag, I dont.

I dont have it that bad, but when my balding gets advanced, I WILL try my best to not let it get to me. One second of someone making fun of me will not overshadow all the amazing moments in my life. I can understand how balding extremely affects your dating game, but I just dont see how it can affect your life with family and friends. Yeah, yesterday my friends made a joke, but I owned up to it and plus they dont know any better. I've realized from people making fun of my race and disability, the more emotion you show when people make fun of you, the more you will get picked on. Stand up for yourself, or dont let it bother you and show that you're not affected by it. Gotta show some dominance, or else people will walk all over you.. ya feel me?

I actually had a similar experience the other night. I was out at one of my rock clubs seeing an 80s metal cover band and I ran into some friends who I hadn't seen in quite a while. I don't remember all of the details cus I was pretty f***ed up but me and one of the guys were actually comparing out receding hairlines and talking for a brief bit about hair loss. We even joked about it for a bit. I guess it didn't bother me because 1. I was pretty f***ed up, 2. It was with some one I knew (not a close friend but an acquaintance), 3. It was not amongst a crowd of people, and 4. There was no malicious intent involved. Yet if I was ridiculed and singled out in the middle of bar (or something like that), I would've been really pissed off.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Go on Google and type "Fredthebelgian gynecomastia.org". You'll have your answer.

Wait, for some reason I assumed you tried finasteride and then got gyno but apparently you got gyno from antidepressants. Why haven't you even given finasteride a shot then? You getting gyno from a certain type of anti depressants does not mean you'll get gyno from finasteride as well.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
So getting gyno from medication doesn't mean I will get gyno from another medication that has gyno as a side-effect? I don't follow the logic.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll pass. I would be stupid to do so. Gyno was an absolute nightmare. And I didn't get gyno from antidepressants, but from antipsychotics.

Maybe the mechanisms are different. The risk of gyno from finasteride comes from having less DHT, which is an androgen that reduces the influence of estrogen. Fat men have more estrogen so they are more likely to get gyno from finasteride but the risk is negligible anyway. I for one only care about risks over 1% unless it reduces your lifespan somehow or causes pain or something nasty.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the 3 months I used finasteride I didn't get gyno, but I went on Amitryptyline (tricyclic anti-depressant used to suppress pain/itching) and felt my nipples get sore within 3 weeks. Weird as I think it's actually more likely on finasteride.