Levocetirizine 5mg/day halted my hair loss

Hakandogan

Reaction score
In the same way, I have been taking levocetirizine for about 2 months. From the first week, I noticed that my hair was thickened, although my hair loss stopped. However, I could not have an idea whether new hair is growing or not. However, I would like to say that this drug definitely stops hair loss.

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you mentioned Ceterizine has been used in the past, why choose Levoceterizine over Ceterizine?
Levoceterizine is supposedly less drowsy than ceterizine (even though ceterizine is a 'non drowsy' anti-histamine- it still causes drowsiness in some people). I am also taking both for my lichen planopilaris for about 6 months now and it seems to be heping my hair too.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So why would this work exactly? Anti inflammatory or targets another issue?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why aren't you on discord anymore?

Because things are bad enough without all the false hopes, copes and blackpill bullshit. And I don't have much to contribute since I get side effects from everything, and that's not what people wanna hear.

If any worthwhile treatment happens, I'll know about it sooner or later, there's really no point to hang around there daily.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

I want to share with you a method that works for me, it only stops the hairloss and there isn't much of a regrowth, atleast for me. I've been using Levocetirizine antihistamine drug for one year and it halted my hair loss, you can find various people on internet forums experimenting with topical Cetorizine with different results. My approach was different, i used Levocetirizine 5mg/day only orally and it definitely had an affect on my scalp first few months, nowadays it has stabilized, my hair is slightly better than it was when i first started, nothing exceptional, but it stopped the hair loss with no futher receding. I still have sligtly thin hair, but i don't care, because i don't care about hair too much anymore. I just came back later to let people know that this works, also there is one study done by Chinese dermatologist who had tested the effects of levocetirizine on human follicules and he also found that Levocetirizine is very solid drug for combating hair loss.

Some side effects, few of them are present only first couple of months and i don't feel them anymore - dryness in mouth, tiredness, bruxism, muscle twitches

Otherwise i am very happy with it and i will surely keep using this drug. You can try use minoxidil along with it, but i am too lazy to try it as i don't care about hair anymore, but i want to help others who struggle with their psyché from hair loss problems, so that's why i registered on this forum and shared my experience with this drug, also i never used finasteride, so i don't know if the effects are same, but it stopped the hair loss. Maybe in the future i will post some pictures, but i am not interested in trying to convice anyone, i shared my experience in what has worked for me and it's up to you if you try to use this cheap, serious side effects free drug to combat hair loss with it :)

Feel free to share your thoughs
This is such an interesting case study. Thank you for sharing.

I have had an interesting experience of my own, and have also been experimenting with an anti-histamine.

But my first question for you is, how soon did you notice a cessation in shedding?

I ask this because I am an Australian, so for some reason Xyzal has been removed from our pharmacies. However I have been experimenting with oral Cetirizine for the past 3 weeks, and I have been measuring progress with the number of hairs I lose per day.

Unfortunately so far, there has been no change.

However, I have used a topical compound, that as long as I use once a day, stops my shedding 100%. This comes into effect within 3 days of using it, but also stops working 3 days after stopping.

I have been using topical Melatonin (low concentration), and it works beyond my wildest dreams in stopping hair loss. It has NOT regrown hair however, but stopping the shed is a remarkable result for me.

In the last 3 weeks I have stopped topical Melatonin and started oral Cetirizine plus oral Melatonin 50mg. No effect so far but I will wait another week.

Will now try to get oral Xyzal and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks again

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its been about 6 months. As long as I apply it once per day I have zero hairloss
Why did you quit it?

How about a topical formulation of maltonin + ceterezine?