lets talk more about Cloning.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay, could someone with a better understanding of HM explain to me why they couldn't just take hair from the back of your head (the non-DHT hairs), "clone it", inject and grow the hair for a while (when its an inch long or so) on some immunologically neutral medium, or even somewhere discretely on your body, and then transfer via FUE onto your head so you could make it any direction you want, any thickness, any hairline and do this for life till you have a ridiculously full head of hair? maybe i'm totally missing something, but it just seems so simple.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Trent said:
okay, could someone with a better understanding of HM explain to me why they couldn't just take hair from your back, "clone it", inject and grow the hair for a while (when its an inch long or so) on some immunologically neutral medium, or even somewhere discretely on your body, and then transfer via FUE onto your head so you could make it any direction you want, any thickness, any hairline and do this for life till you have a ridiculously full head of hair? maybe i'm totally missing something, but it just seems so simple.

because i think that the cells injected into your scalp tell your hair follicles to grow .. they arent actual new follicles that just start sprouting up on their own .. atleast thats what i think it is .. i could be wrong myself.. and i think a low percentage of the cells injected survive or actually encourage growth .. one of the problems they are working on.. i think

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What amazes me is the fact that a woman in California had her cat cloned for 50,000 dollars, meanwhile cloning hair is still 4-5 years away. And from what I've heard on this forum, it'll be estimated at costing 20,000 dollars. How is that freaking possible.
giphy.gif

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a friendly remindeer that nothing will happen in 2018

Finasterid will still be the goldstandard in 2132
Fewer and fewer dermatologists prescribe Finasteride. I'm 100% sure of that. Saying that there will be nothing in 2018 WILL NOT STOP THE PROCESS .... AND THE PROGRESS OF THE NEW TREATMENTS.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 75382

Humans in 2200

>travel to distant galaxies with tripple light speed
>still cant cure baldness
In a science fiction world maybe yes.

In real life...No. Sorry. There will be cure... or at least better treatments than prehistoric treatments (Minoxidil and Finasteride) ... with pathetic results and daily application.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you understood something about hair loss and how scientists are working to perform hair cloning you would not say these nonsense and stupid things. There really is very little left. They are closer than ever. Who knows if they have already achieved it ... Just saying.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-organization-technology.110939/#post-1602491

Regeneration of complex oral organs using 3D cell organization technology. They are a little more advanced than they publish in this scientific paper.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you understood something about hair loss and how scientists are working to perform hair cloning you would not say these nonsense and stupid things. There really is very little left. They are closer than ever. Who knows if they have already achieved it ... Just saying.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-organization-technology.110939/#post-1602491

Regeneration of complex oral organs using 3D cell organization technology. They are a little more advanced than they publish in this scientific paper.
tenor.gif

I will bump this thread in 20 years again

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holes-552ed3056688d.jpg

Holy sh*t. They're just like us. Like, the way they write. The Simpson avatars. There's even a polar bear. You could just swap us and noone would know. Fascinating.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was 2004 and there was nothing on the horizon.
There is no scientific paper cited, no public announcements of collaborations and of timelines, no phase II or III trials being conducted.
It's certain you are bitter, but clever?
Nope, you IS stupid.
2020s and most definitely 2030s are gonna be decades of immense medical advancement.
I'm hoping you ain't a bitter old pal, 'cause you are gonna be dead by then.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no scientific paper cited, no public announcements of collaborations and of timelines, no phase II or III trials being conducted.
Nope, you IS stupid.
2020s and most definitely 2030s are gonna be decades of immense medical advancement.

Keep hoping for miracles that will never come...

Meanwhile ill pop finasteride like candy and keep my hair

Reactions: br1

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep hoping for miracles that will never come...

Meanwhile ill pop finasteride like candy and keep my hair
I ain't hoping for anything at all.
And I don't mind being bald.
I would prefer to restore my hair, though, and finasteride ain't an option for me.
Besides, only 85% of finasteride users have results, henny.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think cloning is the best and realistic “cure” possible. I mean, I don’t think it’ll ever be possible to simply apply cream on your head and you’ll go from nw6 to a nw1. I truly believe the focus for researchers should be put into this.

I also think op is being optimistic with the price and timeline. 3-5 years is unlikely and $20k is too cheap. I’d gladly pay $20k, that’s like buying a used civic lol. I’m positive it’ll cost at least $50k initially. Some hair transplant clinics charge $15k for 2,000 grafts.

Some say hiv or cancer is more important etc. But hair loss have been known to negatively impact men since before the roman times. Cancer and hiv was not discovered until waaaaay later. Whenever people say we’re just so advance now, I always think to myself well why are we still bald lol.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, you IS stupid.

A simple google search will prove otherwise. There’s been many claims of cures in the horizon even before 1994. There has always been trials for hair loss (or any medical) research lol, that’s nothing new. There has always been timelines. Even here on this forum, so many “it’s here” threads created with “solid” evidence.

The fact that we do not hear any definitive timeline says it all. We should know a lot more than we do now if anything will happen in the next 5-10 years. Everything I’m seeing now are things we’ve seen in 2008.