Let's invade and liberate Scotland!

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ali777 said:
I'm pretty sure IRA wouldn't be tolerated today neither.

What do you mean by tolerated as far as I can see they would'nt be treated any differently today than they were 20 yrs ago.

I meant tolerated by the Irish, ie outside support and sympathy. I presume most of the Irish people, both from the Republic and the North, want to live in peace.

s.a.f said:
We're hardly going to launch a full scale invasion on northern Ireland.

That's a very vague statement... It depends on what you mean by invasion. The last time I checked NI was part of the UK and its head of state was Elizabeth II, ie they are subjects of the English monarch. Why would the UK invade a territory it already owns?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Bryan said:
Are there terrorist training camps in the UK? Are there any in France? How about Italy and Spain? Any in Poland or Romania or Sweden or Finland? How about Canada? How about Japan and Australia? :)

Actually the answer is YES again... Not in the sense that they have outdoors training camp like in Afghanistan but lots of "terrorist" organisations have cells in Europe, I'm pretty sure they do in the US as well. Those cells are involved in fund raising and training.

The answer is NO. I _do_ mean in the sense of outdoors training camps like in Afghanistan. Places where jihadists can go specifically to get intensive training in weapons and explosives with which to attack Western countries.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bryan said:
The answer is NO. I _do_ mean in the sense of outdoors training camps like in Afghanistan. Places where jihadists can go specifically to get intensive training in weapons and explosives with which to attack Western countries.
There are several of them:

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfi ... urrah2.jpg

murrah2.jpg

militia1.jpg

group_3_4_6.JPG

ali777

Reaction score
Bryan said:
ali777 said:
Bryan said:
Are there terrorist training camps in the UK? Are there any in France? How about Italy and Spain? Any in Poland or Romania or Sweden or Finland? How about Canada? How about Japan and Australia? :)

Actually the answer is YES again... Not in the sense that they have outdoors training camp like in Afghanistan but lots of "terrorist" organisations have cells in Europe, I'm pretty sure they do in the US as well. Those cells are involved in fund raising and training.

Oh yeah, those guys that bombed Spain this summer got their explosive training in a camp in the Pyrenees, and the 9/11 bombers learnt how to fly in the Afghan caves???

You are saying things just for the sake of argument.

s.a.f

Reaction score
There was a bomb making factory discovered in a house less than 3 miles from where I live.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The owner of the house was in the year below me at school.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Bryan said:
There are several of them: {snip various pictures of the bombing of the Murrah building, and local "militia" groups}

Sorry, Gardener, but that's a really really weak response! Timothy McVeigh and his pal certainly didn't run a TRAINING CAMP. Those militia groups certainly didn't set up shop to train jihadists (terrorists) to attack our country.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Oh yeah, those guys that bombed Spain this summer got their explosive training in a camp in the Pyrenees...

I can't vouch for the accuracy of that claim, but even assuming that you are correct about it, congratulations on managing to find ONE counterexample out of a list of a dozen large countries that I thought of, off the top of my head! :bravo:

ali777 said:
...and the 9/11 bombers learnt how to fly in the Afghan caves???

Do you really think you have a point to make here? :)

ali777 said:
You are saying things just for the sake of argument.

No, YOU are the one who is doing that. I think you've now learned to be a lot more prudent about making silly claims about how "every other country" has terrorist training camps in the fashion of Afghanistan.

s.a.f

Reaction score
patagonia said:
s.a.f said:

i bet there where some good house parties over there......

Yes those Islam fanatics sure know how to party. :punk:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Hey, I thought you British guys don't use the word "school" in this context! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hammy070 said:
Bryan said:
Hey, I thought you British guys don't use the word "school" in this context! :)

We do.

What other word could we use in that context? :dunno:

It was suggested in that other thread that the word "school" is reserved for small children, like 6-12 years old or so. I remember one of you said that it sounds funny (or something like that) to use that word when referring to college or University students. The poster said that University students don't go to "school" or "class", they go to "lectures". Remember when we were having that discusssion a while back?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
School until 16 (where we have classes/lessons), next two years at sixth form college (attending classes & lectures), and then about half of us head off to university (for yet more lectures).

s.a.f

Reaction score
eh?

cuebald

Reaction score
Mr Mandelson gave his word that the release of the bomber had nothing to do with any deal. Mr Mandelson is widely known in the UK and everything he says is a lie - he's a Labour spin doctor who's spin involves saying the exact opposite to what has actually happened. And then being surprised when people don't buy it.

It was for oil.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/p ... 814939.ece

ali777

Reaction score
Libya has either the largest or the second largest (after Nigeria) petrol reserves in Africa...