Let's invade and liberate Scotland!

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
As comrade... I mean the reverend Robert Mueller rightly pointed out, release of the Lockerbie bomber had made "a mockery of justice" and given "comfort to terrorists around the world".

The glorious nation of the United States of A, for a long time engaged in just wars like in Vietnam, Irak and Afghanistan, will shortly invade Scotland and liberate the glorious Scottish people from the tyranny of the Scottish National Party's particularly unforgiving version of nationalism and anti-Americanism.

How is it possible that some people can't see the axis of Evil? Saddam, Ahmadinejad, Kim Jong Il, Alex Salmond.

Now, we're done with the first one and the second and third have nuclear weapons, but the war against Scotland is winnable! What are they going to launch on us? Porridge?

God is with us! Once again!

PS: Hitler once said that, but it was a mere coincidence...

HughJass

Reaction score
As a British citizen, I'm happy they released him. He was going to die anyway so we might as well have traded him for something good -access to oil.

Listening to all the US politicians get on their soapboxes and moral high horses about it is pretty nauseating really.

The Gardener

Reaction score
vauxall said:
As comrade... I mean the reverend Robert Mueller rightly pointed out, release of the Lockerbie bomber had made "a mockery of justice" and given "comfort to terrorists around the world".

The glorious nation of the United States of A, for a long time engaged in just wars like in Vietnam, Irak and Afghanistan, will shortly invade Scotland and liberate the glorious Scottish people from the tyranny of the Scottish National Party's particularly unforgiving version of nationalism and anti-Americanism.

How is it possible that some people can't see the axis of Evil? Saddam, Ahmadinejad, Kim Jong Il, Alex Salmond.

Now, we're done with the first one and the second and third have nuclear weapons, but the war against Scotland is winnable! What are they going to launch on us? Porridge?

God is with us! Once again!

PS: Hitler once said that, but it was a mere coincidence...
Brilliant. :notworthy

ali777

Reaction score
seaback said:
Stupid. Or maybe ironic, I don't know.
Well, I hope you will die soon in a terrorist attack. Or one of your relatives.
Because of you, because of stupid people like you, occidental democracies think that it would be unfair not to make business with countries who support terrorism, even indirectly. Because of cowards like you.
But those countries don't give a sh*t about how fair/unfair they behave. They just want our democratic system to collapse.
I'm French. In my country most of the people have absolutely no idea about what's going on on earth, but everything is pretext to criticize US. Everywhere you can see some stupid hicks talking sh*t about the US foreign policy, without a clue. Same with people thinking we have no reason to be in Afghanistan. No reason ? f*ck ! We are fighting for democracy, for freedom ! What do you want ? Terrorist attacks in your country, or a war in Afghanistan ?

I've always supported the invasion of Afghanistan, I still do to a certain extent. What made me _almost_ change my mind was a programme on the BBC. One guy made a very good case for why the invasion of Afghanistan had nothing to do with 9/11. His arguments were all valid.

If we are really fighting the terrorists, then Saudi Arabia should be the first country on the list of countries to be invaded. In an ironic way, the US should also bomb itself, as it is involved in all sorts of anti-democratic practices in the name of democracy.

On the subject of the Lockerbie bomber. I've seen countless documentaries on the subject, I'm still not convienced the Libyans were responsible for the bombing. The link and the evidence is rather weak.

cuebald

Reaction score
Regardless of whether he did it or not, this is another example of "Soft Touch Britain".

People who commit violent and abusive crimes get pathetic sentences by our courts. Our country is full of hard-left lunatics who prefer to give thugs who commit GBH/ABH "community service" using the rational "it's not their fault, they're expressing themselves"; "it's the system"; "they're bored" as excuses for why these people go around mugging people / "happy slapping" for fun.
So these idiots get community service - they do an hours work, then they all go smoke weed for the rest of it. It's a joke.
It's also another reason why people in our country can take the piss and get away with it.

I can't wait until the Nu Labour party are kicked out in disgrace.

Oh, and typical of the hypocritical Yankies to boycott Scotland because of "darn terrists"... what about all of the IRA funding that's so quietly forgotten about by most of them? :shakehead:
Anyway, America is a country fast becoming irrelevant as their debt runs massive and their purchasing power decreases... so I don't think many Scots will give a sh*t after the holiday seasons end.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
cuebald said:
I can't wait until the Nu Labour party are kicked out in disgrace.
As a general point I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately New Labour and Dave's 'Not-the-Conservative Party'* are indistinguishable in all ways that matter.

*Credit to Christopher Booker, Sunday Telegraph columnist par excellence, for so naming Dave's little group of political pygmies.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
invade scotland?
but most of our army are Scotsman lol
i am sure we even have more scottish than english in the British army lol

and you don't want to piss this man off ;)
four-characteristics-of-inspirational-leaders.jpg

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Army is about ten percent Scots, broadly in line with their share of UK population.

Monty, Thatcher's policies saved this country (economically) - we were in deep do-do after the seventies... and now Labour has (once again) destroyed the economy, contrary to their assertion that our downturn was brought on solely by evil global forces.

Quite an achievement: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/fina ... -1998.html

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
I was a little unsure whether we did the right thing or not at the right time.

Protest from across the Atlantic has erased the doubt.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
I've always supported the invasion of Afghanistan, I still do to a certain extent. What made me _almost_ change my mind was a programme on the BBC. One guy made a very good case for why the invasion of Afghanistan had nothing to do with 9/11. His arguments were all valid.

I don't particularly care about whether or not there was a direct link to 9/11. But do you doubt that there were/are terrorist training camps in Afghanistan?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hammy070 said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

ali777

Reaction score
Bryan said:
ali777 said:

I don't particularly care about whether or not there was a direct link to 9/11. But do you doubt that there were/are terrorist training camps in Afghanistan?

I do not dispute what you are saying. I guess in a way that's one of the reasons why I do not oppose the invasion of Afghanistan. Also, that part of the world needs to get rid off the Taliban.

On the other hand... if you are going to invade a country just because they have/had training camps, then why don't you invade pretty much every other country in the world? You could even invade the USA because they fund and train organisations like the CIA, NSA, etc who are involved in all sorts of anti-democratic practices.

Post 911, the US needed an enemy and that enemy happened to be Afghanistan and Iraq.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
I do not dispute what you are saying. I guess in a way that's one of the reasons why I do not oppose the invasion of Afghanistan. Also, that part of the world needs to get rid off the Taliban.

Okay, we agree on all that, although I can't help but wonder why you're still being rather tentative and hesitant about your support.

ali777 said:
On the other hand... if you are going to invade a country just because they have/had training camps, then why don't you invade pretty much every other country in the world?

Because every other country in the world doesn't have terrorist training camps.

ali777 said:
You could even invade the USA because they fund and train organisations like the CIA, NSA, etc who are involved in all sorts of anti-democratic practices.

LOL! Is that what Europe thinks of the CIA, NSA, etc.? I wish you'd had a chance to know Bill Colby (former Director of the CIA), like I did. Maybe being able to put a human face on the CIA would help you to move past these Hollywood images of what the CIA is all about! :)

ali777 said:
Post 911, the US needed an enemy and that enemy happened to be Afghanistan and Iraq.

I think there's probably a little bit of truth to that, but it's still a pretty shallow assessment.

ali777

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Okay, we agree on all that, although I can't help but wonder why you're still being rather tentative and hesitant about your support.

You'd agree that war is a serious business and there is no place for political lies and spins in wars. If I'm asked to support one particular war, I'd like to know what exactly we are fighting for.

Bryan said:

Says who??? There are so many terrorist organisations out there. I bet you could make a case to invade every other country.

A very simple example: IRA and UK. Just like you linked 911 to Afghanistan, the UK could have linked the IRA to Ireland (The Republic) and invade Ireland. I have to note that this is just an example, IRA is no longer active.

Bryan said:
LOL! Is that what Europe thinks of the CIA, NSA, etc.? I wish you'd had a chance to know Bill Colby (former Director of the CIA), like I did. Maybe being able to put a human face on the CIA would help you to move past these Hollywood images of what the CIA is all about! :)

I don't think there are many Hollywood movies that show CIA overthrowing democratically elect governments. So, we aren't talking about the Hollywood image here, we are talking about the political image.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
You'd agree that war is a serious business and there is no place for political lies and spins in wars. If I'm asked to support one particular war, I'd like to know what exactly we are fighting for.

I don't understand what point you're hinting at here. Are you saying there are "lies" and "spins" surrounding our involvement in Afghanistan?

ali777 said:
Bryan said:

Says who??? There are so many terrorist organisations out there. I bet you could make a case to invade every other country.

Are there terrorist training camps in the UK? Are there any in France? How about Italy and Spain? Any in Poland or Romania or Sweden or Finland? How about Canada? How about Japan and Australia? :)

ali777 said:
A very simple example: IRA and UK. Just like you linked 911 to Afghanistan, the UK could have linked the IRA to Ireland (The Republic) and invade Ireland. I have to note that this is just an example, IRA is no longer active.

I already told you in plain English: I NEVER linked 911 to Afghanistan. I don't particularly care if there's a link, or not.

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Hammy070 said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

I was being a smart-***. "If America thinks it's wrong then it must be right". Don't take it seriously... :smack:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ali777 said:
Bryan said:

Are there terrorist training camps in the UK? Are there any in France? How about Italy and Spain? Any in Poland or Romania or Sweden or Finland? How about Canada? How about Japan and Australia? :)

No but Pakistan, Syria, South Korea, Saudia arabia and loads of countries in Africa and the middle east do.
And yes there are plenty of terrorist groups in european countries, maybe not in the same league as Al Queda ect but there is'nt anywhere in the world that is immune to terrorsts. Spain definatley does have its own terrorist group, you've never heard of ETA?

The fact is that by invading Afghanistan we have stirred up far more anti west hatred and in turn put ourselves at probably 10x more risk than we were a decade ago.
Even Bin Laden has proclaimed that Bush has created more Islamic terrorsts than he ever could of.

ali777

Reaction score
Bryan said:
ali777 said:
Bryan said:

Actually the answer is YES again... Not in the sense that they have outdoors training camp like in Afghanistan but lots of "terrorist" organisations have cells in Europe, I'm pretty sure they do in the US as well. Those cells are involved in fund raising and training.

The EU and the US has a huge list of terrorist organisations that they are supposed to actively fight. However, in reality some of them are tolerated, even supported (not officially of course) for political gains.

The only example I can think of from the top of my head is the Kurdish separatist group in Turkey. According to the EU they are a terrorist organisation but their activities are tolerated in some countries. This tolerance is typical European liberalism, we are "pro-human rights" but at the end of the day we always go with political gains, ie we support both the Kurds and the Turkish government :dunno: .

Another example is the infamous cleric with the hook, i can't remember his name... If he goes back to his country of origin he's going to be prosecuted, but the UK gives him asylum. In a way the UK shelters another man's terrorist.

I don't think ETA is a good example in this context. They are active in Spain and France, and both those countries actively fight them. So they don't actually get any outside support or sympathy. I'm pretty sure IRA wouldn't be tolerated today neither.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:
Another example is the infamous cleric with the hook, i can't remember his name... If he goes back to his country of origin he's going to be prosecuted, but the UK gives him asylum. In a way the UK shelters another man's terrorist.

Yes amazingly enough the state not only supports him and his family to the tune of £100'000s but also allows him to publicly incite hatred against us. And he's just one of many that we do this for.

ali777 said:
I'm pretty sure IRA wouldn't be tolerated today neither.

What do you mean by tolerated as far as I can see they would'nt be treated any differently today than they were 20 yrs ago. We're hardly going to launch a full scale invasion on northern Ireland.

cuebald

Reaction score
Terrorism is the new Communism