Let The Journey Of Finasteride Begin. 25 Yo Male, Diffuse Nw2.75

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen your case and you do have diffuse thinning going on. All you can do is just take 1mg of Finasteride, use Minoxidil foam twice daily and Nizoral shampoo a few times per week. If you want some extra conditioning then get the Ordinary Hair Density serum I mentioned. You have to be patient as most maximum results will not be reached until one to two years. I would not recommend dutasteride at this time as you have not given finasteride enough chance to work. Just remember, your genetics will always try to win. Also remember these medications are not cures so they will only onset your final Norwood. You have to stop obsessing about your hair( I spent over 14 years doing it and its not worth it). My hair is still thinning even with treatments so all I can do is use what I am and wait until the next best thing comes along. You are at the mercy of your genetics.
This is the truth. I've been on finasteride for a year now and my hair is still thinning on the big three. Its just something I have accepted now and try not to think about as much. Every male in my family is bald so its foolish for me to think that a pill would stop something that has been happening for generations.

OP, the most you can probably expect is for it to slow down. I always say most people go into finasteride being scared of the sides but in reality they should be going into finasteride being scared that it wont work. Its more likely for finasteride not to work than to get sides.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the truth. I've been on finasteride for a year now and my hair is still thinning on the big three. Its just something I have accepted now and try not to think about as much. Every male in my family is bald so its foolish for me to think that a pill would stop something that has been happening for generations.

OP, the most you can probably expect is for it to slow down. I always say most people go into finasteride being scared of the sides but in reality they should be going into finasteride being scared that it wont work. Its more likely for finasteride not to work than to get sides.
thing is none of my relatives distant/close are bald, so i wasnt prepared for it.

you probably should try to get on dutasteride, if you value your hair more than potential sides

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need your guys advice. I'm really scared right now about state of my hair and what future holds regarding it. Normally i was very bitter, angry and depressed about the fact that i was balding, but i was ok with my nw2.5-3ish hair and density, i didnt have to wear hats or use toppik anyhow. If my hair got really oily, it'd be noticeable i have thinning, but after washing it, it'd have full coverage back. But yesterday, i freaked really bad, i havent been so scared in years. After i washed my hair and dried it, i could see scalp through it, for the very first time in my life in dry state.

So i've been on finasteride 0.5mg a day, for about 2 months, roughly 56 days. Last weeks i was taking it EOD, because i was running out of propecia and failed to source it in time again.
Ive been off finasteride for 6 days now and next batch i will receive only on next friday, so it will be 14 days off medication.

What are your thoughts on my situation? I still lose significant amount of hair each wash and everyday, around 150-300 hairs a shower.
I havent even taken propecia for more than 60 days thought, so it might be silly to expect any results so far.

Next week i have interviews lined up and i probably will be switching to a new better job, so if we talk about minoxidil, the initial shed of it, might make me look nearly slick bald, with current density, thus destroying my socialization at workplace.

Should i consider dutasteride? Should i add minoxidil to the regimen regardless? Should i stick with finasteride and hope for the best?

My hormones in finasteride hasnt changed pretty much, i havent tested DHT levels, because my local labs dont provide reactives for it.

@Wolf Pack @bridgeburn @DoctorHouse @michel sapin @CrownBalding @Manochoice

-2 months of finasteride isn't enough at all, hair cycles take time to settle, stabilise and strands strengthen. Minimum 1 year to 1.5. Take it every day 1 mg or 1.25mg. I think I've missed maybe a handful of doses in almost 5 years and haven't lost any hair.

- After 1 year if you're maintaining but want more growth, add in Minoxidil or have a transplant - depends on how big the area of thinning is.

- After 1 year if you're not maintaining, add dutasteride.

-You could derma roll for a month or so and add ketoconzaole cream/shampoo to keep your scalp healthy and oil free. You could make this a long term thing.

People with an oily scalp and hair loss tend to have a more aggressive pattern (anecdotal) as well as bad skin so try you're best to decrease the secretions. Maybe you didn't see more hair loss and just thought you did, it's a possibility too. As always, good luck.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Took a break from finasteride for around 3 weeks, because couldnt source it in time. Now i stacked up with 2 proscar packages, which can last quite a while, but i definitely noticed difference while being on finasteride and off it. Mostly depression i think and brain activity. When i got off finasteride these past weeks my mood got better and i got more creative again, like brain turns back to curious and creative state, rather than 'whatever, who gives a sh*t'. Also dick grew back in soft state, cuz on finasteride id be limp in small non erected. Guess somehow prostate shrinking is connected with it.

Kinda sucks.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Took a break from finasteride for around 3 weeks, because couldnt source it in time. Now i stacked up with 2 proscar packages, which can last quite a while, but i definitely noticed difference while being on finasteride and off it. Mostly depression i think and brain activity. When i got off finasteride these past weeks my mood got better and i got more creative again, like brain turns back to curious and creative state, rather than 'whatever, who gives a sh*t'. Also dick grew back in soft state, cuz on finasteride id be limp in small non erected. Guess somehow prostate shrinking is connected with it.

Kinda sucks.

Just get off finastride already, ur the biggest complainer I have ever encountered in this forum.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why dont you post a picture ? Always see you all over this forum, but never seen a pic of your hairline.