Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If taking finasteride gives you peace of mind that’s great
This is exactly the reason my derm prescribed me finasteride. He acknowledged that I have hair loss, but he said it still is early for finasteride.

I used to think about hair loss a lot. And when I found out that I have been diffuse thinning, I got depressed. I tasted what depression feels like, and it is not fun at all. However, even before taking finasteride, I calmed myself and worked my way out as there are many options I can take to battle this disease and my hair was relatively stable even while being just on minoxidil. And now being on finasteride, I am more relaxed knowing that I am taking action. I rarely look at the mirror to check my hair and rarely take photos, whereas before I would be taking daily pics of my hair.

Thank you for the kind words. Good luck to you too, hope you keep your luscious locks. :)

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just took those pics. For the most part it still is the same. However, I noticed that I have new short, terminal hair on my thinning temple. They were not there before (most likely). Any idea what are they? Regrowth or new miniaturization?

Attachments

• B0280846-0F18-4C83-B894-24EE8CFA856D.jpeg
    B0280846-0F18-4C83-B894-24EE8CFA856D.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 6E2CD82C-8F7C-412E-ADA1-9F36E5863133.jpeg
    6E2CD82C-8F7C-412E-ADA1-9F36E5863133.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 272
  • 9009F9A3-068A-4E65-AC53-556086643B36.jpeg
    9009F9A3-068A-4E65-AC53-556086643B36.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 25A79EC0-3C6E-42E9-8828-8EFF684A057E.jpeg
    25A79EC0-3C6E-42E9-8828-8EFF684A057E.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 293

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will start taking 1.25 mg EOD in the hope of getting back my sex drive. I can get full erections and feelings but I have to force myself. It does bother me but not by much, and 1.25 mg EOD should give same results.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@baba_yaga I'm not an expert but I notice I have thin strands as well, but when they shed it's always from the nape or the area around my ears. Just like you, I also have a long hair and maybe it has something to do with it. I don't know if I shed these ones from the top though.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@baba_yaga I'm not an expert but I notice I have thin strands as well, but when they shed it's always from the nape or the area around my ears. Just like you, I also have a long hair and maybe it has something to do with it. I don't know if I shed these ones from the top though.
I shed 3 times more from the neck/back area of my head. How are those strands thin? Send pics

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A small update

3 weeks have passed since I reduced the dosage to 1.25 mg every other day. And, I can say it was a success (or a coincidence).

My sex drive is much better than the 2-3 months mark, I am getting spontaneous erections multiple times daily and regained a good chunk back of my sex drive. My orgasms have improved in the way that they are more intense more often than before.

Now, I cant claim that this reduction in dosage is the cause behind the alleviation of my sexual side effects, as it may very well be a coincidence. But I choose to believe otherwise. My sex drive was non-existent for at least 1 month (between month 2 and month 3) and stayed the same until I changed the dose.

My hair is mostly unchanged. Will post pics on the 6 months mark.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
A small update

3 weeks have passed since I reduced the dosage to 1.25 mg every other day. And, I can say it was a success (or a coincidence).

My sex drive is much better than the 2-3 months mark, I am getting spontaneous erections multiple times daily and regained a good chunk back of my sex drive. My orgasms have improved in the way that they are more intense more often than before.

Now, I cant claim that this reduction in dosage is the cause behind the alleviation of my sexual side effects, as it may very well be a coincidence. But I choose to believe otherwise. My sex drive was non-existent for at least 1 month (between month 2 and month 3) and stayed the same until I changed the dose.

My hair is mostly unchanged. Will post pics on the 6 months mark.

Glad your sexual health has improved, i never really had any issues with finasteride in that regard but my orgasms are weak as anything on dutasteride, but it's a price im willing to pay. Keep us updated.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just took those pics. For the most part it still is the same. However, I noticed that I have new short, terminal hair on my thinning temple. They were not there before (most likely). Any idea what are they? Regrowth or new miniaturization?

BLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, cut your f*****g nails kid wtf, damn how some of you are

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
~6 months update

Half a year passed by and my hair is still the same. Sides are mostly the same, could be a bit worse but nothing major (as in worsening). My sexual drive is still significantly lower than before finasteride.
I did run out of minoxidil and didnt apply it for a ~week, however I am back on it. I noticed a very small shed during/after that break and it lasted for two days.

Other than that, nothing to report. Keep in mind my hair was already stable before finasteride, so I cant say finasteride and/or minoxidil certainly is/are the cause of maintenance. But I think they will be the reason behind the long term maintenance, hopefully.

Photos for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_5823.JPG
    IMG_5823.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_5824.JPG
    IMG_5824.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_5827.JPG
    IMG_5827.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_5828.JPG
    IMG_5828.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_5829.JPG
    IMG_5829.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_5831.JPG
    IMG_5831.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_5832.JPG
    IMG_5832.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_5834.JPG
    IMG_5834.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_5835.JPG
    IMG_5835.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_5840.JPG
    IMG_5840.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_5841.JPG
    IMG_5841.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_5842.JPG
    IMG_5842.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_5847.JPG
    IMG_5847.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_5849.JPG
    IMG_5849.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_5850.JPG
    IMG_5850.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_5851.JPG
    IMG_5851.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_5852.JPG
    IMG_5852.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 236

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
~6 months update

Half a year passed by and my hair is still the same. Sides are mostly the same, could be a bit worse but nothing major (as in worsening). My sexual drive is still significantly lower than before finasteride.
I did run out of minoxidil and didnt apply it for a ~week, however I am back on it. I noticed a very small shed during/after that break and it lasted for two days.

Other than that, nothing to report. Keep in mind my hair was already stable before finasteride, so I cant say finasteride and/or minoxidil certainly is/are the cause of maintenance. But I think they will be the reason behind the long term maintenance, hopefully.

Photos for reference.

Have you thought about simplifying your regimen a bit and using 5mg oral minoxidil instead of the hassle topical brings?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you thought about simplifying your regimen a bit and using 5mg oral minoxidil instead of the hassle topical brings?
Im leaving oral min for the late game. Also i am hairy, dont want to turn into a werewolf :p

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What idiot said you have hair loss. You have zero hair loss.
Don’t listen to this guy. His game is shaming people that start with good hair. My hair was like yours even at my age when I started to thin, it can happen fast, oral minoxidil is good but serious and notice the results taper in year two... of you can tolerate the Propecia run with it if not topical can help.

all that said, you could wait, this advice that the meds help works from most but not all and starting meds can change your hair.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t listen to this guy. His game is shaming people that start with good hair. My hair was like yours even at my age when I started to thin, it can happen fast, oral minoxidil is good but serious and notice the results taper in year two... of you can tolerate the Propecia run with it if not topical can help.

all that said, you could wait, this advice that the meds help works from most but not all and starting meds can change your hair.
Diffuse thinning is a b1tch to spot, but I still "prefer" it over traditional receding as it preserves your hair line and face frame.

I've heard couple of people here saying finasteride made their hair texture different/accelerated their hair loss. However, none happened to me and I will stick to finasteride for the rest of my life, and I think you should do too.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The strand shaft is on the left? I noticed that some strands of mine are thinner near the bulb/root than the rest of the strand. Actually, the ends are pretty healthy when I shed. Not as thinner as yours though. I still have to attach a picture to show you but I always end up forgetting lol. Gonna wash my hair today and then I upload here.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The strand shaft is on the left? I noticed that some strands of mine are thinner near the bulb/root than the rest of the strand. Actually, the ends are pretty healthy when I shed. Not as thinner as yours though. I still have to attach a picture to show you but I always end up forgetting lol. Gonna wash my hair today and then I upload here.
Yes it is on the left. Check your dm.
go back and look at blue cyclones post from 3 years ago where he said he would be bald in a year. Compare those pictures to the ones he’s posting today you’ll laugh.
There is not that much difference, just like in my case. But that does not mean he isnt experiencing hair loss. Just by looking at my general pics, you wouldnt tell anything's happening which is not true. Diffuse thinning is hard to spot in its early stages. Remember the 50% density rule of hair transplants? Same thing applies to us.
Recession is easy to monitor and spot.