Let The Journey Begin (long Term Documentation)

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Thats the problem with diffuse thinning. It is hard to spot it in photos.
Notice in this photo how the split is much wider at the top compared to behind the hair line.

The density difference is easily felt, but does not appear in photos.
Mine is like that too, and so is my brother's (14). I don't think it means you're thinning/balding.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Mine is like that too, and so is my brother's (14). I don't think it means you're thinning/balding.
Does your hair strands get progressively thinner towards the roots? Do you have a lot of very small (<1cm), colorless hairs all over your head?

i actually went to three derms, and all of them confirmed diffuse hair loss. Heck, I asked the second one to do a scan of my head to check the miniaturized hair. He denied my request, saying that its too obvious that there is hair loss.

The matter is, you need to catch it early, as most treatments are preventative.

RockChalk

My Regimen
Too many Norwooders confusing this kid because his hairline is in tact. This is clearly the beginning stages of DPA. Yes, it’s early on but in my opinion should probably be treated. I’ve gone through the same thing and it’s been pretty aggressive... and my hairlines still in tact!

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Too many Norwooders confusing this kid because his hairline is in tact. This is clearly the beginning stages of DPA. Yes, it’s early on but in my opinion should probably be treated. I’ve gone through the same thing and it’s been pretty aggressive... and my hairlines still in tact!
I am certain that I have diffuse thinning. Density difference is easily felt.
I've attached 2 photos that clearly show that there is less hair at the top. Notice that there is much more scalp showing next to the red line compared to next of the white line. This is also evident in the second photo, which also shows that I have a lot of miniaturized hairs (examples circled in red).

Attachments

• IMG_5465.PNG
    IMG_5465.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 271
  • InkedIMG_4922_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_4922_LI.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 233

pegasus2

My Regimen
Aggressive DPA.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
I am certain that I have diffuse thinning. Density difference is easily felt.
I've attached 2 photos that clearly show that there is less hair at the top. Notice that there is much more scalp showing next to the red line compared to next of the white line. This is also evident in the second photo, which also shows that I have a lot of miniaturized hairs (examples circled in red).
Just out of curiosity, was the first picture taken with a smartphone camera?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
1 month update

It has been 1 month exactly since starting finasteride at 1.25 mg ED. In the first 3 days, I felt my libido has decreased, but afterwards it went back to normal. (could be placebo) I can get my dick up and running whenever I want, with everything the same as before. No ball aching, no brain fog, nothing at all actually.
I did not experience any sheds whatsoever. My hair feels thicker and healthier, no longer have problems styling it. Jk it still is the SAME. It has only been a f*****g month.
Though I did drop my minoxidil usage to once/day after 1.8 years of no significant results.

Will keep on updating the thread.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
3 months update

Nothing significant to report, aside from decreased libido. My sex drive was normally high until the 2 months mark or so. Now I no longer get aroused unintentionally, I can control it. Orgasms are sometimes sub 70%, other times 100%. A small price to pay, especially since everything else is still the same.
Got no shedding and no thinning/worsening. I may also say that (perhaps) finasteride has decreased shedding somehow.

I wont post new photos because not much time has passed and I havent felt any significant differences.

JohnSmith21

Established Member
My Regimen
you have zero thinning. you were parting your hair unevenly. your literally made a zigzag part and then said it was thinning. so stupid to take finasteride at 17 when you really don’t show signs of thinning. i’m 25 on finasteride, and am all for it. but your bugging you don’t need it

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
you have zero thinning. you were parting your hair unevenly. your literally made a zigzag part and then said it was thinning. so stupid to take finasteride at 17 when you really don’t show signs of thinning. i’m 25 on finasteride, and am all for it. but your bugging you don’t need it
My shedded hair strands are progressively getting thinner towards the roots. (check attached pic)

edit: attached two additional pics where thinning is obvious. Also deleted all the wall of text I just typed because these two pics sums it all.

Attachments

• 91605CEE-4AF3-4EDD-9484-D398D197F742.jpeg
    91605CEE-4AF3-4EDD-9484-D398D197F742.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 2923AE18-01AF-4138-8C30-8A414CAF38C1.png
    2923AE18-01AF-4138-8C30-8A414CAF38C1.png
    869.4 KB · Views: 102
  • BA19DE31-F374-4B25-8F99-2AA48DC3E4BC.png
    BA19DE31-F374-4B25-8F99-2AA48DC3E4BC.png
    825.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
You can try low dose topical fina too. Maybe you'll have less sides.
Could use it if the sides get much worse. But for now, I can easily tolerate them. In fact, I prefer to have control over my sex drive rather than craving to penetrate a wall while I’m at uni or trying to sleep.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Could use it if the sides get much worse. But for now, I can easily tolerate them. In fact, I prefer to have control over my sex drive rather than craving to penetrate a wall while I’m at uni or trying to sleep.
Had the same experience as you lol. But I'll warn you, in the long term your mind may change and libido can be completely gone. But listen to your body.

JohnSmith21

Established Member
My Regimen
My shedded hair strands are progressively getting thinner towards the roots. (check attached pic)

edit: attached two additional pics where thinning is obvious. Also deleted all the wall of text I just typed because these two pics sums it all.
i still don’t see any thinning. looks totally normal

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
You can't see it in pictures whatever pictures you will post but if you say that a couple of doctors saw it with a microscope or a lens they must have saw something
Yes three derms confirmed that I have diffuse pattern hair loss.
Compare the two photos here, you simply cannot say there is no difference in scalp visibility or density of hair.

Attachments

• BE0D46B3-B4CA-4211-A0BE-31042994E9E2.jpeg
    BE0D46B3-B4CA-4211-A0BE-31042994E9E2.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 103
  • F751162E-48B8-42EB-84D9-186B62158CFD.jpeg
    F751162E-48B8-42EB-84D9-186B62158CFD.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 99