lax4life's story

lax4life

Reaction score
Got kirkland minx today when my 2% minx ran out (a 3 month supply lasted me a little more than a month) and I'm using that along with generic proscar split into fourths and nizoral 1% every other day.

lax4life

Reaction score
I'm a month into finasteride and a month and a half into minoxidil. Still not sure if I'm getting any results.

lax4life

Reaction score
Im getting tired of this thin crap getting greasy so easy how can I prevent that until it comes back in thicker

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A lot of guys (including myself) use rogaine foam in the morning then kirkland minoxidil in the evening. The foam can be used to style your hair for the day and is not greasy but it is a little more expensive.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry if im misunderstanding you...

My point was that minoxidil liquid is very very greasy, it will always make your hair greasy, i would never go out with it in my hair, thats why i use rogain 'foam' in the morning, as its totally different, it actually makes your hair go matte and cosmetically thickens it while it is on the hair.

lax4life

Reaction score
It's fine but going out with the liquid isn't the problem I just wait for it to dry. My hair just gets greasy in 2 hours at most. Is there anything I can do to prevent that?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh right I see, sorry. Im afraid I cant help you then but its probably just a case of getting a different shampoo. Maybe try posting a thread in the shampoo section on the forums :dunno:

Sorry I cant be of more help

lax4life

Reaction score
Let's say I put the minoxidil on at 530pm and then put another on at 10pm. Would that be alright for my two applications or are these time frames to close together?

lax4life

Reaction score
My hair has been growing in pretty well since my last haircut that I say its giving me really great hope for the future. My hair looks very much improved

goingon24

Reaction score
Yeah my hair gets greasier faster to since I don't have as much hair when I was younger to soak it up like a sponge. My hairloss is pretty close to what your's is but I don't start on finasteride till next month when I'll get some blood work to compare years later encase anything comes up. Been on minoxidil for 1 month though.

lax4life

Reaction score
I want to add more photos to show my progress but I'm getting a message saying "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." What should I do?

mrfifs

Reaction score
lax4life said:
I want to add more photos to show my progress but I'm getting a message saying "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." What should I do?

hey bro just hold on to another couple of hours or maybe a day before you are able to upload the pictures. of alternatively you can upload the pics on imageshack and put the links here.

lax4life

Reaction score
Updated pictures, comment would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.34 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.34 PM #3.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.35 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.35 PM #2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.35 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.35 PM #3.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.35 PM #4.jpg
    Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.35 PM #4.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.37 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.37 PM #2.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.38 PM #4.jpg
    Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.38 PM #4.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.38 PM #5.jpg
    Photo on 3-25-12 at 8.38 PM #5.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 193

mad_hatter

Reaction score
Hey man,

I've been going through the same thing for almost. I haven't started any treatments yet due to my health, still getting that assessed. I was just wondering if you had any noticeable health issues when you started noticing you were balding? I really wanted to take propecia/proscar but I figured that they might make things worse for me. I bought a bottle of 2% Nizoral but I haven't touched it yet, what kind of things did you notice when you started using Nizoral? And your scalp looked kinda red/inflamed.

By the way, your pictures after starting treatment. Flawless. I'm kinda jealous haha.