Lasercombs? ALL experiences and opinions here pls!

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Update:

So i've been using my helmet for over 2 months now.

Definately no dramatic improvements, my male pattern baldness is still on a path of destruction make no mistake about it.

BUT i definately think the helmet has helped slow down my shedding. The overall cosmetic appearance varies but sometimes i would avoid washing my hair completely out for 2-3 days (as i'd have it sitting perfectly with toppik and hairspray....not sure if anyone can relate to this or not). It used to be that after this period of time id have ALOT of hair in my hands in the shower. Now, even after a few days, i have a very small amount in comparison.

We'll see it that manifests itself with any tangible improvement in due course, though.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
Update:

So i've been using my helmet for over 2 months now.

Definately no dramatic improvements, my male pattern baldness is still on a path of destruction make no mistake about it.

BUT i definately think the helmet has helped slow down my shedding. The overall cosmetic appearance varies but sometimes i would avoid washing my hair completely out for 2-3 days (as i'd have it sitting perfectly with toppik and hairspray....not sure if anyone can relate to this or not). It used to be that after this period of time id have ALOT of hair in my hands in the shower. Now, even after a few days, i have a very small amount in comparison.

We'll see it that manifests itself with any tangible improvement in due course, though.

How did you make it?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ And got seriously OWNED.
lolsdu.gif

Lasers are in the current "big 3" of hair loss scams.

You could receive the same stimulating "effect" by sitting in warm sunlight.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
lolsdu.gif

You think i didn't do my research or consulted many other people?

The combs are a waste of time but the helmets are potentially useful.

Your comment stinks of ignorance. There is some science behind it.

As i said, my shedding has slowed down. We'll see how it goes. I have low expectations.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
Rogazzle said:
lolsdu.gif

As i said, my shedding has slowed down. We'll see how it goes. I have low expectations.

How do you evaluate your shedding in the 1st place? And how do you distinguish normal shedding vs seasonal and cyclic shedding?

HmmmMMM??

"There is some science behind it" <-- You mean like how there is some science behind apple cider vinegar, green tea, biotin supplements and ceasing masturbation?
lolsdu.gif

You're better off trying my Low Level Lunar Light Therapy.

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/26824

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
Rogazzle said:
lolsdu.gif

Well, you do give credence to things like 'leaky gut syndrome' and 'candida' (and their supporting adherents), so I guess that would explain why any tenuous science supporting "lasers" would be considered just as gospel, to you, after all.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Well we'll see how it goes. There's been various reports of the lazer helmets helping guys across the internet and some people belief in it.

I bought a helmet for a good price knowing i could resell and recover my investment very easily. I also knew that it is 100% safe so it's worth a shot. Remember, i can't use finasteride because of sides so i have to think a little left field.

As for leaky gut / candida. It's a fact. Get over it. Instead of spamming my threads go speak to some medical experts, particularly ones who have dealt with people with autoimmune issues such as HIV. Go do that then come back and apologise to me.

Keep that topic for the other thread by the way.

Thank you.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Mens Rea said:
Rogazzle said:
lolsdu.gif

How do you evaluate your shedding in the 1st place? And how do you distinguish normal shedding vs seasonal and cyclic shedding?

HmmmMMM??

BUMP. Share teh knowlege!

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Rogazzle said:

I heard this somewhere, it sounds like more trouble than it's worth but to answer your question....

The best way is to put a filter, like cheese cloth at the bottom of your shower drain and weigh the hair that collects there with a digital scale. You should also use a lint roller on your pillow cases and bedding, and weigh that as well....

But, I can tell just from the hair on my hands when I shower, and in the drain. When I started finasteride for example the decrease was drastic, and that's not even to mention the inflammation often accompanied with shedding, which you can feel....

^^ Even with assumed objective measurements we are still left with some questions.

When someone states "MY SHEDDING HAS DECREASED" <- yeah OK, how do they rule out seasonal, cyclical, and normal shedding?

A decrease in shedding hardly proves efficacy.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ Clinical pull tests may show efficacy, but we're talking about tightly controlled supervised studies using baseline measurements recorded over months. When you consider the context of the treatment method - lasers, masturbation, ACV, cow dung, etc. etc., then there's serious doubts to someones "MY SHEDDING HAS DECREASED" claim. It has about as much validity to it as subjective anecdotal thinking. The placebo effect runs rampant around these parts.

.5mg to test with topical keto supplementation. My hairloss isn't aggressive. Gots me some different ideas.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Rogazzle said:

I simply made an observation.

As you say to rule out seasonable and cyclical shedding I need to wait a longer period of time to make firmer conclusions.

That said, i don't really have "stages" of shedding; i was shedding all the time at similar rates basically. So when my shedding is noticably reduced, i can tell relatively easily, as is the case here.

It's pretty informal feedback but those are my findings thus far.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Update:

This sustained lack of shedding i have experienced is something i've never had before in recent times. I attribute this wholly to the lazer helmet. There's no two ways about it; it's definately helped.

My hairloss it too agressive for it to save my hair but it's helping a little. I've found my hair is even a little easier to style and put toppik in to fake better coverage so there is perhaps even tangible improvements.

Stay tuned.

I'm only going to be starting TD Progesterone soon. This is for my hormone therapy in attempt to redress my post-finasteride issues, although it IN THEORY can help hairloss too as it counters DHT, which is my case is VERY high (above range).

Mens Rea

Reaction score
What do you think of my bit of kit?

I think the combs are useless in comparison. The really dear stuff might be more powerful again. Apparently Ryan Giggs had been using the strong lazers for a while with some success.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
What do you think of my bit of kit?

I think the combs are useless in comparison. The really dear stuff might be more powerful again. Apparently [REDACTED] had been using the strong lazers for a while with some success.

Fixed!