LaserComb Update

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
One month with the LaserComb and this is what I have to report:

Strange things have been happening to my hair. Good, but strange regardless. I've noticed a texture change. My hair does seem healthier and I'm able to get it to stange up on its own without any gel. It's been a while since I could do that at this hair length (about 4-5 inches long).
I havent noticed any thickening effects yet, though I remain hopeful as it's only been one month. I do think I see more "thick hairs" coming in, but I could just be imagining it. My head is covered in fine hair, not just the top. Sides alike. So, the only reason I appear to be balding is because my hair is thin and shows alot of scalp where it parts at the cowlick at the back of my head. My hope is that the Lasercomb will thicken the hair all over and diminish the appearance of my bald spot.
I have also noticed a decrease in daily shedding. In the shower, before the LaserComb, a majority of the hair was super-fine. I'm now seeing less hair in my hand and the hair that I do find seems to be much thicker (meaning almost twice the thickness of the fine hairs). But strangely, when I look in the mirror, I cant see any changes yet. I notice thicker hairs up close, but when I step back, nothing remarkable.

Thats where I'm at. I know some LC users say that their scalp feels warmer after use, but I dont experience that. I'm hopeful because of guys like Viperfish who say that it does indeed thicken the hair, that the appearance of my bald spot with begin to shrink.

viperfish

Reaction score
Good to hear man. That is kinda what I experienced after one month. Give it at least three months before looking for thickness. My hair keeps getting thicker and every time I go to get my haircut my barber comments on this. Don't forget you have up to 5 months to use this thing with your money back guarantee. After 3 months, make sure you call to extend your warranty to 5 months just in case. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm waiting till the 5 month mark before I post again on the lasercomb.

Ben hur

Reaction score
Where did you buy yours?

From where did you guys buy your laser comb? And do you have the white old one or the blue new one with the beeper?

Thanks!

Met76

Reaction score
I know, for instance, with products like electric razors you should buy replacement razor heads once a year for optimal usage of the product.

With the LaserComb, do you need to replace any parts after a certain amount of time? I noticed that it's pretty expensive at about $650, but I guess it's not that bad if it lasts a lifetime and you don't need to replace anything. Or do you?

viperfish

Reaction score
Nothing has to be replaced. The laser has been shown to work for up to 10 years, but most likely could last longer than that.

Met76

Reaction score
Thanks, Viper. Hmmm, maybe the product isn't all that expensive then if it lasts that long.

Anyway, for those who have used LaserComb, in your own experiences, do you feel like it has given the appearance of thicker, fuller hair, or do you think it actually regrows hair? Or both? I know there is some debate about whether the product actually regrows hair, but I just wanted to get your opinions on it.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ermmm the laser comb isnt ment to affect the hair on your head rather the density of the hair that will grow out of your head in future. Also I checked the FDA site for laser comb and It came up with nothing.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they said the fda doesnt post products that are currently being put through trials .. just products that have been FDA approved on the site