Laser Messiah (lllt Laser Helmet) By Omg

raptor

Reaction score
I bought one from him 10 years ago.
Still use it several times a week. I'm still thinning in a slow rate but it might have slowed down the hair loss. I feel sometimes when I don't use it for a while, I loose hairs faster, but it could just be in my mind. John started with this helmet thing as a tutorial how to build it yourself. After a while he kept getting inquiries from the forum users like me to build one himself and sell to us and that's what he did. He is by means no fraudulent person and actually the opposit. He was extremely helpful when he started. I haven't had contact with him for 8-9 years now.

Gary519

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought one a few years ago. I used it for a while and I think it probably helped with maintenance. Then I suppose I was satisfied with my hair and stopped using it for whatever reason but now will begin to use it again. I actually broke mine and sent it back to him for repairs..my fault it broke. I believe hes a genuine guy and most of the time hes quite responsive.

Anyway I'm interested to try a new idea..not sure if ive posted it before. But what if you saturate your blood with nitric oxide before you use it..like before working out to get pumped. So take a bunch of arginine or citrulline an hour before.
I think that using them both is definitely a good part of a synergistic approach. I use arginine and citrulline for general good health but my timing as to when I take it may change to work better with the helmet now that you mention it.

Hair-today

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a laser helmet from OMG I am looking to sell (I was just about to put it on ebay actually). Original cost of the helmet (from OMG) was well over $1000, and I have barely used it.

I bought it before my son was born and did not realize how little free time I would have :( so I have barely used it (maybe used it twenty times - but this happened in a very un-consistent fashion). Now I just need money :( so I am looking to sell stuff.

I can't tell you if it works, all I know is that when I used it the veins in my head felt like a heavy heart beat (they were pumping a lot of blood, not sure why this happens) and that it mildly warms the head too.

I am looking to sell it for about $800. Please let me know if you are interested.

Hair-today

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a laser helmet from OMG I am looking to sell (I was just about to put it on ebay actually). Original cost of the helmet (from OMG) was well over $1000, and I have barely used it.

I bought it before my son was born and did not realize how little free time I would have :( so I have barely used it (maybe used it twenty times - but this happened in a very un-consistent fashion). Now I just need money :( so I am looking to sell stuff.

I can't tell you if it works, all I know is that when I used it the veins in my head felt like a heavy heart beat (they were pumping a lot of blood, not sure why this happens) and that it mildly warms the head too.

I am looking to sell it for about $800. Please let me know if you are interested.

P.S. Here is a video of someones results using the OMG helmet:

venturerisk

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been in contact with John for the past week, and if anything, I have found that he is too forthcoming in his responses. It literally takes me a few minutes to read his responses to my questions. It was on this basis that I decided to move forward with one of his units. He also answers on his webpage (can't remember where) his thoughts on why more people aren't talking about it. I thought it was a satisfactory explanation.
How is the laser messiah doing for you?

venturerisk

My Regimen
Reaction score

P.S. Here is a video of someones results using the OMG helmet:
Do you still have the laser messiah you want to sell?

venturerisk

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, that is very similar to the way he writes. So much enthusiasm. And that cluttered late 90s website. You just don't see too much of that these days.

I have a laser messiah sitting around and was looking to get rid of it actually. I bought it after a hair transplant, my doctor (Dr. Shelly Friedman in Scottsdale, AZ) told me to get a laser cap and it was half the price of what they were trying to sell me, although not as portable. I used it for almost a year, but didn't notice anything as the reason for the laser according to my doctor, was to hold on to what hair I had, not regrow them. It won't work that way.

I'm honestly pretty disillusioned with hair loss in general and have personally given up. Whether or not laser actually works or not, I'm not sure. If you're wanting to give it a shot, I'm willing to sell you mine at a far reduced price. I actually found this thread just now and finally signed up to HairLossTalk.com solely because I searched google to see who would be interested in buying a laser messiah, hence my first post.

Let me know if you're interested.
Still have have the laser messiah for sale?

Tesla3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I was going to sell mine but decided to keep it. The first few months I saw significant shedding and got frustrated. OMG convinced met to stick with it. Now going into 8 months and using every other day, I have had significant growth in the front and have turned back the clock a couple years on hair loss. Another benefit is my hair is much thicker overall. Itchy scalp has gone away. OMG helmet definitely works for me.

venturerisk

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, that is very similar to the way he writes. So much enthusiasm. And that cluttered late 90s website. You just don't see too much of that these days.

I have a laser messiah sitting around and was looking to get rid of it actually. I bought it after a hair transplant, my doctor (Dr. Shelly Friedman in Scottsdale, AZ) told me to get a laser cap and it was half the price of what they were trying to sell me, although not as portable. I used it for almost a year, but didn't notice anything as the reason for the laser according to my doctor, was to hold on to what hair I had, not regrow them. It won't work that way.

I'm honestly pretty disillusioned with hair loss in general and have personally given up. Whether or not laser actually works or not, I'm not sure. If you're wanting to give it a shot, I'm willing to sell you mine at a far reduced price. I actually found this thread just now and finally signed up to HairLossTalk.com solely because I searched google to see who would be interested in buying a laser messiah, hence my first post.

Let me know if you're interested.

haven't yet heard back from you....still interested in the OMG helmet. Still interested in selling?

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I was going to sell mine but decided to keep it. The first few months I saw significant shedding and got frustrated. OMG convinced met to stick with it. Now going into 8 months and using every other day, I have had significant growth in the front and have turned back the clock a couple years on hair loss. Another benefit is my hair is much thicker overall. Itchy scalp has gone away. OMG helmet definitely works for me.
This is great news! I bought one a few years ago of John as well and stopped using it because of the shed. I’m thinking about giving if another go. Any one else had any positive results?

Boro

My Regimen
Reaction score
at first glance it appears that OMG (overmachogrande) is the no bullshit, home grown supplier of LLLT. You don't have to worry about constantly running a comb through your hair; you cover your whole head at the same time so treatment duration is less; he's got the diffused, proper wave-length lasers and he doesn't charge $3000 for something that costs a fraction of that to make, including R&D.

What I don't get is the lack of recent reviews (only things out on web are from 2012 or earlier) and/or non-company/proprietor driven website commentary. Don't want to part with $1200+ without some verification from a source not directly involved with the company. When I attempted to inquire of the product developer I received less than cooperative responses.

Anyone have any experience with this laser "helmet" device by overmachogrande?

I got a 366 diode helmet from OMG. Been using it 20 mins a day, 4X a week for 3+ years. I regained a goodly amount of territory in the first maybe six months of using it. I did not tell anyone what I was doing. 3 months into it the guy who cuts my hair started asking me what the heck was going on with all the regrowth. After the first six months I have not seen loss or gain. I also use a good shampoo. I do not use any topicals. Yes OMG is a character but after studying his website I felt very good about buying his helmet from him, and continue to be very happy about it. I also do not see many others review their experience of his helmet.

Last edited:

Joseph Roach

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi i have a Laser Messiah 2 Helmet for sale in Canada. Perfect condition 400 Diodes with the SpectraLight sine wave power system. The whole kit was around $1500 delivered i was hoping to sell it for around $750 if anyone is interested

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a 366 diode helmet from OMG. Been using it 20 mins a day, 4X a week for 3+ years. I regained a goodly amount of territory in the first maybe six months of using it. I did not tell anyone what I was doing. 3 months into it the guy who cuts my hair started asking me what the heck was going on with all the regrowth. After the first six months I have not seen loss or gain. I also use a good shampoo. I do not use any topicals. Yes OMG is a character but after studying his website I felt very good about buying his helmet from him, and continue to be very happy about it. I also do not see many others review their experience of his helmet.
one question about low level laser therapy, do you need to have short hair in order for it to work, in other words does the scalp need to be exposed?

mvalley

Reaction score
yeah, use it every other day for 25 minutes. I got frontal growth with the omg unit which i wasn't able to achieve with just finasteride + minoxidil.