Laser Messiah (lllt Laser Helmet) By Omg

venturerisk

My Regimen
Reaction score
at first glance it appears that OMG (overmachogrande) is the no bullshit, home grown supplier of LLLT. You don't have to worry about constantly running a comb through your hair; you cover your whole head at the same time so treatment duration is less; he's got the diffused, proper wave-length lasers and he doesn't charge $3000 for something that costs a fraction of that to make, including R&D.

What I don't get is the lack of recent reviews (only things out on web are from 2012 or earlier) and/or non-company/proprietor driven website commentary. Don't want to part with $1200+ without some verification from a source not directly involved with the company. When I attempted to inquire of the product developer I received less than cooperative responses.

Anyone have any experience with this laser "helmet" device by overmachogrande?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
No experience with that product but I tend to be suspicious of any company with a name like that. OMG, OMG? Aside from that, what are the specs on the device, watts, wavelength spectrum, laser or led, etc?

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought one from him close to 5 years ago. Still use it 3 times a week for 20 minutes a go. I believe it has slowed my hair loss down. But don't expect it to grow thick luscious locks. It won't. It's more of a scalp health, circulation device.
Ever since I started using it, the angry, itchy scalp has gone away. Hair seems thicker at times after using it, but not always. Thing is, you have to use it religiously, 3 days a week. It's not hard, and it is better than running those useless weak combs over your head.
I would only buy one if you're an alternative treatment type of person.
I personally won't rub that minoxidil sh*t on my head or pop any hormone altering dick kill pills. But hey, that's just me.
Buy at your own discretion.

wissywig

Reaction score
I bought one from him close to 5 years ago. Still use it 3 times a week for 20 minutes a go. I believe it has slowed my hair loss down. But don't expect it to grow thick luscious locks. It won't. It's more of a scalp health, circulation device.
Ever since I started using it, the angry, itchy scalp has gone away. Hair seems thicker at times after using it, but not always. Thing is, you have to use it religiously, 3 days a week. It's not hard, and it is better than running those useless weak combs over your head.
I personally won't rub that minoxidil sh*t on my head or pop any hormone altering dick kill pills. But hey, that's just me.

Curious, what's your level of hair loss? I have been viewing his site for a few years and thinking about getting one. My hair loss is the crown and hairline so I thought this might be the way to go, as I am not liking minoxidil and refuse to use finasteride.

venturerisk

My Regimen
Reaction score
No experience with that product but I tend to be suspicious of any company with a name like that. OMG, OMG? Aside from that, what are the specs on the device, watts, wavelength spectrum, laser or led, etc?

I get it...the seemingly unpolished "feel" of the website initially gave me pause as well. But damn the guy has a lot of no bs data on his site and heck...he's a 1/3 of what other similar devices cost. overmachogrande.com is his website. probably best to get information firsthand from there but let me attempt at giving you the basics. Customizable "perforated" foam cap that has holes throughout to receive the laser diodes. The lasers he uses are diffused Aixiz lasers...NOT LEDs. They are 5mW but not sure about the spectrum is 650nm. would appreciate your perspective after you take a look.

venturerisk

My Regimen
Reaction score

Truly appreciate the feedback. I would say that I'm a type II or maybe III...developing widows peaks (losing at front hairline above temples mostly); have some middle evident loss at the crown and then just some overall thinning. I think what I notice most is that my hairs are much thinner (whisper) than in years past. Never have had angry, itchy scalp and I'd say my hairloss is moderate...that being said I don't want it to continue and I'm 41 years old. I don't wanna go down the Min or finasteride roads either. Have experimented with essential oils (rosemary, clary sage, peppermint, etc) but don't notice any noticeable difference. Is the circulation of blood flow to the scalp the key to thicker hair and filling back in of noticeably thinner areas?

John (OMG) is a bit challenging to question and he basically blocked me after my last "inquiry" in which I basically said if your product is that much better why aren't more people talking about it.

Have always been told, even by the pros and the local hair restoration office, that after the first year you will know if LLLT will be effective for you and then you can scale back on the frequency of treatments. Guessing you have contradictory evidence?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
...John (OMG) is a bit challenging to question and he basically blocked me after my last "inquiry" in which I basically said if your product is that much better why aren't more people talking about it...

Tells you something about his customer service. People with good products welcome questions.

wissywig

Reaction score
John (OMG) is a bit challenging to question and he basically blocked me after my last "inquiry" in which I basically said if your product is that much better why aren't more people talking about it.

I've been in contact with John for the past week, and if anything, I have found that he is too forthcoming in his responses. It literally takes me a few minutes to read his responses to my questions. It was on this basis that I decided to move forward with one of his units. He also answers on his webpage (can't remember where) his thoughts on why more people aren't talking about it. I thought it was a satisfactory explanation.

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
at first glance it appears that OMG (overmachogrande) is the no bullshit, home grown supplier of LLLT. You don't have to worry about constantly running a comb through your hair

the guy has a lot of no bs data on his site and heck...he's a 1/3 of what other similar devices cost.

wissywig said:
if anything I have found that he is too forthcoming in his responses

These posts don't read like an ad at ALL

Tell me, in addition to Over Macho Grande being "too forthcoming" and with "excellent customer service" did you also find that he "excels at establishing a new paradigm in hair care that some might call a miracle"?

I think I'll take a crack at it:

Let me tell you... when I first found OMG's laser helmet - I was skeptical. I mean, it sounded too good to be true! Could this weird device really be the answer to my hair loss? I was hopeful, but I obviously had questions.

So I reached out to the owner and within 0.72 seconds of hitting "send" on the email, he had already replied. He answered all of my questions in a way that rivaled anything you could imagine if Socrates himself had dedicated his life to hair loss. After our amazing interaction, I was absolutely giddy to purchase my device.
But OMG had a problem.

He said he liked me too much to sell the unit at a profit. No, instead he was going to give me a full $50 discount on the $3,000 device! Yes, I learned that OMG's margin is a measly 2%. But I insisted to pay full price! And he agreed, sending me the unit that arrived two days ahead of schedule!

I anxiously opened the box. Was the cure for my hair loss truly sitting in front of me? I opened the box and found this object of sheer beauty in front of me. When Herodotus wrote of the unmatched beauty of Atlantis - he hadn't seen OMG's laser helmet.

So I took it for a spin. I already have a Vive, so I'm used to putting heavy crap on my head and sitting still for hours.

Well, I used the laser every day for a year, and at the end I had gone from an NW6 all the way back to an Norwood-2(yes, that's a negative). There is now less than inch of space between my eyebrow and my hairline. One of my(many) new wives called me "Teen wolf now" hahaha!

So in conclusion I highly suggest OMG's laser helmet. I love it so much, I'm now an OMG affiliate. Please click on my affiliate link so you can be taken to the main site.

This unbiased and 100% true story can be verified by my friend Hans on the German forum.

However, if you're thinking about putting this purchase off, I'd warn against it. OMG said he only has 3-4 units left and he's not sure if he'll ever make them again. So if you want one, now is the time!

Yours in Christ - Cinnamon Roll.

AllHailTsuji

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, that is very similar to the way he writes. So much enthusiasm. And that cluttered late 90s website. You just don't see too much of that these days.

I have a laser messiah sitting around and was looking to get rid of it actually. I bought it after a hair transplant, my doctor (Dr. Shelly Friedman in Scottsdale, AZ) told me to get a laser cap and it was half the price of what they were trying to sell me, although not as portable. I used it for almost a year, but didn't notice anything as the reason for the laser according to my doctor, was to hold on to what hair I had, not regrow them. It won't work that way.

I'm honestly pretty disillusioned with hair loss in general and have personally given up. Whether or not laser actually works or not, I'm not sure. If you're wanting to give it a shot, I'm willing to sell you mine at a far reduced price. I actually found this thread just now and finally signed up to HairLossTalk.com solely because I searched google to see who would be interested in buying a laser messiah, hence my first post.

Let me know if you're interested.

nypdz

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, that is very similar to the way he writes. So much enthusiasm. And that cluttered late 90s website. You just don't see too much of that these days.

I have a laser messiah sitting around and was looking to get rid of it actually. I bought it after a hair transplant, my doctor (Dr. Shelly Friedman in Scottsdale, AZ) told me to get a laser cap and it was half the price of what they were trying to sell me, although not as portable. I used it for almost a year, but didn't notice anything as the reason for the laser according to my doctor, was to hold on to what hair I had, not regrow them. It won't work that way.

I'm honestly pretty disillusioned with hair loss in general and have personally given up. Whether or not laser actually works or not, I'm not sure. If you're wanting to give it a shot, I'm willing to sell you mine at a far reduced price. I actually found this thread just now and finally signed up to HairLossTalk.com solely because I searched google to see who would be interested in buying a laser messiah, hence my first post.

Let me know if you're interested.
Joined on august 5th and replied on August 5th.

Gary519

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I feel omg’s helmet is too good on that it is strong enough to get through a good amount of existing hair but needs to be used less minutes if hair is nearly gone. One study I read on shaved mice had 1 jule per cm extending growth phase with 5 Jules working the other way. I had the helmet 5 years now. Stopped using it after several months at 20 moms x3. Recently started finasteride and will use laser 3x wk but at 6 minutes max as opposed to 20.

wissywig

Reaction score

Tell me, in addition to Over Macho Grande being "too forthcoming" and with "excellent customer service" did you also find that he "excels at establishing a new paradigm in hair care that some might call a miracle"?

Let me tell you... when I first found OMG's laser helmet - I was skeptical. I mean, it sounded too good to be true! Could this weird device really be the answer to my hair loss? I was hopeful, but I obviously had questions.

So I reached out to the owner and within 0.72 seconds of hitting "send" on the email, he had already replied. He answered all of my questions in a way that rivaled anything you could imagine if Socrates himself had dedicated his life to hair loss. After our amazing interaction, I was absolutely giddy to purchase my device.
But OMG had a problem.

He said he liked me too much to sell the unit at a profit. No, instead he was going to give me a full $50 discount on the $3,000 device! Yes, I learned that OMG's margin is a measly 2%. But I insisted to pay full price! And he agreed, sending me the unit that arrived two days ahead of schedule!

I anxiously opened the box. Was the cure for my hair loss truly sitting in front of me? I opened the box and found this object of sheer beauty in front of me. When Herodotus wrote of the unmatched beauty of Atlantis - he hadn't seen OMG's laser helmet.

So I took it for a spin. I already have a Vive, so I'm used to putting heavy crap on my head and sitting still for hours.

Well, I used the laser every day for a year, and at the end I had gone from an NW6 all the way back to an Norwood-2(yes, that's a negative). There is now less than inch of space between my eyebrow and my hairline. One of my(many) new wives called me "Teen wolf now" hahaha!

So in conclusion I highly suggest OMG's laser helmet. I love it so much, I'm now an OMG affiliate. Please click on my affiliate link so you can be taken to the main site.

This unbiased and 100% true story can be verified by my friend Hans on the German forum.

However, if you're thinking about putting this purchase off, I'd warn against it. OMG said he only has 3-4 units left and he's not sure if he'll ever make them again. So if you want one, now is the time!

You're trying to be witty, I get it.

This is why people can't get stuff down or agree with anything on this topic. Say something about a protocol or method that someone doesn't agree with and people come up with completely idiotic stuff like this. If you don't want to try it, fine. Stick with the chrome dome you have, use drugs or whatever you feel like. But to claim that people are somehow advertising for a modality or a person making laser helmets because they did their due diligence and decided to go for it?

FWIW it's been about 2.5 months using his helmet. Based on my due diligence with various sites/studies, what I expected to happen has happened, i.e., a somewhat significant initial shed, that has recently literally stopped in its tracks. Noticing how much hair was coming out in the shower for a few weeks to damn near none this week was quite satisfying. I know that a shed is a sign that whatever you're doing is working as weaker hairs are making way for newer, stronger hair. And, to my surprise, I am using less concealer than I was 2 months ago. So I'm glad I made the purchase.

So believe what you want. If you think I'm a shill for a guy that makes these things one at a time with a website that looks like a bookcase of encyclopedias, have at it. I'll keep using the helmet.

Lynnwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I too late to buy a Laser Messiah from OMG? I found his web site a few days ago and emailed him 3 days ago---no answer. I'm afraid he's quit making them!

Is it possible you could find out for me? I'm female age 61 and I really think hisbunit could help me not go bald like my Mom. Minoxidil not helping..

Thanks..

But OMG had a problem.

wissywig

Reaction score
Am I too late to buy a Laser Messiah from OMG? I found his web site a few days ago and emailed him 3 days ago---no answer. I'm afraid he's quit making them!

Is it possible you could find out for me? I'm female age 61 and I really think hisbunit could help me not go bald like my Mom. Minoxidil not helping..

Thanks..
I just got one from him in July. He responded pretty quickly. I would just keep reaching out to him.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought one a few years ago. I used it for a while and I think it probably helped with maintenance. Then I suppose I was satisfied with my hair and stopped using it for whatever reason but now will begin to use it again. I actually broke mine and sent it back to him for repairs..my fault it broke. I believe hes a genuine guy and most of the time hes quite responsive.

Anyway I'm interested to try a new idea..not sure if ive posted it before. But what if you saturate your blood with nitric oxide before you use it..like before working out to get pumped. So take a bunch of arginine or citrulline an hour before.

Tesla3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I have a Laser Messiah just listed on eBay. It’s the 418 diode model. About 5 months old. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.