Laser Comb arrived + a question

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all - everyone in this thread seems to be talking about the Lasercomb and how it seems to work well for the temples. Does the lasercomb not work for the crown area? That's where my problems are!!

I was hoping to get the lasercomb some time this year and use it to thicken up my crown. The hairs there are still terminal hairs (not vellus) but are slowly miniaturising their way into oblivion...

Thanks

Def

G

Def said:
Hey all - everyone in this thread seems to be talking about the Lasercomb and how it seems to work well for the temples. Does the lasercomb not work for the crown area? That's where my problems are!!

I was hoping to get the lasercomb some time this year and use it to thicken up my crown. The hairs there are still terminal hairs (not vellus) but are slowly miniaturising their way into oblivion...

Thanks

Def

I think it should work evrywhere (if it works).

You can only but try.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What up Felllas,

I see this thread has grown with lots of interesting info.

Viper,

How my times do you pass the comb through your scalp?

Im going to be using it Mon, Wed and Fri....

Any tips?

Thanks,
Tony

G

Brasileirao said:
What up Felllas,

I see this thread has grown with lots of interesting info.

Viper,

How my times do you pass the comb through your scalp?

Im going to be using it Mon, Wed and Fri....

Any tips?

Thanks,
Tony

The LaserComb should be used on a "clean scalp" after shampooing either slightly wet or dried. It should be used before applying any other topical treatments, gels or sprays.

Insert the power attachment into the LaserComb.
Plug in the wall adaptor.
Turn on the LaserComb by first switching on the "Power" button and the "Laser" button.
Place the LaserComb flat on your scalp using the 2 rows of teeth.
Move the LaserComb using a "Step" method by placing the LaserComb on a spot and leaving it there for 4 seconds then moving it 1/2 inch to the next spot (mentally counting "one thousand, two thousand, etc." should help with timing).
Comb against the direction of thee hair growth. With long hair, use an ordinary comb to lift the hair in advance of the LaserComb.
Make 2 complete passes with the LaserComb over the whole scalp area in the manner described above.
After treatment turn off both buttons and remove the wall plug.
Notes:

The total time it should take will range between 5-15 minutes.
It is essential to move the LaserComb very slowly because if you move it too fast, the treatment will not be as effective.
Do not overuse the LaserComb, as additional usage may be actually less effective (as the scalp becomes "too used to the treatment").
Save all instructions.

Warnings:
Laser Safety Warnings and Cautions:

Do not stare at the laser light.
Do not stare at the laser light reflected from any reflective surface or shine the laser in or around your eyes.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not allow minors to use lasers.
Never shine a laser at anyone.
Do not point a laser at mirror-like surfaces. A reflected beam can act like a direct beam on the eye.
The use of magnifying optical instruments with this product can cause eye danger.
Do not attempt to repair, enter, alter, or interfere in any way with the workings of this appliance or any part of this appliance.
Use controls and performance procedures only at those specified herein.
Note: This appliance has no user-serviceable parts.

Read all enclosed safety instructions carefully before use.

Badabing!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks MAIN!

Tony

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what made you decide to use the comb? i thought you were doing pretty well on just propecia/nizoral?

viperfish

Reaction score
Yeah, that sums it up pretty good I'd say!!! I pass the comb through my hair slowly making sure I keep the comb flat on my scalp. Usually takes about 15 minutes and I pass the comb through my hair twice. So basically I cover each area of the scalp twice. Make sure you use it on a clean scalp. I use mine when I get out of the shower when my hair has dried. Make sure you use the comb before applying treatments, as mentioned above. Right now I'm not using anything else. I really want to give the comb a fair chance to see what it can do for me. Good luck!

yuppy75

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Yeah, that sums it up pretty good I'd say!!! I pass the comb through my hair slowly making sure I keep the comb flat on my scalp. Usually takes about 15 minutes and I pass the comb through my hair twice. So basically I cover each area of the scalp twice. Make sure you use it on a clean scalp. I use mine when I get out of the shower when my hair has dried. Make sure you use the comb before applying treatments, as mentioned above. Right now I'm not using anything else. I really want to give the comb a fair chance to see what it can do for me. Good luck!

you think its ok to use it 2 hours after applying minoxidil?

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
LC has arrived and I have started treatment today. Will update progress with this product from here on out. Good Luck!!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Viper,

Thanks for the reply!

Trent,

I have seen good results from Propecia, no doubt, but I feel like I need something else to kick it up a notch as far as thickness goes. I figure the LC has some science behind it and doesnt involve applying something to my scalp. I will keep you posted.

Red Rose,

Thanks for the link!

Tony

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
not to get off topic, but how long did it take for you to get results that were cosmetically visible? thanks man.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Trent said:
not to get off topic, but how long did it take for you to get results that were cosmetically visible? thanks man.

It has been a gradual thing. It has taken a few cycles of shedding for hairs to have become thicker and darker. If I had to put a number, I would say 8 + months...

Tony

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
redrose, thanks for the link.

I spotted a few strange things about that site though.

Dr. Alan Bauman is in Boca Raton, FL. As is Hairmax.

Check it out:
http://www.lasercomb.net/contactus.htm
http://baumanmedical.com/Default.aspx?tabid=48

Also, the cute woman featured on the main page of the lasercomb.net site is the same woman featured on Bauman's site.

Check it out:
http://www.lasercomb.net/home.htm
http://baumanmedical.com/Default.aspx?tabid=52

Also, every video about the Lasercomb on Baumans site aired only in the greater Miami area.

Why?
Maybe I'm feeling conspiritorial.

G

My comb arrived this morning.

I will use it tonight for the first time.

I was fairly impressed with what i saw though.

I really hope it thickens up my right temple as it has been looking a bit ropey lately.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think if you can afford it the new Big 5 for regrowth should be:

1) finasteride
2) minoxidil
3) nizoral
4) SOD
5) Laser Comb.

Mmmm I like the look of that regimen.

I think I might get a laser comb too.

Maybe we could all meet up and have a laser comb party! Wahoo!

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering - why are we using the LC only 3x per week? Why not every day? Why not twice a day? Wouldnt we get better/faster results?

I guess this is a question more for Viperfish - you've been using it the longest so far.