Larry David on Conan

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
When asked about whether he worries if women like him for him, or for his fame/money (he is on the dating market); he said women had lots of time to like him for him before his fame and money, but they didnt.

And he also said there is nothing to like in him. That if a woman likes him for him, there must be something wrong with her.

Finally he ended with stuff about how he was very picky in his younger days, and said that ugly people cannot be choosy. Gave an example of a deformed monster looking for pretty women.

One of his quotes from imdb:
If I tried to flirt with a woman and she didn't know who I was, she would run away.

Also this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/1 ... 79579.html

And this dude is the epitome of bald self confidence some baldies propound? :thumbdown2:

s.a.f

Reaction score
cassin said:
Are you serious? Self deprecation is his shtick.

Had'nt you noticed, some people on here...... not too bright. :whistle:

slipy

Reaction score
quite ironic that it was meant in humourus way, theres more truth in his words than he would think. (if he was indeed not being serious).

CaptainForehead said:
And this dude is the epitome of bald self confidence some baldies propound? :thumbdown2:

im usure as to why you'd mention confidence and Larry in the same sentence. he's always crying about baldness and the guy wasn't even bald in his 20's.

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
this is sad to hear. it's obvious that larry david is very cut up by the matter. even though he is always self depricating there seems to be a strong hint of candidness in those remarks. the man has been rejected and he doesn't feel attractive... join the club!

actually, he's still a champion of baldness. i'm definitely in his corner.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
cassin said:
Are you series? Self deprecation is his shtick.

Yes, I know his self deprecation shtick, but that kind of shtick only works if there a hint of truth in it.

seb

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
cassin said:
Are you series? Self deprecation is his shtick.

Yes, I know his self deprecation shtick, but that kind of shtick only works if there a hint of truth in it.

It his own individual way of coping....by making being bald seen as a joke,he is trying too display a care-free attitude,like it doesnt bother him......doesnt wash with me Im afraid.