L-Arginine ... this cant be good for hair loss and another ques....

Reaction score
Sup ppl,

I just picked up 60 pills of 500mg of L-Arginine. I honestly forgot why I bought it so I did a quick google on it. THe first site had to say this about L-Arg.

Deficiency is rare – but signs may include impaired insulin production as well as possible hair loss.
http://www.nzhealth.net.nz/products/l_arginine.html

Yes I know it says rare, but ppl on this forum using this supplement seem to have an opposite reaction. Wha-theDilliYo !??

And a Q about Fina dosage

I just picked up my Rx fina today. They look diff from the pics I saw online. The ones I got are capsules and not tables. There is no way for me to break em. :( I notice some ppl are taking fina (1 - 1.25mg) every other day or 3 times a week. I know Bruce and Axon are in this catagory.

Is it better to take in like that? Just curious.

Redbone

Reaction score
Arginine increases Nitric Oxide which promotes healthy hair growth end of story. It also has nice side sexual effects like increased load and super stamina.

Reaction score
give us your definition of defficiency ** .

Well here is the dictionary's defintion of Deficiency which I go by:

Main Entry: de·fi·cien·cy
Pronunciation: di-'fi-sh&n-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
Date: 1634
1 : the quality or state of being deficient : INADEQUACY
2 : an amount that is lacking or inadequate : SHORTAGE: as a : a shortage of substances necessary to health b : DELETION 2b(1)

So does this mean (according to the link above) that deficiency of L-arg in diet will lead to impaired insulin production and hairloss OR the body becomes deficient due to L-arg and causes these problems ?? I am confused 8O

Redbone

Reaction score
It will also release growth hormone which helps with muscle- if your really inclined and work out adding 600mg of ALph lipoic acid per day will get your muslces pumped all the time. I hear the new ALA-R is even more potent.

I will soon be concocting a steroid replacement in my basement that will make the average male look like a muslce bound freak.

rahezy

Reaction score
Redbone, I find your ideas intriguing and I'd like to suscribe to your newsletter. :)

How much a day is recommended for l-arginine?

G

I would say about 2000 - 3000mg of arginine daily on an empty stomach is a good low dose. I think its recommended that you start of at a very low dose then work upto say 2000mg or 3000mg over a period of a few weeks. Stuff does wonders for Mr. Boner.

garthbrooks

Established Member
Reaction score
More Arginine/Lysine Info

I read today that using 1,200mg of arginine, and 1200mg of lysine simultaneously can produce 10times the amount of HGH than just 1200mg of arginine alone.

Also i read something contradictory to something i'm sure we all read. It said it is best to take the amino acids in the morning rather than night, because at night time is when our body naturally produces HGH, so it is not neccessary at night, and can make the pituitary gland dependant, and lazy. By taking it during the day we're not interferring with the natural production, and are producing HGH additionally during the day.

Does anyone know about the truth of these findings? Tynan maybe?

Redbone

Reaction score
I started at 2000mg rite off the bat and it did wonders for me. For me it does not make a difference wether its on an empty stomach or not. It does do wonders for the willy and I would stack it with Orithine not Lysine. Orithine eventually gets broken down into Arginine anyway so lees is needed. they say a 1 to 3 ratio is good. For every thousand Arginine use 300mg Orithine. Orithine is expenive though. The best one i have heard is Arginine- AlphaKetogluterate the stuff in NO2 but it is way to expensive now. The same guy that discovered Creatine for EAS supplements discovered this sh*t about a year ago.

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: L-Arginine ... this cant be good for hair loss and another ques

Johnny Tightlips said:
I just picked up my Rx fina today. They look diff from the pics I saw online. The ones I got are capsules and not tables. There is no way for me to break em. .

Capsules? Out of all of the posts about finasteride I have read I have never heard of a finasteride capsule.

Are you sure you don't mean Avodart? I know those are Capsules.

Could you post a pic of them?

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in upping their HGH through supplementing amino acids I recommend going to BAC and taking a look at their products (they take all the guess work out of it for you).

Reaction score
Cassin writes
Capsules?

YEa capsules. And I am 100% positive they aint avodart. I went to my Doctor, and got a legit Rx for Fina and went to a legit pharmacy to get these pills. I know pharmacies usually compound the drugs (as minoxidil 5% here in canada is not readyly available ... they compound it to make a 2 month supply for $120 CDN ...ouch ). The pills are about 1/4'' see thru capsules w/ white and blue powder.

So I am guess thats why they are in this form. I aint doubting if it is legit or not, as I am sure it is 100% fina. Just wondering if anyone else got em in this format or any other way (ppl who get their fina from thier nieghbourhood drug-store).

here is a pic of my Fina pills.

fina.jpg

garthbrooks

Established Member
Reaction score
I read on another site that the study was with Arginine Pyroglutamate not Arginine. Arginine Pyroglutamate and L-Lysine together.

G

L-arginine and L-lysine cancel each other out. No point in taking them both together.

G

Zimmy

....."L-arginine and L-lysine cancel each other out. No point in taking them both together.".....

It is not really as simple as 'they cancel each other out', they both compete for entrance through the blood brain barrier, this competition can be avoided by using, as Garthbrooks pointed out, Arginine Pyroglutamate instead of plain 'ol Arginine, as these two don't compete. The result of stacking the two is a synergistc one with results showing biologically active hormone response up to TEN times that of just Arginine.

I have tried for years to find cheap Arginine Pyroglutamate for sale anywhere in the UK with no luck, so I use L-Ortinine if I want to stack aminos. but I have seen it start to appear on the internet in the last couple of years, so I might try and get some as L-Orthinine is around twice the cost of L-Arginine.

redbone

I have always read and understood a ratio of 1:2 L-Orthinine/L-Arginine to be the generally excepted best option, say like 2.5g Orthinine to 5g Arginine, this ratio runs throughout work by Dr Ronald Katz, Pearson and Shaw.

It really is best to take your amino acids on an empty stomach as if not most of the amino acid can be destroyed on the way through by normal digestive process before it gets to the large/ small intestines where it is passed to the blood. So if you are getting results taking this stuff with your twinkys and coke, image the size of your 'man pencil' when you start using it correctly (the aminos that is, not your giant c***).

Garthbrooks

...."Also i read something contradictory to something i'm sure we all read. It said it is best to take the amino acids in the morning rather than night, because at night time is when our body naturally produces HGH, so it is not neccessary at night, and can make the pituitary gland dependant, and lazy. By taking it during the day we're not interferring with the natural production, and are producing HGH additionally during the day."....

Take your amino acids at night.....you boost your natural GH spurt which occurs at the start of the nights sleep. (make sure you take em' 45 minutes to an hour before sleep)

Take your amino acids in the morning or afternoon only if you are about to do some exercise to boost the natural exercise induced release of GH, (make sure you take em' 45 minutes to an hour before exercise)

...."can make the pituitary gland dependant, and lazy"....

This is true so like Lance Armstrong Cycle your amino acids. There are two reasons that you should cycle, that is, use them for a period of time and then go off them for a period of time. first, all hormones in the body work via a delicate, complex feedback mechinisms, with one hormone signaling another to turn on or off in response to the amount of hormone circulating in the body. By continually suppling the hormone from outside you can interrupt the natural feedback mechanism, there is an art and science to cycling, except for basic vitamin, mineral and anitoxidant supplements, cycling any substance is recomended. your body will adjust to most things and the response you are looking for will be attenuated and you don't want that.

Ty
(with the vast knowledge of God)