KY19382, a novel activator of Wnt/β-catenin signaling, promotes hair re-growth and hair follicle neogenesis

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Abstract​

Background and purpose: The promotion of hair regeneration and growth heavily depends on the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the hair follicle, including dermal papilla (DP). KY19382, one of the newly synthesized analogs of indirubin-3'-monoxime (I3O), was identified as a Wnt/β-catenin signaling activator via inhibition of the interaction between CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 (CXXC5) and Dishevelled (Dvl) interaction. Given the close relationship between the Wnt/β-catenin signaling and hair regeneration, we investigated the effect of KY19382 on hair re-growth and hair follicle neogenesis.
Experimental approach: In vitro hair induction effects of KY19382 was performed in human dermal papilla cells. The hair elongation effects of KY19382 was confirmed through the human hair follicle and vibrissa culture system. In vivo hair regeneration abilities of KY19382 was identified in three models: hair regrowth, wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis (WIHN) and hair patch assays using C57BL/6 mice. The hair regeneration abilities were analyzed by immunoblotting, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and immunohistochemical staining.
Key results: KY19382 activated Wnt/β-catenin signaling and elevated the ALP expression and proliferation marker PCNA in DP cells. KY19382 also increased hair length in ex vivo cultured mouse vibrissa and human hair follicles and induced hair regrowth in mice. Moreover, KY19382 significantly promoted the generation of de novo hair follicles as shown by WIHN and hair patch assays.
Conclusion and implications: These results indicate that KY19382 is a potential therapeutic drug that exhibits effective hair regeneration ability via activation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling for alopecia treatments.
Keywords: CXXC5; Dermal papilla cells; GSK-3β; Wnt/β-catenin signaling; neogenesis.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have seen some people mentioning KY, which if I understand is already available from labs.
Anyone experimented with it?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen some people mentioning KY, which if I understand is already available from labs.
Anyone experimented with it?
There is a group buy happening right now I think. I saw in a different thread that they are expecting it in 1-2 months. The exciting aspect of it seems to be the mention of de novo hair follicles. That would pretty much be a first from any treatment other then wounding.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK I Think I would like to join this group buy. If someone knows let me know.

Nomiea7

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to join as well please. If someone can help out on how to be a part of the group buy, it would be great!

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe most group buys for KY have already started and the orders are finalised and been placed. Some users have already received their KY and started it. I imagine you'd have to start your own group buy or wait until the next one.

Last edited:

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a discord server for the group buys/discussion of the results and side effects?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how risky is this thing, what with the whole wnt -> cancer angle?

There is a group buy happening right now I think. I saw in a different thread that they are expecting it in 1-2 months. The exciting aspect of it seems to be the mention of de novo hair follicles. That would pretty much be a first from any treatment other then wounding.

Aren't they talking about KY applied in conjunction with wounding? They say wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how risky is this thing, what with the whole wnt -> cancer angle?

Aren't they talking about KY applied in conjunction with wounding? They say wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis.
I thought that the drug induced those factors. When you read this it seems not;

Moreover, KY19382 significantly promoted the generation of de novo hair follicles as shown by WIHN and hair patch assays.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing that induces neogenesis without wounding is supraphysiological shh, which causes cancer.

Nomiea7

My Regimen
Reaction score
So from my understanding is, you don't need to dermaroll, stamp, etc. and that this can potentially regrow dormant hairs as hair follicles never really die (fully bald temples) correct?

Also wouldn't Dermarolling allow for better absorption of the solution?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys are still interested in KY, theres a group buy being organized as we speak. We only need like 2ish more serious people. Its 400$/gr , 1.5gr for year supply. Heres an invite link https://discord.gg/j7gcrGsw, its first come first serve. The link will only work for 5 people.

Last edited: