Kintor Pharmaceutical announces Pyrilutamide clinical trials

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
They wouldn't push USA trials forward with the same speed if they knew there was red flags in the test data. You can wait for USA trails all you want, the rest of us will be using it for years by then.
I really hope it works but I've seen many promising candidates fail miserably. The reality is that finding a cure for anything is not easy and we've had very very slow progress toward fighting illnesses. Balding is very difficult to prevent because it's a genetic disorder.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope it works but I've seen many promising candidates fail miserably. The reality is that finding a cure for anything is not easy and we've had very very slow progress toward fighting illnesses. Balding is very difficult to prevent because it's a genetic disorder.
Okay but the product is not failing, so why is this relevant? Can you not just be happy that something is going in the right direction instead of putting a negative spin on every positive development?

This isn't a new pathway, it's a topical anti androgen. It's not going to fail at this point unless the results don't impress past the 6 month point, which is unlikely given it's relative strength to what we already know works but isn't approved for Androgenetic Alopecia. The degrader could fail, but that's a different conversation.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay but the product is not failing, so why is this relevant? Can you not just be happy that something is going in the right direction instead of putting a negative spin on every positive development?

This isn't a new pathway, it's a topical anti androgen. It's not going to fail at this point unless the results don't impress past the 6 month point, which is unlikely given it's relative strength to what we already know works but isn't approved for Androgenetic Alopecia. The degrader could fail, but that's a different conversation.
unlikely? CB cough. also systemic sexual side effects

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
unlikely? CB cough. also systemic sexual side effects
CB and Pyalutamide are completely different compounds, actually not even comparable. CB is supposed to be hydrophobic and any sexual sides were caused by it crashing the HPTA axis.

Also, sexual side effects in a small observable amount of people will not stop this from being approved nor have any effect on the actual hair results in the trial (what I was actually referring to), half the drugs on the market are approved with notably worse sides then lower libido or ED. We already know from the dosing chart that the tested amount is not strong enough to even be detected in the serum.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
a small observable amount of people will not stop this from being approved
i dont care if it will be approved if the people who rely on this aka the people who cannot use finasteride get sexual sides. like, for anyone that is not sensitive to finasteride they can use finasteride anyway. this is for most of us here who cannot tolerate it even in small amounts. i do not believe that they will be able to tolerate any anti androgen. maybe not even the AR degrader. and maybe not the iRNA inhibitor. these could all go systemic and then for this group of people there is not a single promising thing on the horizon

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont care if it will be approved if the people who rely on this aka the people who cannot use finasteride get sexual sides. like, for anyone that is not sensitive to finasteride they can use finasteride anyway. this is for most of us here who cannot tolerate it even in small amounts. i do not believe that they will be able to tolerate any anti androgen. maybe not even the AR degrader. and maybe not the iRNA inhibitor. these could all go systemic and then for this group of people there is not a single promising thing on the horizon
HMI-115 would be the only promising thing then sure.

Like I said to the other guy, why even come in this thread if you just want to whine? If you have no hope of taking this compound but decide to come in here and complain about it's success you're just wasting everyone's time. Not everyone who can handle finasteride magically has perfect hair, lots of people are still losing ground need something like this.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HMI-115 would be the only promising thing then sure.

Like I said to the other guy, why even come in this thread if you just want to whine? If you have no hope of taking this compound but decide to come in here and complain about it's success you're just wasting everyone's time. Not everyone who can handle finasteride magically has perfect hair, lots of people are still losing ground need something like this.

this entire field is so cucked

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's a good reason to assume that men sensitive to AR inhibitors are guaranteed to experience side effects from nonsteroidal topical antiandrogens. Two completely different mechanisms and the latter cannot affect hormone levels. This is just doomer talk.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool. Do you think these companies are just f*****g with you or something? Or could it be that the condition is complex and they don't have a better solution to offer you? Balding sucks but playing the eternal victim is worse.
i think they are not trying hard enough

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's a good reason to assume that men sensitive to AR inhibitors are guaranteed to experience side effects from nonsteroidal topical antiandrogens. Two completely different mechanisms and the latter cannot affect hormone levels. This is just doomer talk.
kintor is a steroidal anti androgen last time i check and thats probably the effective one, CB is garbage.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's China. Don't believe the data until the trials in the USA are done.
yes kintor is a very smart company, they invest millions of $ in studies and fda approval process while faking data in china knowing they wont get approval in the US due to inconsistencies. they do this just for the giggles of it

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i also do not believe the data, i am the one suggetsing it may well have systemic impact. same with olix, AR degrader.. people who get finasteride sides might not get served by anything for well over a decade

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
kintor is a steroidal anti androgen last time i check and thats probably the effective one, CB is garbage.
Now that you mention it, I can't find anything specifying whether it's steroidal or not. I would just assume not given that all previous topicals have been non-steroidal. I can't imagine why you would want a steroidal anti-androgen if you're just going for local activity.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I can't find anything specifying whether it's steroidal or not. I would just assume not given that all previous topicals have been non-steroidal. I can't imagine why you would want a steroidal anti-androgen if you're just going for local activity.
what is their justification for why systemic effects are not occuring? clearly if they trial this for acne it needs zero systemic impact as an anti androgen in a teenager can cause major developmental issues. so they must be convinced they can pass fda on that front