Kintor Pharmaceutical announces Pyrilutamide clinical trials

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score

Wuyuu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor has already finished the phase II trial in China. They claimed that the drug is very safe and well tolerated but didn't mention any about its effectiveness.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor has already finished the phase II trial in China. They claimed that the drug is very safe and well tolerated but didn't mention any about its effectiveness.
would they hold that back if the results were good?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the link:

Pyrilutamide, a topical AR antagonist with a specific target, can inhibit the combination of androgen receptor and androgen in hair follicle sebaceous glands, thereby treating androgenetic alopecia and acne.

It targets the AR AND androgen itself?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the link:

Pyrilutamide, a topical AR antagonist with a specific target, can inhibit the combination of androgen receptor and androgen in hair follicle sebaceous glands, thereby treating androgenetic alopecia and acne.

It targets the AR AND androgen itself?
Just the combination of the ligand and receptor. What they mean by «combination» is the binding. So it’s just a regular AR antagonist.

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then how exactly is Pyrilutamide safer than Finasteride?
In theory its anti-androgen receptor effect would only be active in the scalp. Sexual side effects would literally not be possible if that's the case. According to the phase 1 trials the only reported side effect was contact dermatitis so they might have managed it, remains to be seen.

This isn't anything totally unheard of either. Fluridil was also designed in such a way that it didn't go systemic, it just doesn't seem to be very effective. If Pyrilutamide manages to be at least as effective as RU without the sides then that's a major breakthrough.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
They aren’t holding them back. Kintor is simply working on putting together the clinical trial report. This will take a couple of months.
Honestly, I doubt it. At the very least say it is effective or not. There are other dangerous side effects that can happen as well that have nothing to do with sex drive.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I doubt it. At the very least say it is effective or not. There are other dangerous side effects that can happen as well that have nothing to do with sex drive.
They have already confirmed they are working on the clinical trial report. Coming out Q4.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
They did say it was effective & safe. They said it hit the primary end point (efficacy) and that no serious adverse reactions were observed. On top of this they green lit phrase 2 in the USA and are pushing into phase 3 in China this year.

What more do you want? This is the quickest any company has developed a new Androgenetic Alopecia drug, probably ever.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
They did say it was effective & safe. They said it hit the primary end point (efficacy) and that no serious adverse reactions were observed. On top of this they green lit phrase 2 in the USA and are pushing into phase 3 in China this year.

What more do you want? This is the quickest any company has developed a new Androgenetic Alopecia drug, probably ever.
Let's start with the obvious. You can't trust China. I'm waiting for the USA trials to finish.

Wuyuu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor has always been developing new drugs since 2009 when it was established but it has nothing come to the market by now. I believe they would use more exaggerated words to describe the result instead of "hit the primary end point" if the drug is more effective than finasteride and minoxidil. Anyway, I still hope the miracle could happen this time.

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's start with the obvious. You can't trust China. I'm waiting for the USA trials to finish.
lol at thinking the FDA is more trustworthy at this point. The same organization that greenlit Vioxx. Maybe 50 years ago they were the best in the world. Been a while since then. Ultimately these Chinese companies have the same goal, sell an effective drug. I trust them about as much as I would any pharma company.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
but rats do not have male pattern baldness do they? those "shaving" experiments do not resemble the pathology of MBP
No, but they do have similar hair. Mouse studies/experiments are not always bad. Anything that initiates and extends the anagen phase will work to treat male pattern baldness. Whatever AA works better in mice will likely work better in humans too. The only caveat being how metabolism of the drug varies between the two species