Kintor Pharmaceutical Announced U.S. FDA Has Greenlighted Phase II Clinical Trial for Pyrilutamide to Treat Androgenetic Alopecia

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm at norwood 2.5 or 3. I have photos here https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/25mg-finasteride-journey.132724/

I started at .25mg of finasteride but now I'm at 1mg. I recommend getting on finasteride now and try to save as much hair as possible immediately. These companies are not guaranteed to succeed. At norwood 2 or lower you are going to get the best results possible.
Yeah I'm already on 1 mg finasteride ED for about 1.5 months now, no sides or anything. Though I would say I'm currently below baseline I've lost some more density especially on the crown. I hear with finasteride it sometimes gets worse before it gets better so I'm hoping for the best.

I was thinking of getting on minoxidil too, but I think I'll just wait it out with finasteride for now and hope some of these companies pull thru

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm already on 1 mg finasteride ED for about 1.5 months now, no sides or anything. Though I would say I'm currently below baseline I've lost some more density especially on the crown. I hear with finasteride it sometimes gets worse before it gets better so I'm hoping for the best.

I was thinking of getting on minoxidil too, but I think I'll just wait it out with finasteride for now and hope some of these companies pull thru
Yup that's my experience so far but instead of the crown it's the left temple. Lost ground on that side and I feel like sh*t when I see it up close as I get a good idea what baldness could look like. I'll wind up dying alone basically.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll wind up dying alone basically.
Lol nahh, I'm confident we're gonna have NW0 Chad hairlines by 2030 haha

finasteride to maintain hair you already have, hopefully KY + BAY to grow new hair, if not that then hair cloning (which I'm less optimistic of the timeline)

I saw your pictures though, if you stay on finasteride and maintain you could easily get a hair transplant and go back to NW1. That's if you want to go the hair transplant route though.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol nahh, I'm confident we're gonna have NW0 Chad hairlines by 2030 haha

finasteride to maintain hair you already have, hopefully KY + BAY to grow new hair, if not that then hair cloning (which I'm less optimistic of the timeline)

I saw your pictures though, if you stay on finasteride and maintain you could easily get a hair transplant and go back to NW1. That's if you want to go the hair transplant route though.
I did my homework on hair transplants and I won't go through with it unless one of 4 things happen

1. They are able to not create scars (verteporfin)
2. Stemson or tsuji create unlimited donor hair that results in permanent hair
3. I am confident I could maintain my native hair for life with treatment...

Or

4. The nuclear option, if finasteride isn't stopping it and I lost ground and dating becomes impossible I'd have to jump on dutasteride and get surgery.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my homework on hair transplants and I won't go through with it unless one of 4 things happen

Or

4. The nuclear option, if finasteride isn't stopping it and I lost ground and dating becomes impossible I'd have to jump on dutasteride and get surgery.

Dutasteride and Finasteride would probably be 2 of the least effective treatments in the years to come including their huge potential side effects profile

You may even able to hold off hairloss just based on using Kintors Pyrilutamide or GT20029.

Then I'd expect maybe mRNA or CRISPR type of treatment to be released before both Tsuji and Stemson for a much cheaper price.

Stemson recently released an article saying they still need a few* more years to complete R&D, so it's quite far away from releasing.

Last edited:

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Or

I think you can add Yokohoma University and Tissuse SHT in your 2nd point. Plus, as Micky_007 said, since Steamson recenlty said that they will need more years to complete their R&D, now I guess the closest release of hair clone should be Yokohoma University (I read a interview with one of the main researchs and he is very optimistic. Also they are aiming start human trials in 2023).

And should add a Fourth point: Treatment with Bayer Prolactin Receptor. It should work with young and middle age guys by restoring the vellus hair, miniaturized by DHT, to terminal hair.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The phase II clinical trial was a multicenter, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study to assess the efficacy and safety of KX-826 for the treatment of male Androgenetic Alopecia adults (N=120). The primary endpoint for the trial was the change from baseline in non-vellus target area hair counts (TAHC) at week 24 in comparison with placebo.
The majority of adverse events (AEs) were mild and no serious adverse event (SAE) was reported. KX-826 was well-tolerated and no new safety signals were observed. Detailed data will be released later upon the finalization of the clinical study report. 5mg (0.5%) KX-826 was determined as the dose to be taken into phase III clinical trial in China, which we expect to kick off the work in Q4 2021.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These topicals may stifle DHT, but may do nothing for the damaged capillaries underneath. They may help follicles/hair shaft/capillaries still halfway functioning, but what about the dormant ones?

sevenseers

Reaction score
Very exciting news from Kintor. I would really be happy if we had an alternative to finasteride, even if the results are not much better I'm sure we can all agree we would prefer not to mess with our hormones.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's great news. Hopefully Kintor uses the Phase 2 trial results from China and submits it to the FDA in the USA to bypass the phase 2 trials in USA. That would allow Pyrilutamide to jump to Phase 3 along with China.

That would be seriously awesome.

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's great news. Hopefully Kintor uses the Phase 2 trial results from China and submits it to the FDA in the USA to bypass the phase 2 trials in USA. That would allow Pyrilutamide to jump to Phase 3 along with China.

That would be seriously awesome.
No chance that happens. They will want to review the drug themselves with the USA trials first. I'm pretty sure there is a USA trial still in phase 2. I don't blame them honestly. I invest and I avoid Chinese stocks because of their corruption (see luck n coffee).

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked at the phase I published results and the highest dose they used was 20mg from what I found.
If true that’s actually quite promising as cb was used at 7.5% or 75mg per ml in their studies. Usually in phase 1 studes they give a dose way higher than needed to be effective to test safety. If that was also the case in this phase 1 then perhaps we could see it used at like 0.5% concentration ( who knows) which would actually be very exciting as that would mean a dramatically increased potency compared to what we have now. I hope this is the case but am not going to get excited until I see phase 2 results at minimum which are very promising. We all remember how trash CB was don’t we

EDIT: nvm it’s 20mg used 4x per day… so f*****g dead

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked at the phase I published results and the highest dose they used was 20mg from what I found.
If true that’s actually quite promising as cb was used at 7.5% or 75mg per ml in their studies. Usually in phase 1 studes they give a dose way higher than needed to be effective to test safety. If that was also the case in this phase 1 then perhaps we could see it used at like 0.5% concentration ( who knows) which would actually be very exciting as that would mean a dramatically increased potency compared to what we have now. I hope this is the case but am not going to get excited until I see phase 2 results at minimum which are very promising. We all remember how trash CB was don’t we

Isn't phase 1 suppose to determine if the drug will cause severe harm? Either way, I'm waiting for the US phase 2 results.

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where do you see 20mg x 4? The release says the P3 dosage will be 5mg per day