Kintor new AR degrader w/o side effects

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? From what i understood AR degrader do not completely destroy the AR forever, the human body regenerate that sh*t better than it regenerates hair lmao, still need continued use.

The only thing that could allow you to buy some years before having to obsess over your scalp again is HMI, and the fact that people from the GB reports shedding after cessation of SMI treatment doesn't look particularly good for that part, tho it's hard to tell with that.
Smi does not equal hmi

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, the existence of the theory for AR upregulation comes from the fact that it has been observed in the prostate of cancer patients. It's actually never been observed anywhere else, which is why we don't know if things like finasteride or topical AAs can cause it.

The upregulation is the only thing that explain how in 6 month cb stop working , how in 2 years finasteride hair count start to go down (based on FDA) .
And by stop working i mean the body found a way to overcome its effect

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The upregulation is the only thing that explain how in 6 month cb stop working , how in 2 years finasteride hair count start to go down (based on FDA) .
And by stop working i mean the body found a way to overcome its effect
I don't think that's true about finasteride, but I have no idea about CB (although I doubt upregulation is a thing from 6 months of use). The increase of hair from CB at the start could have been due to something else, like a temporary spike in E from T (the more common thing CB can compete with) not binding to the receptor. Without more data we don't know how long it maintained, all we know is that the gains disappeared. If AR were that easy to upregulate, how would any prostate cancer treatment ever work?

The DHT inhibition of finasteride on the scalp never goes beyond 30-40% as far as I'm aware. The more likely scenario is that the initial lesser DHT amount if able to hold off the loss for a certain period of time for each person, but damage still happens on a more slow pace. Eventually your cells just become more prone to damage, just as any cell does as you age.

Why would we expect 30% inhibition of DHT to prevent 100% of damage?

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that's true about finasteride, but I have no idea about CB (although I doubt upregulation is a thing from 6 months of use). The increase of hair from CB at the start could have been due to something else, like a temporary spike in E from T (the more common thing CB can compete with) not binding to the receptor. If AR were that easy to upregulate, how would any prostate cancer treatment ever work?

The DHT inhibition of finasteride on the scalp never goes beyond 30-40% as far as I'm aware. The more likely scenario is that the initial lesser DHT amount if able to hold off the loss for a certain period of time for each person, but damage still happens on a more slow pace. Eventually your cells just become more prone to damage, just as any cell does as you age.

In both cases either the body create more AR , or the AR become more sensetive

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
In both cases either the body create more AR , or the AR become more sensetive
If it were that simple it would have been more easily observed. The fact that it hasn't should probably tell us there is something else going on.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that's true about finasteride, but I have no idea about CB (although I doubt upregulation is a thing from 6 months of use). The increase of hair from CB at the start could have been due to something else, like a temporary spike in E from T (the more common thing CB can compete with) not binding to the receptor. Without more data we don't know how long it maintained, all we know is that the gains disappeared. If AR were that easy to upregulate, how would any prostate cancer treatment ever work?

Do you know how long upregulation typically takes?

Why would CB cause a temporary spike in T and why only temporary? If you're thinking it takes up T's place in the receptor, thus causing more free T, which then leads to more E, it's DHT that binds to the receptor in absence of CB, not T. And, again, if that's the reason, why would the increase in E from T be temporary?

What sort of AAs are used in prostate cancer?

If it were that simple it would have been more easily observed. The fact that it hasn't should probably tell us there is something else going on.

You mean more easily observed in medical studies generally or in CB studies? Because if you mean the latter, I'm not sure anyone was looking for it.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know how long upregulation typically takes?

Why would CB cause a temporary spike in T and why only temporary? If you're thinking it takes up T's place in the receptor, thus causing more free T, which then leads to more E, it's DHT that binds to the receptor in absence of CB, not T. And, again, if that's the reason, why would the increase in E from T be temporary?

What sort of AAs are used in prostate cancer?

You mean more easily observed in medical studies generally or in CB studies? Because if you mean the latter, I'm not sure anyone was looking for it.
You don't think people would be looking for AR upregulation in other tissues other then the prostate?

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Although androgens down-regulate AR mRNA in most cell lines and tissues, including the prostate, up-regulation occurs in some tissues."

normally increased levels of androgens do not increase AR expression thus this theory is wuite unlikely. also what do people referr to when they talk about receptor sensitivity? what does that even mean? from my understanding sensitivity of a single receptor is not a thing, you can talk about an entire cell line being sensitive to something based on how much receptor they express, increased sensitivity sould then merely be an upregulation of the transcription of those receptors, not that a sinlge binding xomplex produces different biological results.

biologically it makes sense for androgens to dosnregulate the AR unless the cells are fucked up and want to stay in a stage of hyper growth like prostate cancer. when you have an excess of androgens, you do not need that many receptors to fulfill the same effect on downstream genes, when you have very few androgens you want to have more receptors so you can get the most out of the few you have and

if there us upregulation such processes can take place within hours, as fast as it takes for the androgen to reach the promoter region or whatever it attaches to and then to make the proteins i think.

you will indeed have more androgens in the scalp because they cannot attsch to their receptors. these floatinf androgens could out compete CB if CB is not present in large enough quantities. remember if yiu bring CB directly to the follicle it is very potent in fact.

so no doubt there will be more DHT present in the follicle but this would be the case from day one not just after 6 months so they anomaly in their data i think cannot be explained this way

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You didn't answer the CB T->E question. I don't know what point you're making with the question.
Because I don't even know what you're asking. CB is going to displace a lot more T then DHT due to it's low binding affinity.

Look at finasteride. The majority of the excess growth you get when you start finasteride is due to T spiking E when it can't be converted to DHT, yet that growth doesn't continue past that initial 6~ months. The difference is that the lower androgen environment actually lets you maintain. With CB, it isn't strong enough to maintain and you probably lose whatever benefit you get as a result.

Just a guess, because I think AR upregulation is a stupid theory to explain a complex process.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I don't even know what you're asking. CB is going to displace a lot more T then DHT due to it's low binding affinity.

Look at finasteride. The majority of the excess growth you get when you start finasteride is due to T spiking E when it can't be converted to DHT, yet that growth doesn't continue past that initial 6~ months. The difference is that the lower androgen environment actually lets you maintain. With CB, it isn't strong enough to maintain and you probably lose whatever benefit you get as a result.

Just a guess, because I think AR upregulation is a stupid theory to explain a complex process.
thats not true about finasteride

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How is it going to displace more T than DHT??? If it binds to the receptor then DHT, which normally binds to it, can't. If it's gonna cause more free hormone of any kind it's going to be DHT.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CB can't out compete DHT for the receptor. It can out compete T. It's binding affinity is too weak.

As far as I know it can't outcompete T either. Although the way that CB-03-01 is designed isn't to compete with it's power from raw binding affinity. It's more that CB-03-01 is flooded into the scalp in large doses meaning that enough CB-03-01 surrounds the receptor so there's no "space" for T/DHT to bind.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know it can't outcompete T either. Although the way that CB-03-01 is designed isn't to compete with it's power from raw binding affinity. It's more that CB-03-01 is flooded into the scalp in large doses meaning that enough CB-03-01 surrounds the receptor so there's no "space" for T/DHT to bind.
It still can't outcompete all DHT, otherwise RU/CB would be curative for maintenance and we all know they are not. I was just using deduction to make a guess that more T was displaced then DHT, resulting in a growth trend from increased E.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It still can't outcompete all DHT, otherwise RU/CB would be curative for maintenance and we all know they are not. I was just using deduction to make a guess that more T was displaced then DHT, resulting in a growth trend from increased E.
I don't really buy the story, but in that scenario where CB's effect is down to increased E, why does the effect stop after 6 months?