Kerasome?

leg366

Reaction score
hello

I have used it, but you should know I I have longish wavy hair (female). It was supermessy but I hate toppik and dermatch. It smudges a bit at the hairline and you have to clean up but I did think the cosmetic result was better.

Leg

popscene

Reaction score
Kerasome looks like good option. I think I will try it. I cant wear shaved head as there still could be seen the shadows of my male pattern baldness pattern on the shaved head. I do not wear the cap anymore so this concealer could be an option.

They say you could combine it with gels etc. so I hope that minoxidil and eucapil I use will not be a problem. I will only need to switch just to minox5 from current xandrox15 as the xandrox15 has to be showered off after hour or so as it really never dries on your scalp.

If this kerasome works good (I have to wait as my hair is too short for it at the moment) and the people will ask me how do I improve my hair I will answer that I am using some gel for thickening my existing hair. That is all. I hope I will not be fooling them too much by this. It is not like you wearing a rug or something, is it?

I have been waiting too long for some accetable look from using drugs. I just want to go out with some descent looking hair on my head:)

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: hello

leg366 said:
I have used it, but you should know I I have longish wavy hair (female). It was supermessy but I hate toppik and dermatch. It smudges a bit at the hairline and you have to clean up but I did think the cosmetic result was better.

Leg

Messy I can handle. You say that the cosmetic result was better...does that mean that it's 100% undetectable? What if someone runs their hands through your hair? What about rain?

leg366

Reaction score
well

actually it survived a rainstorm the day I wore it. I was shocked. But when you blow dry it you kind of "bake" it in and it is supposed to be actual ground up sterilized human hair. Your hair will seem a bit stiff kind of like you blow dried gel into it, which is yucky. And a person who touched your hair might just think you had styling products in. But I don't think it would come off on a hand.

Leg

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: well

leg366 said:
actually it survived a rainstorm the day I wore it. I was shocked. But when you blow dry it you kind of "bake" it in and it is supposed to be actual ground up sterilized human hair. Your hair will seem a bit stiff kind of like you blow dried gel into it, which is yucky. And a person who touched your hair might just think you had styling products in. But I don't think it would come off on a hand.

Leg

Wow, sounds like it's worth a try. I need something that looks better than dermatch....

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: well

leg366 said:

Leg

But still, you didnt tell us if it is detectable. That is the #1 concern.....

leg366

Reaction score
well

detectable is relative. I do not think I had clumps of powder grossly visible near my scalp. If someone's eyes were 2 inches from my scalp..under a spotlight.. I dunno. It is always the part that is going to be vulnerable to detection. Honestly I would not wear it to the beach unless I had a ponytail or headband and no visible part.

Leg

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn! This stuff looks the absolute bollocks.

This stuff is in and dermmatch is out - thats for sure.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's Hairsite.com's review of it http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... 9699&page=

I just tried it, GREAT STUFF !

I normally use toppik but now I think Kerasome gives me better results. More natural, and without the DULL look like toppik. I also find it easier to run my fingers through my hair when I have Kerasome on, that was not possible with Toppik.

I was told that the DULL appearance from Toppik is because they use wool hair in the product whereas Kerasome uses real human hair.

Also, the hair particles in Kerasome are bigger than Toppik. Toppik is grinded way too fine, much like powder. The problem with that is when I get caught in the rain, the Toppik powder drips and smears. I did not find the same problem with Kerasome.

However, I do not like the fact that Kerasome is a lotion. Most people probably won't mind but personally I like dry hair fibers. It is a lot easier to apply, much less messy. Applying Keraome can get messy. You definitely NEED to blow dry your hair to get best results with Kerasome. With Toppik, I was able to get away without blow drying my hair.

Overall, as far as aesthetics results are concerned, I think Kerasome is a much improved product compared to Toppik. The DULL look from Toppik is a dead giveaway that you are using concealer. In terms of ease in application, I still think Toppik is better. But mind you, I am a lazy kind of guy, just like to wash and go in the morning without going through too much fuss. Yes, lifting a blow dryer up is a big chore for me in the morning

Col, let me know if you feel the same way after you have tried it.

Thanks !

Regards,
HairSite.com
email: hairsite@aol.com
========================
Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor. Please do not consider anything you read from this website or any of the forums as medical advice.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right I just went to order it and shipping to the UK came to a whopping $52 for a tiny 6oz one month supply. Immediately cancelled the order.

In total that is about $92 for a one month supply at the discounted promotional price of $39.95 for one 6oz solution.

So when it goes back to the regular price of $49.95 we are talking about in excess of $100 for a one month supply to the UK!

I. don't. think. so.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Wank shaft! There you go again Red Rose with another great find, like the American Crew serum and then you find this. looks good but bollocks to the price. i'll do some research and see if i can find it cheaper or find a uk distributer and let you know. :D

Petchsky

Reaction score
So far the Kerasome website states that cheaper shipping will be available to Europe soon. mmm i'll send these chaps an email and get specifics.

G

They emailed me and said they're looking into shipping to the UK.

So it should be cheaper soon. How soon though, I don't know.

Hopefully ASAP.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Here is the email reply from Kerasome concerning my query about European shipping.

Hi xx Petchsky the great,

Thank you for your interest in Kerasome products. We receive several emails daily about the high price of the shipping of Kerasome overseas. We agree with you that the price to ship overseas right now is unacceptably high! These shipping charges are what we are charged by UPS with no up charge by us whatsoever (please check the UPS website for verification.)

Shipping the product out via US mail is another option, but those prices are still not low enough to make it reasonable for our international costumers and the delivery time unacceptably long.

The solution to this problem is to either have a wholesale distributor or a "fulfillment house" within Europe. We are working on both solutions presently. In fact, the email prior to yours was to a potential wholesaler in Germany. We have also working with a fulfillment house in the UK and we are awaiting quotes from them.

Once we get the product in bulk to Europe, then the shipping charges will be in line with typical shipping charges within Europe and everything should be seamless.

I am hoping all of this can happen within eight weeks. We will certainly update you when we have more information and don't hesitate to email us again if you want a further update.

Please feel free to post our replies to your emails anywhere you would like. If there is something that you would like me to address regarding a comment or question from the forums please let me know and I will be happy to respond.

Thanks for the inquiry and keep in touch.

Larry Goppert

Looks like they are getting on top of the situation. We shall just have to wait.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Friggin good work Sir!

EDIT: another review from another site:-

Monday May 02, 2005 3:15 AM (NEW!)

Well guys I used this stuff too. I had better results I guess. But here are some observations....
1. I got dark brown.
2. I also have used dermatch, so I have something to compare against.
3. You really REALLY should be no more than a NW2-3 to use this stuff well. You DO need a good chunk of hair. This stuff makes your hair look a bit thicker basically...not much but you can see the difference the more hair you have. I could see this stuff being GREAT for people with Hair Transplants to thicken things up a bit.

I tried this stuff alone, and then with dermatch. Basically, this stuff is VERY non-messy compared to dermatch, and I used dark brown and went out with a white dress shirt. No problem. The results aren't mind-blowing, but it does thicken the hair, and its easy as hell to apply. So then I tried it WITH dermatch and I thought it really was the shiznit then. Dermatch's real forte is shading the scalp a bit and thickening hair...but it IS messy and can dirty the hands. So I used dermatch sparingly in the worst areas of the scalp, and used this stuff on the hair itself. I WISH I had pics to show you guys...but I was literally a NW1 with it all in place.

I will make mention that you DO have to have lots of hair....maybe a diffuse thinner might benefit. If you are past a NW3 whatsoever it might not help. A new woman I've been seeing had her hands in my hair. Her hands were as clean as could be. That spoke volumes to me.

That being said....it is good, but I think the real power is unleashed using it in tandem with other things.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I have a Norwood 2 so i think it would work well. Nice find.

My hair has got quite long recently and looks a bit thin as a result, therefore i have been using toppik lately and the thing is, the more you use it the less you love it!

I'll stay alert for progress.

Check you laters :hairy: