Kamigami's Story /duta+minoxidil /m,20/ Pics Included

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys ! This thread is for my case of Androgenetic Alopecia. So you guys can see the effects of hair treatments on one more person:p

Background:confused:: Dad went bald on the span of 4 years when he was 21. I always had high hairline.
Regime
4 months of finasteride + 6 months of dutasteride 0,5mg/day, minoxidil everyday, Nizoral

Timeline
Summer 2019
- I'm 19. Huge hair shedding starts, probably Telogen Effluvium. I notice how receded my temples are, and how my crown is thinning. I worry everyday and develop Body dismorphia disorder (which I'm still struggling with:()
September 2019 - I 'm professionally diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia and Sebborheic Dermatitis. I start finasteride 1mg a day, minoxidil and Nizoral+steroid cream.
January 2020: Shedding won't stop. Hairloss is consuming me mentally. I want to step it up so I swap finasteride for Dutasteride, 0,5mg/day.
March 2020: I have to move to another country and change minoxidil brand. I have to stop corticosteroid treatment for sebbhoreic dermatitis... BIG mistake.
April 2020: Dandruff gradually come back. Shedding more and more, 150-200 hairs per day at least.
May 2020: New minoxidil gives me huge itching and dandruff. I continue using it in case it may go away later
June 2020. Today the itch is unbearable. I think I'm allergic to the new minoxidil. My shedding has halted basically everywhere except on the hairline where it itches so bad i want to rip my skin off. I think I'm losing so much progress on the hairline, it's really hard. I just ordered foam version of minoxidil.
Body Dismorphia is really bad, i don't go outside or see my friends anymore, just staying in my bed all day waiting for time to go by.
Mid-June 2020 Started again minoxidil after 1 week hiatus. Started again corticosteroid treatment for my sebhorreic dermatitis (hardcore dandruff). Shedding is really bad.
October 2020: It has now been almost 1,5 year of constant shedding. My hair density is really bad. I don't understand how, while being on dutasteride, the shedding didn't at least slow down. I just want to die, there's no point living without hair as someone feminine

Side Effects

No side effects except the minoxidil itch situation. Definitely not depression or anything since my mental health issues related to hairloss started before I even knew about finasteride

Pics:eek:
101807742_293115491857311_2236682344847114240_n.jpg 101952118_536081190391487_3107859677078093824_n.jpg 96714021_842003226326842_1689037412895817728_n.jpg

On a side note, losing hair that young is as you already know very hard for some of us and it made me develop body dismorphia, destroyed my self-esteem. So to hell people who say that Androgenetic Alopecia is a purely cosmetical condition, it very much can destroy a guys confidence.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi guys ! This thread is for my case of Androgenetic Alopecia. So you guys can see the effects of hair treatments on one more person:p

Background:confused:: Dad went bald on the span of 4 years when he was 21. I always had high hairline.
Regime
4 months of finasteride + 6 months of dutasteride 0,5mg/day, minoxidil everyday, Nizoral

Timeline
Summer 2019
- I'm 19. Huge hair shedding starts, probably Telogen Effluvium. I notice how receded my temples are, and how my crown is thinning. I worry everyday and develop Body dismorphia disorder (which I'm still struggling with:()
September 2019 - I 'm professionally diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia and Sebborheic Dermatitis. I start finasteride 1mg a day, minoxidil and Nizoral+steroid cream.
January 2020: Shedding won't stop. Hairloss is consuming me mentally. I want to step it up so I swap finasteride for Dutasteride, 0,5mg/day.
March 2020: I have to move to another country and change minoxidil brand.
May 2020: New minoxidil gives me huge itching and dandruff. I continue using it in case it may go away later
June 2020. Today the itch is unbearable. I think I'm allergic to the new minoxidil. My shedding has halted basically everywhere except on the hairline where it itches so bad i want to rip my skin off. I think I'm losing so much progress on the hairline, it's really hard. I just ordered foam version of minoxidil.

Side Effects
No side effects except the minoxidil itch situation. Definitely not depression or anything since my mental health issues related to hairloss started before I even knew about finasteride

Pics:eek:
View attachment 143154 View attachment 143155 View attachment 143157

On a side note, losing hair that young is as you already know very hard for some of us and it made me develop body dismorphia, destroyed my self-esteem. So to hell people who say that Androgenetic Alopecia is a purely cosmetical condition, it very much can destroy a guys confidence.
Looks like you are holding ground. You caught it early enough. Not too aggressive compared to some guys your age I have seen on here. You came to the right place if you have BDD. You are not alone here.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you are holding ground. You caught it early enough. Not too aggressive compared to some guys your age I have seen on here. You came to the right place if you have BDD. You are not alone here.

Thank you for the comment. I have been struggling really hard with BDD and I wanted to join this community because it seems like a lot are too indeed.:confused:
And yes, I think I'm holding ground but at the same time I shed so much hair I'm surprised I even have hair left on my head at this point!!:eek::eek:
I just hope I can hold for this hair for a couple more years

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you notice any new hairs around your hairline?
very very small hairs around my temples, but nothing cosmetically significant. Around my hairline, no. But as I said I've alawys had those temples since I was at least 10, so there hasn't been hair there in years :confused:

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
very very small hairs around my temples, but nothing cosmetically significant. Around my hairline, no. But as I said I've alawys had those temples since I was at least 10, so there hasn't been hair there in years :confused:

I recommend to try dermarolling. Studies says that it can even be more effective than minoxidil.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recommend to try dermarolling. Studies says that it can even be more effective than minoxidil.
thanks, once I sort out my sebhorreic dermatitis I'll try that. 1,5mm needles right ?

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sebhorreic Dermatitis going hardcore after I stopped corticosteroid treatment... :mad::mad::(Can't get them prescribed with the current situation (they're anti-inflammatories). Shedding augmented a ton too. Dermatitis forced me to stop minoxidil for a week but I'm going to restart
103032031_254060502546592_4670510861060797621_n.png

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
really interesting thread Op ! are you also using minoxidil liquid to your crown / vertex/ parting area? I am also experiencing this crazy itch/flakes/ redness / inflammation from the minoxidil. I tried several brand , and i ill try a glycerin version of it.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
really interesting thread Op ! are you also using minoxidil liquid to your crown / vertex/ parting area? I am also experiencing this crazy itch/flakes/ redness / inflammation from the minoxidil. I tried several brand , and i ill try a glycerin version of it.
Thanks ! From your username/profile pic... Are you French (I am haha). I only use minoxidil on my temple & vertex. Don't want this sticky gross stuff all over my hair, and my mid scalp is not miniaturized enough (yet...) to need it in the middle. Have you tried Foam version (I think it's called Alostil). I hate the texture of the foam but it doesn't contain PPG, you may be allergic to it.

But I already had sebderm from before I started any hair treatment so I know that, while minoxidil may be an aggraving factor, it isn't the cause of the awful dandruff.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update...
Restarted minoxidil:p
Finally managed to convince my derm to prescribe me corticosteroids, so hopefully I can stop the dandruff and have a healthy scalp again:eek:

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update
Somehow got the sebhorreic dermatitis under control, still dandruff but far less. :confused:I will start low dose isotretinoin to reduce sebum production of my skin in September (not a good idea to start rn since I'm gonna be under the sun all summer, and bathing in the sea will probably make the seb derm manageable).

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys... things are not looking good clearly under baseline and sebhorreic dermatitis is very hard to control. Feeling so depressed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200826-135240.png
    Screenshot_20200826-135240.png
    623.8 KB · Views: 226

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a mean of comparing, this was in mid April 2020.... I shed so much hair in just few months... really feel like dying
Screenshot_20200826-135230.png

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update... Pretty sure at this point I'm under baseline... It's been basically a full year of shedding
120289831_2630946530568877_1002816351513251797_n.jpg
120410659_1314407065557674_815306817444300811_n.jpg
120433133_801177624029806_3575381742856239415_n.jpg

I found additional pics of baseline:
Screenshot_20190820-010758.jpg

Screenshot_20190820-011150.jpg
Screenshot_20190820-011205.jpg