Justony Story - 35month update On the right path... PICS!

scotchegg78

Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (25 / 3month UPDATE!! ***PICS***) pg 2

Of course like most i hope this is real.

However there is something odd how despite changing your shirt for pictures, EVERYthing else like the box on the floor and even the books on the shelf are in exactly the same position for over 3 months??

justony

Reaction score

lol guys and yes this is all legit!! its my office at work! and yes i could do this while im at work cuz i kinda own the place... :)

i use the same spot to get the lighting for the pics the same for every time i do updates. so its as accurate as possible!

little update... My recent shed has stopped, ive changed my saw palmetto to a one i can buy at a pharmacy and its better quality then provillus, less saw palmeto but its absorbed more efficiently and its cheaper.

And i can assure u its real!!!

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

how much saw palmetto were/are you using?

justony

Reaction score

well i used to be on Provillus and thats 1000mg per day serving, 2 doses of 500mg, i am now on a dose of 320mg per day 2X 160, however the pharmacist explain to me that saw palmetto is absorbed better with fatty acids, the higher the fatty acids with the saw palmetto the better it is absorbed in your system. Seeing how there is no fatty acids in Provillus, the increase the dose of saw palmetto to be as affective as a lower dose with fatty acids.

The saw palmetto i'm on now has a concentration of 85 to 95% fatty acids, and seems to be working fine. When i got back from Europe the 2 of sept i ran out of provillus and was off it for about a month, this also coincides with the 3 month mark since starting my regiment and went through a shed. Going back on saw palmetto and this time with the different brand, i noticed decrease in shedding and over all healthier hair.

So now i'm managing to save 20$ a month on saw palmetto and still hopefully gonna get some growth... :)

I still researching on this topic, as my shed is slowing down but hasn't stop completely, and if it does persist then ill just fork out the cash for Provillus next month as it was working! Can someone confirm my findings so i can get a little piece of mind... LOL

later guys

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

i was on saw palmetto and i thought i was seeing results but it was a waste of money

jaydub911

Reaction score

Thank you for your story. One thing I love about online forums is no one knows who I am. Having said that I think you look pretty darn good with the buzz and could even go a little shorter. I've been thinkin about buzzing it and trying something. I figure if it's buzzed then I wont be looking at it as much, plus I'll get used to what I might look like if nothing else happens. Personally I think I'd look stupid with a buzz because my ears stick out but on the plus I've spent my time in the gym and am decently big so i might be able to pull it off. But either way thank you for your story. Your story reminds me that I need to hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and accept whatever happens. You seem happy being you, and thats what I need to remember. I define me, not my hair. Thanks again.

justony

Reaction score

maybe i would, however while i still have hair... might as well try and save it and keep it buzzed... :)

justony

Reaction score

ok ive decided to revive my thread! :) so its been a full 6 months on my Rogaine foam juice, saw palmetto and nizoral, with multi vitamins regimen.

After going through a pretty sever shed in November, instead of quitting i stuck with my regimen and my hair is now where is was in sept without the tan... Bloody cold Canada took that away from me.

i will post up some pics this week when i get a chance,
i also wanted to point out that I'm dropping saw palmetto for a more effective 5a inhibitor and started this week taking .5mg of Proscar.

:firing: male pattern baldness :)

justony

Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (25 / 6month miniUPDATE!! *PICSoon*) pg 4

Ok so heres my update with pics

So 6 months in and went through a pretty severe shed in November.

0days
pic4.jpg

45days
Picture002-1.jpg

90days
Picture011-1.jpg

and finally 180 days
HPIM2437mod.jpg

Still no flash
pic6.jpg

90days
Picture014_1.jpg

180days
HPIM2433mod.jpg

I never wanted to post a pic with flash because they were pretty bad going through the thin hairs and it would seem really bad but i think i can now... :)

0days
Picture001mod.jpg

180days
HPIM2434mod.jpg

I like my progress! Short regimen change: i dropped saw palmetto and have been taking Proscar for 2 weeks now at 1mg, tried to take it at .5mg but it seemed to be a hassle... no sides, and my hair doesn't even shed anymore when i pass my hand through it... Still on the minoxidil foam religiously and nizoral everyother day! Good things to come in 2010 :)

Later boys! AND :firing: male pattern baldness :moon:

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - 25 / 6month UPDATE!! *PICS* succes to come!

congrats and keep it up.. looking good!

rotsen182

Reaction score

yeah.... looking good ... keep posting

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score

I didnt even realise that people could get sides form minoxidil, nothing for me so far after a few weeks, maybe that means it isnt working? i hope to follow your lead mate, well done

justony

Reaction score

There are sides from minoxidil... I experianced the brutally itchy red scalp for about a month in October... The more I scratched the more it got worse... Now it doesn't itch anymore... And I've trained myself to no scratch... this is the most common side but more serious ones include blured vision racing heart beats... but you'll know if u get those within a couple of days of starting minoxidil!

And yes I will keep posting! Hoping for some good results from adding finasteride in the mix! :) Thanks for all your comments :)

justony

Reaction score

thanks but no thanks... the less stuff i use the better...
ill give finasteride a try before i go on anything more potent... and i know how against u are about finasteride irish :p

ill post again in 3 months time! :)

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
no i'm not against finasteride its not not for me as you know... all i'm saying is adding RU58841 can only help.. thats all...

Good luck buddy !!

Absolutely no reason at all for him to even consider RU at this stage. Bad "advice" :thumbdown2:

justony

Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (25 / 6month UPDATE!! *PICS* succes to come!

Ok my fellow baldies heres my 33month update and its not a good one! but im still Optimistic! hopefully....

After i stopped posting here at 6 months i was getting good results.
Heres how it went afterwards...

At six months
treatments:
Dropped saw palmetto and vitamins,
Proscar 1/5th everyday (no sides)
minoxidil twice a day
nizoral 2% everyother day

About 9 months(April 2010) in i went through a minor shed and went to 3 month update shown in my thread. Continued regiment

A little over a year in (august 2010), I was back to six month baseline and grew my hair out long
(august 2010 to december 2010) my hair was long and had a few haircuts still with temple recession but it was nice to have my hair long for a while even though it was a mop.

hers the pic:
154900_463709991860_505151860_6297955_7506108_n.jpg

During the time i grew my hair long, it was a pain to use minoxidil twice a day, so i cut it down to 5 to 8 times a week.
18 months into my regimen (december 2010) it was a massive shed, Bigger then any other shed i had before.
I dont have a pic but basically i went back to baseline of my thread.

I decided to ween myself off minoxidil due to the constant 3 to 5 month cycles of shedding. ready for the worse....

so by january 2011regimen:
proscar 1/4 a day (no sides)
and nizoral everyother day.

However i grew my hair back in 4 months and it was the most hair i had in 2 years!!

Heres me in may 2011:
246968_989627002527_13617708_47040259_5899216_n.jpg

283971_10150247088807461_516037460_7780407_6689517_n.jpg

I kept my gains until september 2011 where i buzzed my hair after what was a monster shed. But kept my regimen the same until febuary 2012 thinking that everything was gonna come back again, only IT NEVER DID...

I belive i caused this to myself, wanting to reduce my regimen and thinking that proscar would of maintained the hair i grew, but it didnt.

Im starting all over again with a weaker baseline then 33months ago with hopes of once again gaining what i had. With a new regimen that basically is throwing in the kitchen sink. Doing nothing would mean a NW6 or 7 for me.

Regimen for the past 2 weeks:

Proscar 1/4 table a day (morning)
minoxidil rogain foam 5% 2x day
nizoral 2% 5 times a week
s5 spironolactone cream 2X a day
Saw palmeto 680mg once a day (night)
Biotin 1000mcg onace a day (night)
Beta sisterol 480mg once a day (night)
MSM 1000 mg once a day (night)
Mens general multi vitamin (night)
Waiting for my dermaroller...

fml this is me now.... at 27 years old

IMG_4282small.jpg

IMG_4285small.jpg

IMG_4280small.jpg

Hope to bring succes again to my thread and would also like to thank you in advance for comments.

:firing: male pattern baldness!!!!

T

TravisB

Re: Justony Story - 33month update and its not a good one. PICS!

I think you should buzz it with no guard to hide the contrast between the top and sides. No one will have a slightest idea that you're balding!

justony

Reaction score

ya travis, already do shave the sides shorter then the top. I shave my head every week, took the pics right before i shaved my head. I get a good 4 days out of the week without the baldness showing.

I usually do it with no guard during the summer when my head gets a little sun, brown bald is somehow more aesthetically pleasing then white bald...

justony

Reaction score

minoxidil, spironolactone and other topicals are defenatly much easier to apply and live with when hair is short...

I've seen lots of people on the forum that have had a massive minoxidil shed after discontinued use and went to near baseline, to then restart treatments only to have it grow all back again. Only i have dropped below baseline and fear for the worst... can't do much now but continue regimen and be patient...

Would'nt mind comments from other posters here and see if they've gone trough what i'm going through right now with positive results..

Good luck with your progress captain!

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't think you are below baseline personally.

pic4.jpg

vs.

IMG_4280small.jpg