Justony Story - 35month update On the right path... PICS!

justony

Reaction score
UPDATE (35MONTHS!!! PAGE 5)

UPDATE (33MONTHS!!! PAGE 4)

UPDATE (90DAYS) PAGE 2
UPDATE (45 DAYS) BOTTOM OF PAGE 1

Hello everyone! here we go! my name is tony, and ive been balding for about 4 years now. I'm 24 turning 25 soon, my balding started by a receding hairline for about 2 years, i didn't think it was male pattern baldness at the time just figured i was getting a mature hairline... no big deal right?!

So about 2 years a ago i started seeing a some minor thinning at the crown and thought it wasn't to bad because at the time i had massive but massive amounts of hair.

6 months later i got somewhat concern about the sheds and thinning so thought to myself well i better ask my hairdresser what he thought... at this point i was a Norwood 1.5 - 2 but thick hairs so he told me to go on the nioxin program, which was just the shampoo, conditioner or "therapy" and the drop. i kept with the regiment for a little more then a year and my hair got worst and worst... this brings us to about now...

i had gotten a haircut from my hairdresser at the beginning of June, and at the time he told me something that i already knew in my head... hes like wow your hair really thinned out since the last time you were here (3 months). ive been noticing the gradual thinning of hair for about 6 months so it wasnt a shocker for me....

So then, after spending 24$ on a haircut... lool, i grew an extra set of testies and did what i never did in my life and zip cut my hair to #1. it actually looks decent... just need a tan and some roids and ill look a bodybuilder.... ok minus the roids and just get a tan...

Got me some minoxidil 5%foam and some nizoral 1% from from minoxidil direct.com (awsome place btw....) ships to canada! and some nizoral 2% from my canadian pharmacy, coupled with Provillus saw palmetto and biotin, and a good vascular multi vitamin. and started my regiment to grow back that insano amount of hair i had! might go on proscar, but i want to be sure with my dermatologist and confirm male pattern baldness.

Here are some pics! as of June 5th 2009
so this is me with the haircut and freaking out in the mirror:
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

crown.... :( no flash...
pic3.jpg

Zip cut! :woot: no flash with lots of sun light
pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic4.jpg

the last one is the worst one...

So im close to end of week 3 and i will keep u guys posted on my success... cuz im confident that ill get some! even if male pattern baldness gets me down sometimes im sure ill get to say male pattern baldness :bigun2:

take care guys!

lazman

Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (24 / .... here we go! *PICS*)

hey man

i'll be your dermatologist and comfirm its male pattern baldness. start fighting it don't waste a minute. your hair looks similar to mine but at least you look decent with it...

Reaction score

Hi Tony. Looking at the current state of affairs with your hair I predict very good results. The hairline is still there and you still have hair all over. The great thing for you is that you can start the meds and still look decent with the buzz cut, it suits you mate :punk: Good luck bud and I'll be following your story.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

hey dude, I'll agree with Hair And there and say that I'd bet good money on some top results from your case if you get on the big 3...the foam will work wonders I'm sure...
keep us updated :punk:

justony

Reaction score

thanks boys! very encouraging thoughts! well 3 weeks in now, and i'm getting the impression that i'm slowing down my hair loss, however it could be attributed to the buzz cut! so less hair to pull on when shampooing my hair... still have the 5 to 10 strands of hair when applying the minoxidil and the one to 2 strands when i pass my hand through my hair.

ill keep you guys posted at the one month period with pics!

Another thing, when i apply the minoxidil in the morning, it dries up pretty quickly but its getting quite humid here and i sweat quite a bit during the day. I was wondering if sweating inhibits the minoxidil from working properly...?

Boondock

Reaction score

You can expect to maintain on your regimen, but I think it's unlikely you'll regrow. Saw palmetto doesn't have a very strong effect for most people. If you don't get results by 6 months, and want some regrowth, you'll ultimately have to jump on finasteride.

justony

Reaction score
*Update* Justony Story - (24 / .... here we go! *PICS*)

Well i figured id do an update, I've almost stopped shedding completely when i put the minoxidil, and when i shower i don't really shed anymore, i look less and less but when i take a look i don't see any hairs... the zip cut is working out for me, i'm starting to think girls really like skinheads :D lol I like it so much that I keep buzzing my hair every week and a half... :D

Ok i'm exactly 6weeks in i snapped some pics, i tried to get the lighting and angle just right to match earlier pics, only took temple and and upper shot, i dunno what to think i don't want to get my hopes up or down, but i wanted to be accurate.
ok so the pics on the left is 6 weeks ago, and the ones on the right is today for those of you where its all under each other the first of each set is the older one...

pic4.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture005i.jpg
Picture015i.jpg

Its only 6 weeks so i don't expect a whole lot just wanted to revive my thread... lol also... my saw palmetto is running out so i might just complete the big three with some finasteride at .5mg doses next week, and add some fish oil omega 3 tablets at the same time.

take care boys and remember... :firing: male pattern baldness
later

btw, anybody know where i can get some legit proscar without a prescription in canada?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

It already looks significantly better to me man, well done! You had a bit of an island at the front, but it is definitely blending well together now, you can hardly tell, especially with the shaved head which looks sick.

I'd definitely get on proscar though asap, minoxidil can only do so much. Can't help you getting it into Canada, though someone else around here will give you a hand.
Keep it up and thanks for the well detailed update.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score

Really , r u sure you share the same genes too.

And if there comes another guy with head looking same as yours with a minoxidil horror story then you will be flip flopping again.

justony

Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (24 / ....6week Update!!*PICS*)

Lol Ryan I didn't post that comment... Were all on the forums for similar reasons... Reasearch and helping eachother out, I've read your story and wish you all the best regarding your hairloss, it just seems to me that your hairloss has become an obsession for you, I was the same before starting treatments. The best thing I did was zip my hair!!! I don't think of it as much and just do the treatments...

Take control of your hairloss don't let hairloss take control of you. If treatments don't work out, shave your head and get on with your life cuz when your 35 you'll spend some time wondering u missed out on your 20's going crazy over hair!! All the best :D

Best of luck bud, and thanks boys for the comments! :)

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
icdalite said:
Really , r u sure you share the same genes too.

And if there comes another guy with head looking same as yours with a minoxidil horror story then you will be flip flopping again.

Ok dude.. wtf ????? Did you get on treatment because someone told you it might work or did you see other people having success... no you got on it because you saw proof of others having success... what i'm saying is your hair looks a lot like mine when buzzed and if you go well with your treatments it will be a good indication of how it might work well for me... pluse your about my age... so no need for the bullshit comment....

Either way that why I said that... and I STILL wish you lots of luck !!!

Ryan

Haha, you are such a nutter IP

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score

I think we all on this forum want him to make up his mind ASAP.

I'm sure if he was a newbie all of us would have jumped to help him, but for christ sake he's been here for a while and he knows the treatments available.

If you're going to take a break from all meds, just do it and then come back and let us know of you're experience.

We're all here to help each other bro and I would suggest just switch off from this forum for atleast 2-3 weeks and I'm sure you'll be able to think more clearly.

justony

Reaction score

hi everyone! ive been in europe for the past 5 weeks, took some sun and relaxed and most of all got hammered almost everyday... :hump: LOL as for the forum ill try to post some updates this week when i shave my head

later boys!

justony

Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (25 / 3month UPDATE!! ***PICS***)

OK So here we go!... wow takes time to do updates... lol

So i came back from my trip from Europe at the beginning on the month, shaved my head and took pics and now i finally got a bit of time to post some updates.

As for my treatment, its been rock solid during my 5 week vacation, even when coming home hammered from the clubs i would take the 1 min to put on the minoxidil before i would crash...

Im happy with my results but still looking for a lot more regrowth! I started to shed a bit when i towel dry my hair, hoping for some regrowth in the next month or so.

No Flash

0days
pic4.jpg

45days
Picture002-1.jpg

90days
Picture011-1.jpg

still no flash

14 days
pic6.jpg

90days
Picture014_1.jpg

With Flash

14 days
Picture001_1.jpg

90days
Picture008_1.jpg

Thank you guys for all your help! ill be posting another update at the 5 month period!

take care and remember to male pattern baldness :bigun2:

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (25 / 3month UPDATE!! ***PICS***)

justony said:
OK So here we go!... wow takes time to do updates... lol

So i came back from my trip from Europe at the beginning on the month, shaved my head and took pics and now i finally got a bit of time to post some updates.

As for my treatment, its been rock solid during my 5 week vacation, even when coming home hammered from the clubs i would take the 1 min to put on the minoxidil before i would crash...

Im happy with my results but still looking for a lot more regrowth! I started to shed a bit when i towel dry my hair, hoping for some regrowth in the next month or so.

No Flash

0days
pic4.jpg

45days
Picture002-1.jpg

90days
Picture011-1.jpg

still no flash

14 days
pic6.jpg

90days
Picture014_1.jpg

With Flash

14 days
Picture001_1.jpg

90days
Picture008_1.jpg

Thank you guys for all your help! ill be posting another update at the 5 month period!

take care and remember to male pattern baldness :bigun2:

well good for you... and your doing all this by applying ONLY rogaine foam... how much do you apply agian all over your head? Have you seen any shedding before now ?

Since it seems that you don't want to use propecia, I would use something like it still... such as RU58841 & spironolactone..

lazman

Reaction score
Re: Justony Story - (25 / 3month UPDATE!! ***PICS***) pg 2

great progress Tony, congrats. keep goin'

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

great improvement for only 3 months! Congrats.. :bravo: :punk:

Caesar

Reaction score