Just started and already regaining what i lost after 9 years

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent progress. Well done. I'm gonna have to try your pomade.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you put the pomade on in the morning and evening before the foam?

DeadLine

Reaction score
Your progress is absolutely amazing. It must have done wonders to your confidence and general self esteem to see those hairs come back !
Lots of people can only dream for such results and I hope that it continues to do wonders for you !

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply. I def think Coconut oil has stopped my shedding. Any chance you can write down the exact measurements :)

- - - Updated - - -

For the pomade.

shookwun

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice one, really appreciate it. That Cistanche Tubulosa and Fucoidan seem to work well together. The latter was talked about back in 07. Someone was using it in his Minomuck. They're all available in the UK so happy days! You just might have found the cure :) That or you're the greatest minoxidil responder on the planet!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using Toppik or any hair fibres in those pics?

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
As amazing as your results are, they seem to be very rare. You're a great responder and incredibly lucky. Congrats dude, hope the growth continues like this for another couple of years.

DeadLine

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, your hair was longer these last couple of months and thus it's really hard to notice if you went a step back.
To me it still looks better than the months before because your density keeps improving which is important. You'll probably find that if you let it grow longer that it will look even better than before.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My timeline of my experience with finasteride and mino are just like yours my second shed occurred 4.5 months and is still consistently shedding and I'm about 4 days away from 6 months

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 Month update:

I've been on big 3 for exactly 5 months, over the last 3 weeks i have had a pretty disappointing shed that pushed my progress way back to near-baseline. The shed is ongoing - even today i had hundreds of hairs coming off by just running my hand through my hair.

Below is the updated progress pic where you can see the impact of this shed. I'm hoping this is part of the normal cycle but i'll admit i'm deflated at this change in progress. Still no side effects, so at least i am ok on that front.

View attachment 38462

@youngguyhairloss: thanks for sharing your experience. I hope your shed comes to a halt and the hair comes back thicker/fuller. Knowing that my pattern is not an isolated one also makes me a bit more hopeful that further progress can be made in the coming months.

Bummer! Hope you get positive progress again, as your results were fantastic before the shedding.

drock18

Reaction score
Bro, stay with it. Many people shed, and it's usually a good thing bc the hair comes back stronger. Keep us posted.

br1

Reaction score
I know everyone's different and all.. I started treatment early, before loosing anything significantly..

But from using finasteride for more than 13yrs, I can tell you I had shed phases.. Then huge regrowth. Once I quit for a couple months and lost my temples and a lot of density. Went back to finasteride and 7 (yes, SEVEN) years later... It was all back.

Important note.. During this time I never bother checking my hair.. I can tell by looking at family fotos... O just popped the pill and went with life..

Good luck

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I've just finished my 4th or 5th shed, 2 and a half years into the big three treatment. I fully expect another shed in the next year some time.

Hairyarsch

Reaction score
Sorry about the loss. :dunno:

Everyone is different I guess. I'm on Castor Oil orally and topically with DMSO and there is lots of regrowth. I've got lots of new small hair which looks similar to your first picture (post #5). Plus old velus hair has become stronger. And that's after just one month. I also use the Dermaroller with Lithium once a week.
I'd get off minoxidil tbh. I've seen too many threads like yours, first great results and then somehow people lose everything again after months or years. And put your oil solution into DMSO for better absorption, you'll have to wash your hair daily which you probably won't like but the treatment won't last forever...

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was hard to really tell your regrowth because you kept letting your hair grow longer, which can give the illusion of more hair. But at the very least it did seem like you were maintaining. I am taking pics of my progress with the same haircut because I don't want to give myself false hope. I am sorry about the shed but that is a good thing, it's part of the hair cycle. Good luck, your hair looks good when it's grown out.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would avoid DMSO, I used to use it in the form of something called ozbrew. It messed me up, i suggest you stay away from it.