Just started and already regaining what i lost after 9 years

rhine2

Reaction score
You washed your hair only once a week. Water alone cannot remove the oil, sebum and dust on your scalp. Won't the follicles get clogged?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice success story man. Hopefully you can get hair like in your first pic, it looks epic.

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice gong mate, congrats.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you as regards the hair loss, I'm 34 years old now but started diffuse thinning on top (mainly at the crown) exactly the same pattern as you when I was in my late 20's, gradual loss that I didn't really notice until I was bent down and my GF mentioned my thinning crown. But fast forward a few years to this very day and I can now see my scalp through my hair pretty badly no mater how I style it, so I'm starting out on finasteride any day now - to see if I can gain some thickness back on top.

Fingers crossed...

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's difficult but try and take each photo with the same lighting, so do it in the same room using the same artificial light at the same time of day (with curtains closed), whilst being in the same sitting position/location under said artificial lighting. Also try to avoid using the flash on the camera as the position of the camera and therefore the position of the flash can vastly change how a photo looks - Easier said than done of course.

The reason I say this is because in both the 2nd and 4th photo within that 5 photo image, your forehead is blown out by the flash, so the whole photo will give a different result to the other 3 photos which I assume were not with the flash. Changes in hair are so gradual that unless the photo and lighting is like-for-like it's very difficult to see what the progress is.

Your hair looks a lot darker and is certainly better than baseline - best of luck!

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks TinTon - all images were taken without the flash in the same room under same lighting; only difference in the last image is that i used the front facing camera rather than the back facing camera; because the front facing camera is higher resolution it captures more detail and meters exposure more accurately. Some of the images are blown out because the camera messes up metering when something dark is in the frame (my head); i blame that on the crappy image quality from my phone's back facing camera. I actually have a degree in photography and know how to take a photo (i promise), but it is challenging given you have to hold the phone above your head while trying to press the screen in the right spot without the phone slipping from your hands. From now one i will only use the front facing camera and expect more accurate exposures nonetheless

Fair enough mate, couldn't tell if there was a was;t a flash involved in some of this photos, but yeah now I think about my iPhone will vary the exposure greatly if It focuses on a certain colour.

GoodHurr

Reaction score
You washed your hair only once a week. Water alone cannot remove the oil, sebum and dust on your scalp. Won't the follicles get clogged?

Hair follicles/pores get clogged from the inside, not the outside. This is why topical acne treatments never prevent acne, they only heal existing acne.

People who think applying salicylic acid on their skin is a preventative-measure against acne are delusional. It only heals existing acne quicker by bringing it to the surface. Hair follicles are just modified skin cells, so the same thing applies.

Topical treatments can, however, irritate skin/scalp to the point where hair is lost however.

Scrappy

Reaction score
I'm considering going on finasteride and I've been losing hair for more than a decade. This gives some hope of regrowth - if I had no chance at regrowth I'd probably forget it because I'm likely to get bad sides (tried finasteride early in my hair loss and got sides).

rush4life

Reaction score
amazing results! a great responder indeed. Keep posting the updates as they come - its great for people who are concerned about the effects to hear real stories and see results from people. Good luck with the regrowth. Cheers.

jorgedudicoff

Reaction score
Great results man, I dunno about that mood-related thing, but hey as long as its not really affecting you in a negative way who cares.

kebas239

Reaction score
I've been looking through your thread and see a huge improvement! Even if you don't get to where you were in your "before" picture, I'm happy that you were able to turn it around in the right direction!

ren01

Reaction score
Hair is looking darker and thicker, can I ask whats your finasteride dosage, and what brand you're on?

state06

Reaction score
Excellent results thus far. After 7 years of thinng hair, I am actually going to there derm this afternoon to ask for a script for finasteride(proscar perhaps due to $$) because of success stories like this. Have you considered buzzing your head one more time to compare with your very first picture?