Just started and already regaining what i lost after 9 years

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is so great!

First of all, the improvement from baseline is still very good. I know it must be frustrating with that shedding as your hair at the best point was excellent. And it is good for us trying to achieve the same to be aware of shedding period and be realistic about how long it takes.

From what I've read from most people is that shedding takes some time and then it grows back better and longer. Hopefully that is the case for you too.

Keep at it and best of luck!

HLTFaash

Reaction score
It's quite amazing looking at your progress. I'm only starting my journey and learning. Your story is helping me alot. All the best.

DeadLine

Reaction score
Quick update in case anyone is still following this thread. Still no sides, been on big 3 for ~7.5 months; after the last big shed my hair has been growing back and seems to be filling in the crown area fairly well. Update on crown is below:
View attachment 40343

Exactly what I expected. You're doing great good sir. You're maintaining and/or gaining a bit now.
Would you be open to try dutasteride?

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oilys scalps ?

do you have an oily scalp and dundruff before using the big3 products ?

pv1984

Reaction score
Quick update in case anyone is still following this thread. Still no sides, been on big 3 for ~7.5 months; after the last big shed my hair has been growing back and seems to be filling in the crown area fairly well. Update on crown is below:
View attachment 40343

Hey man, I have same exact crown like you. same hair density. I'm 31 and take finasteride 1mg for about 2 years. and started Kirkland Minoxidil 5% last week.

I have no any improvement. at least maintaining it.
Will update results of minoxidil later

- - - Updated - - -

do you have an oily scalp and dundruff before using the big3 products ?

I have very oily and dandruff scalp. but after using minoxidil, I noticed that scalp is now dry and less dandruff I think its due to Alcohol in minoxidil.

DeadLine

Reaction score
You can get better results up to the two year mark. Ofcourse, you can always switch to dutasteride after the two year mark to maybe see some new additional results.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lost it aggressively at 24? Couldn't have been THAT aggressive, you did no treatments for 9 years and you still got a pretty decent amount of hair! So your genetics don't seem to be completely against you; with antiandrogens and maybe a hair transplant way down the road, you might maintain a NW3 or higher for your adult life. Good job so far and be proud of your results.

Can I ask why you didn't start treatments at the first sign? I delayed like two years and I beat myself up about it every day.

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
With the amount and thickness of hair I used to have, it was an aggressive loss considering within a couple of months I went from an NW1 to basically having a bald spot. There was a lot of hair falling out - I honestly think it was due to stress at the time though it has been challenging to get it back so maybe genetic.

I didnt start treatments before because I had read possible side effect stories of finasteride and as a general rule I don't take any medications so I did not believe there was any option. It was ignorance that prevented me from starting treatment.

Hey are you still using the Minoxidil? You think it wasn't doing much?

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
I still use it and i still think it is not doing much, but since there is plenty of evidence that says Minoxidil is beneficial i am staying on it just in case

Hey man, I've been wondering lately about whether or not some study that says there is a 30 month window to regrow lost hair. You say you're regaining what you've lost after 9 years but your before picture is from Nov 17 2015. So I'm wondering how long has your hair been like your before photo? And what can you say regrowing hair that was not on your head 30 months(~2.5 years) ago? Have you only regrown to the state your hair was in 2.5 years ago?

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Everybody is different. I read that study to, but it didn't really give a number to how many test subjects it had.

I've always been a good Minoxidil responder. And I've been using it for around twenty six years. Although I added topical
Finasteride (.1%), and Progesterone (.25%), my hair is gradually (slowly) growing back. I regained my vertex density. Even my temples,
forehead grew hair back (less than a centimeter, and diffuse, but still more hair on hairline).

So I don't know how seriously we can really take that study. I'm a man that suffers from androgen alopecia. No different than anyone
else.
How much minoxidil do you use and has it kept your hair intact for 26 years?

OptimusPrime1

Reaction score
Combine 30% Minoxidil formula with 5%, everyday. I take more than prescribed.

It has kept my hair , with the exception of my hairline.

But it's combined with .25% (1/4 percent) Progesterone), and .1% Finasteride.

That's good to know thank you, but can you please answer some questions I have:
what is 30% minoxidil with 5% daily mean?
And how do you get .1% topical finasteride and .25% Progesterone in your minoxidil solution? Does it come premixed that way or do you have to mix them? I was happy to see this because I would presume a topical application of finasteride would be better than the oral tablet given the sides?
Sorry I am not very well versed with lingo on the forum.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's good to know thank you, but can you please answer some questions I have:
what is 30% minoxidil with 5% daily mean?
And how do you get .1% topical finasteride and .25% Progesterone in your minoxidil solution? Does it come premixed that way or do you have to mix them? I was happy to see this because I would presume a topical application of finasteride would be better than the oral tablet given the sides?
Sorry I am not very well versed with lingo on the forum.
The minoxidil that K9 has to be compounded by pharmacist. K9 chooses the ingredients he wants, then the pharmacist create the minoxidil

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait K9. How old are you? then.. Can i call you.. DAD ? Well dad, you're 26 six years on minoxidil with good results? God f*****g sake its beautifull thing!!!