"JUST shave it" - they always say

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a full beard man myself. I can't imagine myself wearing a goatee. I understand why guys wear them, because the whiskers naturally thicken in that area, but to me it's too.... contrived. :innocent:

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are going for external customer facing jobs or sales why not? If they told you to wear a tie to be more business like you would object?

seb

Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:
I'm a full beard man myself. I can't imagine myself wearing a goatee. I understand why guys wear them, because the whiskers naturally thicken in that area, but to me it's too.... contrived. :innocent:

I think many percieve a goatee on a bald man as a poor attempt at replacing what you have lost on top.(a neither here,or there beard).From my experience,the older generation dont class goatees as real beards, ie either a moustache or a full beard,or nothing.I would like too grow a full beard,but I think it will look a bit silly sly(I dont really want to grow the horseshoe out),plus society will only ridicule me even more....
BTW,I look worse clean-shaven.I have a small mouth and a weak chin,also I am very fair-skinned.Like a friend once said-This is the best I can look. :sobbing:

seb

Reaction score
Maybe the work environment in America is different too the Uk,but from my experience going to an interview for a job,both when I was receeding,and when sly,I have been discriminated,and certainlly wasnt encouraged too "shave".