Just shave it all off, chaps...

powersam

Reaction score
Pondle said:
It's all in the eye of the beholder. Buzz-cuts don't suit everyone. Tight pants don't suit everyone. The colour green doesn't suit everyone. I could go on, but you get the general idea...

i wish you would though...

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finish line said:
Let me just say it's TRUE!!!

I have NEVER GOTTEN SO MUCH *** IN MY LIFE after shaving it.

Yep, seconded. I've had more this year than any other year.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
PhoenixFly said:
Anyway, what do you guys think is best, buzz it with no guard (little stubble hair) or shave it with a razor, (no hair)?

I like the feeling of my smooth scalp, but if you have darker hair and want some Beckham-like texture, stubble works too.

ADL

Reaction score
It's true, nothing is sadder than someone obviously thinning and trying to have long hair.

:agree:

I would never totally shave it though. I'm keeping it buzzed at guard 1 about every 4 days.

Pondle

Reaction score
There's a guy where I work who's in his late 30s/early 40s, Norwood 7, looks like he's been bald for a long time. His bare scalp is covered in liver spots. If you're gonna shave that close, make sure you slather on the sunscreen.

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
stampede said:
I think I'm going to need my flame proof suit for this one.

I have a MASSIVE forehead and was so so worried bout losing my hair because I thought I'd look ridiculous. In fact, I think I DO look ridiculous with no hair.

After taking the dutasteride which started growing me breasts, and putting on the minoxidil that made my face and chin swell up and my heart race, and growing maybe a few more hairs, I was pissed off to say the least. So I went to the barber and got it all shaved off. No guard buzz-cut and then a proper shave with a cut-throat :)

I went out on Friday and Saturday this weekend, I got some nice clothes on and some Issey Miyake, and I have NEVER had so much attention from women. And last night, I spent the night at a woman's house and we did naughty things :D

I didn't even make an attempt to chat her up. I just went with the flow. I'm really quite shocked.

So, there you have it. Shave your heads is my advice to you all. If you decide you don't like it, keep using the treatments and it will all grow back :)

I do give you credit for taking such a brave step. I hear it is very liberating to shave it. You have won the war on hair lose. It is gone by YOUR choice! I might do that one day, but i have dark eyebrows, so i am not so sure how I would look. I will NOT, and I repeat, will NOT have the hairy horeshoe pattern with a comb-over to complete the look. If I get much deeper into the norwood stages...all the hair is shaved and I will be done with it.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
JayMan said:
if you're happy then that's all that matters. i personally feel like i look much less attractive with ultra short/shaved hair, but that's just me. may be different for you.

take care

my my how things change over time, glad to see you are not so combative to people who suggest that shaving it off is a GOOD thing.

stampede, congradulation on liberating yourself from drugs that didn't work for you, enjoy the rest of your life with total freedom and not having to worry about a trivial thing such as hair, and of course have fun with all the ladies that LOVE shaved bald men!

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
The shaved head thing is a LOOK. Even bic-ed it's acceptable. You just need to find the right clothes and stuff to go with it. Also, scrawny is not an option for a bald dude. I'm not a lady's man by any stretch of the imagination, but now that I think about it...looking back....most of the action I've ever gotten has been with a shaved head. I remember one time a bunch of us went clubbing when I was like 25, I wore a baseball cap like a complete doofus. A buddy of mine brought a friend along, this guy was UUUUUUGLY and complete NW6. He bic-ed it. This guy had overflowing confidence. Guess who was the only one to go home with a girl that night. Shaving it is so damn liberating because you don;t have to worry about losing anymore hair. You can;t see it if you do. And thats YOU.... it will take some time to get used to it, but think abuot it this way..it's not going to get any worse. A lot of people will say "a shaved head doesn;t suit me." I dont care what anyones head shape is like, it HAS to look better than the horseshoe. Nice posts on this thread....keep em up :punk:

Balding Scotsman

Reaction score
One problem with shaving your hair...

Some bouncers think shaved headed people cause trouble, and you don't get in most clubs and bars.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Balding Scotsman said:

Some bouncers think shaved headed people cause trouble, and you don't get in most clubs and bars.

uhh yah we dont have that problem here in the states buddy.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Balding Scotsman said:

I'm pretty sure something like this happened to me a few years back when I used to always shave my head down to a #1. I tried going to a club in Tijuana with a few friends....didn't get in :(

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harsh

s.a.f

Reaction score
Not just bouncers, many employers think the same thing.

G

JustShaveIt said:
JayMan said:
if you're happy then that's all that matters. i personally feel like i look much less attractive with ultra short/shaved hair, but that's just me. may be different for you.

take care

my my how things change over time, glad to see you are not so combative to people who suggest that shaving it off is a GOOD thing.

stampede, congradulation on liberating yourself from drugs that didn't work for you, enjoy the rest of your life with total freedom and not having to worry about a trivial thing such as hair, and of course have fun with all the ladies that LOVE shaved bald men!

i never had a problem with people doing what makes them happy. what i had a problem with was people like you coming on, sayin that the treatments don't work or that they make you impotent, etc. and then telling them to shave their head as the solution.

G

beast said:
stampede said:
I think I'm going to need my flame proof suit for this one.

I have a MASSIVE forehead and was so so worried bout losing my hair because I thought I'd look ridiculous. In fact, I think I DO look ridiculous with no hair.

After taking the dutasteride which started growing me breasts, and putting on the minoxidil that made my face and chin swell up and my heart race, and growing maybe a few more hairs, I was pissed off to say the least. So I went to the barber and got it all shaved off. No guard buzz-cut and then a proper shave with a cut-throat :)

I went out on Friday and Saturday this weekend, I got some nice clothes on and some Issey Miyake, and I have NEVER had so much attention from women. And last night, I spent the night at a woman's house and we did naughty things :D

I didn't even make an attempt to chat her up. I just went with the flow. I'm really quite shocked.

So, there you have it. Shave your heads is my advice to you all. If you decide you don't like it, keep using the treatments and it will all grow back :)

I do give you credit for taking such a brave step. I hear it is very liberating to shave it. You have won the war on hair lose. It is gone by YOUR choice! I might do that one day, but i have dark eyebrows, so i am not so sure how I would look. I will NOT, and I repeat, will NOT have the hairy horeshoe pattern with a comb-over to complete the look. If I get much deeper into the norwood stages...all the hair is shaved and I will be done with it.

how can you have a name like justshaveit and not sport a shaved head yourself?