Just shave it all off, chaps...

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to need my flame proof suit for this one.

I have a MASSIVE forehead and was so so worried bout losing my hair because I thought I'd look ridiculous. In fact, I think I DO look ridiculous with no hair.

After taking the dutasteride which started growing me breasts, and putting on the minoxidil that made my face and chin swell up and my heart race, and growing maybe a few more hairs, I was pissed off to say the least. So I went to the barber and got it all shaved off. No guard buzz-cut and then a proper shave with a cut-throat :)

I went out on Friday and Saturday this weekend, I got some nice clothes on and some Issey Miyake, and I have NEVER had so much attention from women. And last night, I spent the night at a woman's house and we did naughty things :D

I didn't even make an attempt to chat her up. I just went with the flow. I'm really quite shocked.

So, there you have it. Shave your heads is my advice to you all. If you decide you don't like it, keep using the treatments and it will all grow back :)

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
thats awesome, I love reading posts like this one. Even with a shaved head, is it obvious you;re losing your hair? I'm pretty close to bic-ing it. I'd rather bic it then have the george Costanza thing at my age.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've shaved it completely bald, so it really doen't matter whether I'm an NW1 or an NW7, it will look the same :)

Give it a go - if you decide you don't like it, it won't take all that long to grow back.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
It is absolutely wonderful that you have come to this point. Enjoy the freedom. :bravo:

I am gonna keep popping dutasteride!

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
grow some muscles and a dark tan rock the bandana as head band and woman will flow to you like wine.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been dwelling on this recently...perhaps, I should really shave them off.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice one stampede!!

This is true, I went out with my brother and his friends, my brother is NW3 and slick shaved, his mate is NW6 and slick shaved, I couldn't believe the amount of attention they got of the ladies, me and my mate who have longish hair didn't even get a sniff, doh!

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Good work brother!!
Do you still take any meds now or is that it?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No more meds for me, they are all for sale!

dutasteride, finasteride, minoxidil foam... gonna make a big loss on em but there ya go :)

G

if you're happy then that's all that matters. i personally feel like i look much less attractive with ultra short/shaved hair, but that's just me. may be different for you.

take care

powersam

Reaction score
these ultra subjective threads appear with sickening regularity.

i am lucky enough to have the shaved head option as a backup because my heads not a weird shape. but i still look better with hair so i want to keep it.

then there are those who look decidedly odd with a shaved head, usually its the pale skinny guys with no facial hair. in that case cosmetically shaving is not an option therefore this thread could do them more harm than good.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
powersam said:
these ultra subjective threads appear with sickening regularity.

i am lucky enough to have the shaved head option as a backup because my heads not a weird shape. but i still look better with hair so i want to keep it.

then there are those who look decidedly odd with a shaved head, usually its the pale skinny guys with no facial hair. in that case cosmetically shaving is not an option therefore this thread could do them more harm than good.

What's a weird head shape exactly?

Anyway, I thought I have a very wierd head shape and I'm pale and can't grow decent facial hair. Yet when I posted the pic of me with the close buzz over a year ago, everyone said it suits me. How weird is that?

Pondle

Reaction score
It's all in the eye of the beholder. Buzz-cuts don't suit everyone. Tight pants don't suit everyone. The colour green doesn't suit everyone. I could go on, but you get the general idea...

antonio666

Reaction score
JayMan said:
if you're happy then that's all that matters. i personally feel like i look much less attractive with ultra short/shaved hair, but that's just me. may be different for you.

take care
100% agree with that comment.i look great with my hair in a flat top style with hair shaved not so great,however soon the option will not be around for me,only wish that my death would not hurt people around me,but it would but at the moment i am sort of resenting them because i want to die,sick of living with hair loss when i cannot even slow this sh*t down

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
It's all in the eye of the beholder. Buzz-cuts don't suit everyone. Tight pants don't suit everyone. The colour green doesn't suit everyone. I could go on, but you get the general idea...

Bingo

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
take care[/quote]
100% agree with that comment.i look great with my hair in a flat top style with hair shaved not so great,however soon the option will not be around for me,only wish that my death would not hurt people around me,but it would but at the moment i am sort of resenting them because i want to die,sick of living with hair loss when i cannot even slow this $#iT down[/quote]

I'm sure of you talked to the people around you and told them how selfish they're being by being alive and getting in the way of you killing yourself, because you're losing your hair, they'd understand perfectly. ......see how dumb that sounds?? It always worries me to see suicide threats on here to the point of me not being able to sleep. I KNOW theyre uneccessary. If you need to talk, PM me. In the mean time....don;t flatter yourself. No one cares that much about your hairloss to make it the central focus of their lives.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pondle said:

Yeah but powersam here listed 3 characteristics that don't make a buzz cut look good and I have them all. Either ppl here were lying that it suits me or we can forget about those 3 things.

Pondle

Reaction score
Yeah but powersam here listed 3 characteristics that don't make a buzz cut look good and I have them all. Either ppl here were lying that it suits me or we can forget about those 3 things.

Powersam is voicing a personal opinion, not a cast-iron fact about aesthetics. Anyway, I don't think you have a weird head shape!

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:

I still look in the mirror and think I look a bit silly with no hair. But I've not stopped getting compliments on my new look yet.

I'm sure that a few of my closer friends would be happy to lie to me and say I look good to make me feel better. But I've had people at work I barely know come up to me and say how much it suits me.

Happy Christmas to all :)

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
To the guy who was sickened by this post.

Let me just say it's TRUE!!!

I have NEVER GOTTEN SO MUCH *** IN MY LIFE after shaving it.

Mine isn't bic'd, though, it's clipped to 2mm currently.

I'm not lying to you, I am currently juggling 5 different HOT girls. Before that I had one. Barely.

In fact, last night a girl approached me, hot blonde called Pamela, and now I'm taking her out for her 23rd birthday this friday, just the two of us. I'm 33!

Here's what I did 8 months ago. Switched from liquid to foam, kept the finasteride, then began just shaving it, and got back into the gym.

I've lost 35 pounds of fat and have gained a lot of muscle. I have one of those shapes that's... exomorphic, meaning easy to make muscle, so I've had great results in the gym..

And I'm half Iranian/half German, so I have a really good face, thanks mom!

Yeah. I can't believe how low and miserable I was until I just shaved it. Scary for a day or two, until you realize people treat you BETTER and are more accepting. Then come the girls.

It's true, nothing is sadder than someone obviously thinning and trying to have long hair. Nasty. A "weird head shape" lol. Keep telling yourself that. And how would you even know?