Just Came Back From A High School Reunion

MynamesName

My Regimen
Reaction score
completely bald? what's up man? tell us your story.

I can't post anything because my account is restricted, I do have some stuff that I would like to share to this community. And I'm not completely bald, but have noticeable thinning all over my head and a big (about 3by4 inch) spot of excessive hair thinning on the back of my head

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't post anything because my account is restricted, I do have some stuff that I would like to share to this community. And I'm not completely bald, but have noticeable thinning all over my head and a big (about 3by4 inch) spot of excessive hair thinning on the back of my head
same here, i was heavily diffusing in a norwood 5-6 pattern most of my senior year. ofc was bullied, laughed at, and teased a lot for it

MynamesName

My Regimen
Reaction score
same here, i was heavily diffusing in a norwood 5-6 pattern most of my senior year. ofc was bullied, laughed at, and teased a lot for it

I know the feels bro. I lucked out by having a great circle of friends since I was a kid, we've all grown up together, so I did not exactly experience bullying, but I was always a subject to scrutiny and that eats away at your mind. It's like a splinter stuck in your skin that won't come out - btw, I posted my first thread, would appreciate if you check it out and let me know about your thoughts :)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thats f*****g traumatizing.

I have always been a bit of a spitfire and a staunch defender/advocate for the 'underdog' This temperament was most evident through my pre-pubescence-adolescence. Even then I knew that physical violence begets violence (frankly I found it repugnant), however looking back now I have to tell you, right or wrong, I adopted some controversial tactics of my own to quell the 'bully type'.

Most children will flee or take cover from anything/anyone who threatens their personal space or comfort zone. Knowing the same problem (bully) would greet us tomorrow, I was not one of those kids, I saw a dark stirring in the bully that I hated in myself - that had to be squashed.

We find specks of truth when we scratch the surface of cliché, we grow to understand that a bully's need for confrontation is often a projection of his/her early unresolved inferiority issues.
Where most children with self esteem struggles will sometimes "turn in" and withdraw from their peers, the despicable bully will generally "turn on" the easiest target(s) first, simply because they are the most expedient means to an ends.

I grew up in a super large family, maybe that is where some of my grit as well as fierce demand for approval comes from.
I made a conscious decision quite early in my childhood to take on the thankless task of
fighting back at the bully where/when no one else would.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Could you even imagine what it's like to have no money, to never have had sex, to be so ugly that no normal woman would ever give you their time of the day? Because that's the reality lived by some of the forum members here.

It's like the women here and NW2s like DoctorHouse talking about their BDD or whatever and saying that's equivalent to what DBW or Exodus are going through. Well, I'm here to say it's not. I feel depressed about hair loss a lot but I would never pretend my problems are even comparable in magnitude to some of the members here.

Granted I don't read every post here,
but were anyone to peruse the good Doctor's larger body of work, I think they would unequivocally determine overall, that he has consistently been the sonorous voice of compassion here for HairLossTalk.com. His style and substance are in a league of their own and have earned my deepest respect.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The Doctor is a good guy and has consistently been a positive and constructive voice here. Don't mistake what I said for a statement to the contrary. We are all inclined to think our burden is the heaviest.

I understood your statement. Also I would instruct you or anyone not to mischaracterize an individual in general long, good standing, based on one recent exchange. I think if we're not listening carefully, we can all get into trouble
misconstruing content with intent.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buck, I like you but you need to put your sh*t into perspective. You have money from your real-estate ventures. You've had sex with beautiful women even if they are not accessible to you anymore and you let them trample you like a b**ch back in the day. You're reasonably good-looking even with bad hair, judging from what you've posted about your recent encounters with women.

Could you even imagine what it's like to have no money, to never have had sex, to be so ugly that no normal woman would ever give you their time of the day? Because that's the reality lived by some of the forum members here.

It's like the women here and NW2s like DoctorHouse talking about their BDD or whatever and saying that's equivalent to what DBW or Exodus are going through. Well, I'm here to say it's not. I feel depressed about hair loss a lot but I would never pretend my problems are even comparable in magnitude to some of the members here.

To each there own. there are many different types of perspective, and while I understand yours, there's much more to it. Every one abides by the old saying, "it;s better to have love and lost, then to have never loved at all". it's not true. at all. You become bitter, jaded and start hating women. No money? I lived my twenties poor as f***. Even now all my money is tied up in homes and I don't see much of it.

I don't have BDD. I am straight up disfigured. 100% my fault yes, but it's the truth. If you saw my left hair line in person, you would distinctly see 3-4 hair grafts poking up in every direction. I have lived like this for almost three years, but now, the thinning is so bad, it looks horrendous.

I don't feel bad for myself man. that's where you are mistaking. Every fault and flaw was created by me. I just feel bad in general.

I am in no way writing these things for sympathy. I write them, because I was labeled by Dante. He has absolutely no perspective or real information on the way my life has been. He jumps to conclusions and judges people that are NOT in the EXACT SAME SITUATION HE IS.

Well, dante, there are a BILLION different situations. multiply that by a BILLION different individual human mind conditions, and you will realize, your situation is not the only one.

Dante hates people because he's been battered and verbally abused by them. I hate women because the same has happened to me. So, first off, this is my fault? No. I didn't chose to stay with these women after I realized who they were. Like I said, they were manipulative parasites that concealed their true selves like a chameleon in a tree.

There is no perspective here man. There is nothing to alter. I am the lowest of the low because I have no feeling anymore. I have lived in complete apathy for years, and that will never change.

So, should I think, "some people have cancer" or "there are kids starving to death with intestines full of parasites"

No... why doesn't Dante say that to himself? Why don't you? are you all lacking perspective?

No, he thinks his burden is greater than all those around him, and none of us have the right to vent or complain, even on a hair loss forum, unless we are 20 year old ectomorph incels.

If Dante cannot see the own hypocrisy in his own view, then no one can reveal this to him.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You hate women too? News to me.

That sounded wrong. I have a sister and mother, and I do respect women very much.. when it comes to DATING, yes I hate women. Why? because I am nice. In women, this triggers an inherent need to stomp out my f*****g soul. :p I love you EL and hairblues. ;)

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too, I would wear it every day lol... But I don't know where to get it.

with your skills, you could make this in five minutes.

blackg

Reaction score
I have always been a bit of a spitfire and a staunch defender/advocate for the 'underdog' This temperament was most evident through my pre-pubescence-adolescence. Even then I knew that physical violence begets violence (frankly I found it repugnant), however looking back now I have to tell you, right or wrong, I adopted some controversial tactics of my own to quell the 'bully type'.

Most children will flee or take cover from anything/anyone who threatens their personal space or comfort zone. Knowing the same problem (bully) would greet us tomorrow, I was not one of those kids, I saw a dark stirring in the bully that I hated in myself - that had to be squashed.

We find specks of truth when we scratch the surface of cliché, we grow to understand that a bully's need for confrontation is often a projection of his/her early unresolved inferiority issues.
Where most children with self esteem struggles will sometimes "turn in" and withdraw from their peers, the despicable bully will generally "turn on" the easiest target(s) first, simply because they are the most expedient means to an ends.

I grew up in a super large family, maybe that is where some of my grit as well as fierce demand for approval comes from.
I made a conscious decision quite early in my childhood to take on the thankless task of
fighting back at the bully where/when no one else would.
This was a great post.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Goth%20Bow.gif

This was a great post.

T

tellersquill

I started late as well, Zircon.

I think that made me become promiscuous in my mid-twenties as I wanted to prove to myself that I was desirable.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it was Roberto that said our positive memories stay with us and contribute to our life quality even when we lose the ability to have similar experiences. Certainly, were I never to feel the feminine touch again, I'll die knowing I've been desired, that I've felt the burning passion of a beautiful woman that wanted me physically.

I lost my virginity late, at Dante's age, and know what that feeling is like. It is one of the most brutally dejecting feelings there is, to not be wanted, to be cut off from one of the most beautiful things in life. Even in my present state of despair, which is not too dissimilar from yours, I'll say it out loud: that feeling was infinitely worse.

In my opinion, you have a tendency towards exaggeration and intensity of feeling that heavily colors your perspective. You routinely inflate your emotions and experiences. Once I trim the histrionic fat away from your posts I can see a life well lived, with a full sampling of life's palette. Others, you only find cancerous tissue underneath.
Man, sh*t's fucked up. Not that it matters, but I feel horribly sorry for you. No one your age should have to go through this or have these profound feelings of inferiority.

The best we can do as outsiders is listen to you and acknowledge your understanding of your situation. Not offer up words of wisdom from vastly different life situations or not-quite declarations of sympathy like "hey I'm suffering too".

you're a wise dude Zircon. :)

FootyStar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a horrible feeling, you feel like a pathetic failure of a human being, disgusted with yourself. The social pressure is nearly unbearable, that's why I minimize social interactions, they make me feel even more frustrated and depressed. Worst of all, in my case, I know there is absolutely nothing I can do to change this, I can only endure and suffer.

I know that feeling mate.
1322796219001.png