Just buzzed my hair, What can you see?

James Cole

Reaction score
Well I recently created this thread http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discuss...1&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

To tell you the truth I did became pretty sad to see my hair in that unhealthy condition, so I decided to buzz my hair. I wanted a fresh start with my treatment and hope to have a full head of thick hair as soon as it grows back to where it was. Also I heard it is much better for the treatment to have it this way because you will have better absorption of the Revita Shampoo and the Minoxidil.

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

So what is my current state in the Norwood scale? I think I have difuse thinning all over the top of my scalp any tips to fixing this besides propecia?

My Current Regimen is Revita Shampoo, Sprectral DNC and Beet Juice.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in Advance.

James Cole

Reaction score
blueshard said:
have you thought of getting on finasteride or dutasteride?

Yes, I have researched those orals, for some they work, for others it doesn't and sheds massively...

I don't know how bad my hairloss is, if it is that bad then I might consider getting on those. So how bad is it?

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
You're starting to recede a little bit on the temples I would def. get on finasteride

Thats it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah, dont be put off by horror stories before you've actually tried it. Sides are very rare but the few that get them make themselves known about.

James Cole

Reaction score
Yes that may be true, I just want to see what results do I get off Revita/DNC/MSM... if that doesn't work then I will try finasteride.

Guys so how advanced is my hairloss?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
I reckon your hair looks good, mate. Part of the reason in may look thinner on the top in those photos is the direction the source of light is coming from.

You're temples may be slightly receded but no cause for alarm just yet. As a relative veteran of this game, I reckon you should hold off on the finasteride and Min until your hair loss is getting to the point where it's becoming noticeable.

Def

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Almost the exact same hair as me and you look a little like me, sort of scary actually. IMO, your best expectations should simply be to maintain what you have and finasteride will do the best job at doing that as minoxidil and DNC are more for regrowth (I think). I understand the risks but I am one who has had a small amount of sides with finasteride and they went away quickly and I am happy with my results.
Give your current treatment a shot if you like, but seeing how you have not lost much, I don't know how you will be able to evaluate a treatment approach which is more aimed at regrowth.
I would say you are a Norwood-1.5. Depending how long it took you to get there should also guide your treatment. For me, I looked back at pictures from 6 years ago and my hair had a slight recession then and my hairline has online come up a bit since that time, so I think I do not have very aggressive loss, so I chose to use proscar and minoxidil just once a day.

G

Sry, but to me this doesn´t look good at all. The horsehoe is clearly visible with your new haircut. just see how much darker(=thicker) your hair is on the sides. For diffuse thinners in the early stages(eventhough you aren´t really early anymore) longer hair is better, imo. Just my opinion though. Hairline is looking fine. Good Luck with your regimen!

James Cole

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Sry, but to me this doesn´t look good at all. The horsehoe is clearly visible with your new haircut. just see how much darker(=thicker) your hair is on the sides. For diffuse thinners in the early stages(eventhough you aren´t really early anymore) longer hair is better, imo. Just my opinion though. Hairline is looking fine. Good Luck with your regimen!

Yes, you are right, I have inspected my scalp closely and its true, you can really see a thinning pattern on the top of the scalp, here is a pic.

IMG_1415.jpg

I am truly hoping that the DNC will give me thicker hair on top... are there other topicals that focus on thinning only?

Thanks

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Wow, I think it looks fine but I guess I could be bias as my hair looks the same. Seriously, one would have to stop and examine this kids hair to see anything.
I also think that this length looks good, though I keep mine a little longer.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i dont get all the negative comments either - i didnt even notice anything until people pointed it out...it looks fine to me.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
I think right now is the time to start treatment and it looks like you would have a good chance of saving your hair in your situation

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm

1. You are diffuse thinning all over the top..like in an NW6 pattern. Not nice.

2. You have receded a little.

3. Neither of which is that bad, or cause for serious alarm at the moment - appearance-wise.

4. Your hair is *nowhere* near bad enough to warrant minoxidil/rogaine. That's just crazy.

5. Get on finasteride, immediately.

mate, you're really lucky you've caught this early. like i said, us baldies can see where your hair loss is going but to the "untrained" eye then you've got normal, perfect hair. so don't feel self-concious when you're out and about...

seriously, get on that finasteride + nizoral shizznit..