Just Been Prescribed Oral Minoxidil Tablets. Thoughts???

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently on 1.25mg of finasteride daily for last 8 months.

Went dermatologist today and she has prescribed me oral minoxidil tablets starting 2.5mg every 2 days for 4 weeks then everyday after.

Whats peoples thoughts and experiences with oral minoxidil???

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the heck, I feel like no one used to talk about oral minoxidil. Now in 2019, I feel like everyone is lololol. It is great, I have been using it since Oct/Nov 2017 without sides. 2.5mg a day. 5mg a day seems to be safe as well, but I will stick to 2.5mg. 1mg has also been shown to be effective.

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you Need a prescription for oral minoxidil (unlike over the counter minoxidil). Who even carrie this? I use topical with Derma rolling but oral would be a lot simpler if it is effective.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here in Australia and UK you need prescription. We have chemists that sell it.

It is more effective at all over body hair growth than topical but can have serious sides like heart palpitations.

@AllerganSaveUs did you experience hair growth all over the body? The heart issues side affect didnt scare you?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
What the heck, I feel like no one used to talk about oral minoxidil. Now in 2019, I feel like everyone is lololol. It is great, I have been using it since Oct/Nov 2017 without sides. 2.5mg a day. 5mg a day seems to be safe as well, but I will stick to 2.5mg. 1mg has also been shown to be effective.

How long before 2.5mg worked on you? I started a week ago, experiencing some weird issues. My skin for one is more oily and it’s almost hot and flushed feeling. I’m wondering if I should just up the dosage to 5mg though.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you Need a prescription for oral minoxidil (unlike over the counter minoxidil). Who even carrie this? I use topical with Derma rolling but oral would be a lot simpler if it is effective.

You can buy it quite easily from a few places online but yes you need a prescription for it.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can use liquid, I am using 1 drop of 5% minoxidil which is about 2,5 mg of minoxidil(1 ml is 50 mg of minoxidil and 1 ml is about 20 drops).

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can use liquid, I am using 1 drop of 5% minoxidil which is about 2,5 mg of minoxidil(1 ml is 50 mg of minoxidil and 1 ml is about 20 drops).

Yeah you can use kirkland liquid as well, im using that just now but i ordered pills again anyway since they are so cheap, but nothing wrong with just drinking the liquid.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you experience hair growth all over the body?

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently on 1.25mg of finasteride daily for last 8 months.
There is a pharmacy in Australia who has started compounding finasteride and oral min.. unfortunately for me i can't take finasteride due to sides. They can make the tablets what ever dose is suitable from 0.6 to 10 mg. Would it be safe or effective to try this..I'm nervous after what i experienced with finasteride but I want to try something if it's safe.
Went dermatologist today and she has prescribed me oral minoxidil tablets starting 2.5mg every 2 days for 4 weeks then everyday after.

Whats peoples thoughts and experiences with oral minoxidil???