Joining the club!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks a little better to me. I'd be quite happy with that hairline if it was me!

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
The comment I got from my dad was that I was lucky that the baldness seemed to have skipped me. I told him that my time would come...
He said he had lost a lot of hair by the time he was my age. From the pictures I've seen he was a NW3v+ at 28/29 and his hair was gone just a few years later. Apparently my grandfather on my dads side was bald by the time he was 21...

My uncle on my moms side still had lots of hair in his late 20s and was thin on top by the time has was 40. I wish I could have inherited that gene but I think Im in between the two.

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
Sooo... About those slight sexual "sides"

They aren't related to finasteride! :D That is such a relief :D

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
Nearly a year since I last posted anything and more than 2 years since I started finasteride.
So Im one of those guys now! :D

Not really worrying much about hairloss much. Some days I think about it but even if I am lossing my hair, it doesn't bother me much and I can live with it.

I was pretty convinced it had got worse, but coming back and looking at the pics I put up, especially the first one, my hair looks the same!

Attachments

• IMG_20161025_095914 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20161025_095914 (Medium).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_20161025_095931 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20161025_095931 (Medium).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 479

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great man! You're just strictly on Finasteride?

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
Its that time of the year again when I give an update on my hair. Its been 3 years now since I started on finasteride and still going strong.
Over the last year I feel like I might have lost some ground on my hairline possibly due to lowering my dosage (half per day) and skipping days!
I recently got back from a week long trip and didn't take finasteride during that time.

To be honest, Im not as worried about my hair as I used to be. If I have lost a bit, so what? I've still got LOTS! Obviously, it would be nice to keep it all but there are more important things in life than hair.

I remember when I first started losing my hair I was completely freaked out. I stressed about it day and night, wondering if finasteride would really work or if I was going to lose my hair and I would get stressed if I skipped a day of finasteride.
These days I hardly give it a thought. Just take my finasteride in the morning (when I remember!) and go on about my day.

So here's my picture update. Keen to know what others think. Have I have lost some ground? I haven't really inspected my hair line for a few months before I took these pictures, so maybe Im just not used to what it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_20170824_124932.jpg
    IMG_20170824_124932.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_20170824_124956.jpg
    IMG_20170824_124956.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20170824_125012.jpg
    IMG_20170824_125012.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_20170824_125028.jpg
    IMG_20170824_125028.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 445

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Judging from your Sept 2015 pictures and the ones from your last update, your hair still looks the same to me man! Glad you're still having success.

Your story is a perfect example of what people should expect with finasteride; general long term maintenance of their baseline hair with some slight thickening.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is crazy how the responde to finasteride can vary .
I have started almost he saml month as you, with the same hair , and i am way worse than baseline , and keep on checking it all day .

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just kept getting worse on finasteride and minoxidil, from Norwood 3 to Norwood 4-5 in 2 years.

I don't get how people get regrow either.

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only ever used finasteride. I think if finasteride stopped working, I would just let my hair go. I couldn't be bothered with monox and other crap every day.

Sorry to hear you guys haven't had success :( that really does such.
I guess I'm one of the lucky guys who doesn't post on the forum anymore.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are very lucky !
so you have maintained your hairline or got some slight recession ?
Did you shed at the beginning ?

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel like I have had some reccesion in the last year, possibly. But looking at the old pictures it's very hard to tell. I haven't been monitoring all that closely. When I pull my hair back I feel like there used to be more hair on my hairline.
If I have lost ground, it's only on that thin patch in the middle of my hairline.

I think I had some shedding in the beginning but not enough to notice anything. I was just aware of more hair on my hands in the shower etc.

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
A little late this year but here's an update to my 4th year on finasteride.

Im 27 years old now and Im relatively happy with my hair. I kinda feel like I've lost a bit of ground over these 4 years, but Im not entirely sure... Could just be in my mind. My girlfriend did comment that I have a receding hairline once... Not that I really care and neither does she. My hairline isn't perfect but I still have loads of hair!

So, life carries on and I pop a pill once a day (sometimes every second day) and for the most part, forget that I have male pattern baldness.

And still no side effects!

Attachments

• Hair 2.jpg
    Hair 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 402
  • hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 411

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
5 years on finasteride... wow...

So I only come back to this forum now to post my annual update and let other guys know there is hope and this stuff really does work.
I've been living a normal and healthy life for the past 5 years and hardly ever think about my hairline. Sometimes I look at it, but it doesn't bother me. I just keep taking finasteride everyday and carry on about my business.

I won't be putting up pictures this year because it really hasn't changed.

Still no side effects :)