John Travolta 'was more popular bald'

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
John Travolta has revealed that he got more female attention when he donned a bald look for new movie From Paris With Love.

The actor, who shaved his head and wore a goatee beard for his role as FBI Agent Charlie Wax in the film, claimed that the look is popular with his fans.

"It was quite a radical look for me and I was a little concerned about what people might think," Absolute Now quotes him as saying.

"Not only did Kelly [Preston] like it but they did an online survey and 99% of people preferred it to my usual look. I might just go bald and bearded full-time from now on."

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/new ... -bald.html

Before:

travolta_061907.jpg

After:

tumblr_kw0879XaYj1qapzmso1_500.jpg

Does John Travolta actually look better without hair?

Why was he more popular bald?

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are my two guesses- one, he got some compliments and two, since there was positive feedback, he might have said "great- I don't have to wear a hair piece!".

Boondock

Reaction score
I actually think he looks slightly cooler bald, but perhaps a bit more quirky and less professional.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bollocks :thumbdown2: lets see if he puts his money where his mouth is. My guess would be dont expect him to ditch the rugs anytime soon.

Ps I dont think he looks better.

Nene

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Bollocks :thumbdown2: lets see if he puts his money where his mouth is. My guess would be dont expect him to ditch the rugs anytime soon.

Ps I dont think he looks better.

I don't think he looks better but I still think he looks pretty damn good bald. Pulls it off better than most guys.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He might like the look, but I'm sure directors, casting agents, and movie studios don't.

It worked for one role but it won't for others. If Hollywood wants a bald guy, they'll get Bruce Willis.

nerdwood

Established Member
Reaction score
He looks good either way, which just shows how unimportant hair really is.

Some people on here say they can't shave because it makes them look ugly.... NEWSFLASH - You probably are ugly even with hair.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on guys, dont kid yourselves, he might look cooler to us bald but then we aint the best judges are we!

If that wasnt Travolta we were comparing pictures for, everybody would say with hair is better, especially given his weight and age.

Halp

Reaction score
If he didnt have so much make up on and that fruity ear ring I think he looks alot better.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats a very good frontal picture of him with and without hair. Imagine them side by side, walking in the street, I think most would say hes better looking with the wig.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually think he is MUCH better looking bald than with hai. Recently he seemed to just look very average, but with his shaved head, he definitely has gotten back some sex appeal.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I think he looks better bald in that photo, compared to the other photo with a wig on. Mainly because it looks like he's wearing a wig! In which case, bald is better look than bald with wig.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Like I said lets see how long this bald look lasts. :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah if they ever remake Flash Gordon and need a Ming the Merciless he's a sure bet or maybe he could get a role in Pirates of the Caribeann 4. :hump:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually i'd like to see him redoing Grease now ....

(.... "DENIED!!" :woot: )